• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
This is old news, but it's new to me. There is an experimental build of Dolphin that lets you use DX12 backend. Lots of games show 40-50% speed improvement if they are gfx intensive.

Me gusto.
Vulkan can't come soon enough, I want them improvements on Windows 7 and integrated in the main build.

kagamin

Not exactly, since I still own 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and D2... and never beat any of them lol.

giphy.gif

Dr Dogg

It uses 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro as a basis for tests.
I personally use 256 GB Samsung 840 EVO.
How is that article not relevant to my experience?

This is what you said.

Don't do that to your SSD.
They need at least 25% of free HDD space to work. And roughly 50% to not have performance degradation.

'They need' is a blanket term not factoring drive size or flash type used let alone even in that article you can see even the same size drive have varying performance at various levels of drive use more than likely due to differing factors in how their controller, firmware and software work. And this isn't even accounting for how things have moved on since that articles such as 840 Pro's don't have mandatory OP (I know because I own 2 and have to enable it myself) but this is now a common occurrence on Samsung's drives and has been on Crucial's for a while (I want to say M4's onwards but can find anything reliable) even reading the article the conclusion is 25% not 50%. In fact staying with Aanad and looking for something a bit more up to date 25% seems to be their threshold of their tests on newer review (MX100 review for example has an update to your previously posted article). Also something to bear in mind if you're trying to make a comparison on your end that 840 Pro's and Evo's are not that similar as they use different flash types

Tesseract

Banned
Was it from the Newegg price error by any chance? If so, they've caught on and unless you provide photographic proof of the voucher, they're going to decline. That's what happened to me.

it was, and i provided a screenshot of my order ;0

bitches stole a dollar from me

It'll be amusing when all these people who stubbornly hold on to windows 7 are forced to migrate to windows 10 for compatibility if they want to play anything new. :lol

it was, and i provided a screenshot of my order ;0

bitches stole a dollar from me

Yeah, unless you find someone there that has no clue on what happened, they're going to investigate and find out it was from the error. When that happened to me, I asked Newegg for a refund and got it.

Tesseract

Banned
Yeah, unless you find someone there that has no clue on what happened, they're going to investigate and find out it was from the error. When that happened to me, I asked Newegg for a refund and got it.

i'll write an email a day, like andy in shawshank

i will win this battle

Arthea

we are getting that Black Rose Valkyrie game soon enough, mark my words
I hope

It'll be amusing when all these people who stubbornly hold on to windows 7 are forced to migrate to windows 10 for compatibility if they want to play anything new. :lol

weirdly enough my migration to win 10 was least painful of all, except for drivers, I still have problems with some
probably because win 8 was so bloody horrible

Ozium

derExperte for mod

also lol @ people being mad they have to pay actual prices for ATS... Now people can actually discuss the price fairly unlike a certain other game

kagamin

It really sucks how some of my games that I enjoy don't work well with Windows 10... otherwise I'd switch in a heartbeat.

Annubis

Serious talk:
I'm thinking of keeping my Win7 computer and just getting a brand new computer as the Win10 one.

I'm due for an upgrade and the cost difference from not re-using some parts is pretty acceptable since you can't really transfer as many things anyway.

Arthea

derExperte for mod

also lol @ people being mad they have to pay actual prices for ATS... Now people can actually discuss the price fairly unlike a certain other game

I see you don't mind not having a single french on boards, because first thing he'll do is ban them all.

People are spoiling Firewatch in the pricing thread, I am really pissed off! How can they be so insensitive?!

The worse is that I was spoiled by the guy quoting the original spoiling poster... Ffs.

Nabs

People are spoiling Firewatch in the pricing thread, I am really pissed off! How can they be so insensitive?!

The worse is that I was spoiled by the guy quoting the original spoiling poster... Ffs.

I figured something like that would end up happening after reading some of that achievement thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom