• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

So I've got a question about normal GPU temps when gaming. I've got a 980ti, and was playing The Witcher 3 DLC, for about 2 or 3 hours. All maxed out at 1080p. End of session, GPU is sitting at 56c. Ten minutes later now, it's down to 50c, so it's cooling down at an even pace. I'm assuming the fans will start kicking down soon too.
Does that sound decent?

More than decent, here is my system, 4790K+970 (miniITX version):

tempsvsssa.png

Finished the Hitman Beta with multiple approaches on each mission. Disabled all indicators etc. towards the end. Not sure about this. Will have to play bigger levels in the full game.

gdt

Thanks for the help guys. I started to mess around with evga precision X and kicked the fans up to 100% to speed the cooling. Set it back to auto and the gpu is idling at 39c no fans going.

accel

Thanks for the help guys. I started to mess around with evga precision X and kicked the fans up to 100% to speed the cooling. Set it back to auto and the gpu is idling at 39c no fans going.

For when you will finally find something to stress the GPU enough into high temps - everything up and including 70-75c is completely fine. Even higher temps are fine if they aren't constant (and by constant I mean hours upon hours, not minutes), but until it hits 70 just don't worry about it at all. Although obviously, the lower, the better.

Phinor

So I've got a question about normal GPU temps when gaming. I've got a 980ti, and was playing The Witcher 3 DLC, for about 2 or 3 hours. All maxed out at 1080p. End of session, GPU is sitting at 56c. Ten minutes later now, it's down to 50c, so it's cooling down at an even pace. I'm assuming the fans will start kicking down soon too.

When your GPU temps approach or go past 80C regularly, start looking into temperature issues. At 56C, I'd probably check whether it's possible to make the fans quieter or possibly disable them completely until the GPU hits higher temps than that.

Eila

I wasn't aware that there were mods for FF7. I know there was a project to greatly expand the functionality to the game (play as any character/day and night cycles), but it was never released.

There's a ton of mods, including complete re-translations, new or ripped character models (from Crisis Core), some bug fixes, among others.
I have never played the game with this, but The Reunion mod collection looks pretty solid.
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg209229#msg209229
Maybe our resident Final Fantasy guy can provide more input.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Probably a really silly question here but I'll ask here anyway.

A good friend of mine and myself both have Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition sitting in our libraries/backlogs which we haven't played yet. We were thinking of doing online coop and he had read that only the hosts progress saves, that isn't right surely ? I could maybe understand local coop but I'd assume with online you take your own saves from the session and you can wait until you both play coop again or continue on from where you left off on your own ? We would be saving the game purely for coop and wouldn't be playing it on our own or anything so there's no worries about one of us continuing without the other etc.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Probably a really silly question here but I'll ask here anyway.

A good friend of mine and myself both have Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition sitting in our libraries/backlogs which we haven't played yet. We were thinking of doing online coop and he had read that only the hosts progress saves, that isn't right surely ? I could maybe understand local coop but I'd assume with online you take your own saves from the session and you can wait until you both play coop again or continue on from where you left off on your own ? We would be saving the game purely for coop and wouldn't be playing it on our own or anything so there's no worries about one of us continuing without the other etc.

I'm not sure about the Enhanced Edition, but vanilla Original Sin did only give the host a save file. I found this out the hard way after my co-op buddy's laptop died while we were 30+ hours in, and it took our progress with it.

I wasn't aware that there were mods for FF7. I know there was a project to greatly expand the functionality to the game (play as any character/day and night cycles), but it was never released.

There's a ton of mods, including complete re-translations, new or ripped character models (from Crisis Core), some bug fixes, among others.
I have never played the game with this, but The Reunion mod collection looks pretty solid.
Sounds good. I just tried the PS1 version on my PSP and it's pretty slow. Hopefully the PC one is better.

Guess I missed it.

It's just updating right now.

Hmmm, didn't realize that. They should put their stuff on NexusMods - seems kind of counterproductive to have the links hidden away on a forum.

MUnited83

For you.
You don't need to distract first guard just pass behind him :D Also i never managed to lure target alone he always sent guard so i then went behind desk and waited until target come to look at the map by the desk,lured window guard to other side of the room, killed target, lured guard again, dragged body in the bathroom, lured window guard again and just went back same way you came in :D

You can lure the target alone if you open the bathroom door and then throw the coin to where the bathroom trash is. (anywhere else and the target will just ask the guard to go there instead). The going back through the window doesn't work for me though, Agent 47 goes to the wrong end of the window, and putting him on the correct side makes the guard below notice me, so I had to macgyver a way of sneaking out front :D

Already played it, did in-depth impressions. Quick impressions: most hidden-object games on hard mode are "fairly challenging." This game on hard mode will kick you in the balls and tell you that you're not a real man.

Also, some of the achievements are still broken, and there are some terrible "did not do the research" anachronistic elements (getting a letter from "The Queen" in a year when the sitting royal was a king, using the wrong name for a country at the time, etc.)

But overall, it's a game I can recommend.

dex3108

You can lure the target alone if you open the bathroom door and then throw the coin to where the bathroom trash is. (anywhere else and the target will just ask the guard to go there instead). The going back through the window doesn't work for me though, Agent 47 goes to the wrong end of the window, and putting him on the correct side makes the guard below notice me, so I had to macgyver a way of sneaking out front :D

He goes on the right side if you approach from the desk. If you go directly from the bathroom it goes on the wrong side. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom