• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you want polished games?

xLK1HkV.gif

Man, the Hitman beta performs like butt on my PC, hope DX12 and some new drivers help by the time the game comes out. I wouldn't pay a dollar over say $15 for this game at this point
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ozium

so...

basically a ton of posts about how controllers are god tier and talking about until dawn

the transformation is complete, I guess

yuraya

http://www.makewarnotlove.com/results-final.php

Last pack free:

Viking: Battle for Asgard
Renegade Ops /w DLC
Gunstar Heroes

Due to high volumes of redemptions please allow 3 days for a unique Steam code containing this content to be sent to you. We appreciate your patience during this time!

So if you got the previous pack you don't have to enter your email again? I just entered mine and it says that I am already on the sub list. It doesn't really take me anywhere after that.

FoneBone

Nuuvem deal: 2 games for $19.99 Brazilian (about $5 US).

Games are:

• Cities: Skylines (region locked to South America)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventures
  • FEAR Trilogy
  • L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
  • LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
  • The LEGO Movie - Videogame
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  • Guardians of Middle-Earth

The WBIE games on there can be bought from the US without a VPN (at least, I didn't need one for LEGO Batman and The LEGO Movie). Not sure about the two Rockstar titles.

Soulflarz

Banned
It's not even a bad game, what are you saying? lol. Quite enjoyed it. Finished it in a single sitting. Decently immersive with snappy QTEs and characters you feel something toward whether it be hate
fuuuuu Jessica
or barely tolerable
Emily
or, you know, great. I'd love to hear why you've given it that review, really.

It's not a bad game. It's like a 7.5/10?

My issue comes from the first twist and how borderline stupid it makes the entire scenario. The other issue I notably had was
how can Josh run around if these wendigos are killing people for so much as walking outside by the end
But yeah, it's not really a horror game by the end.
I didn't hate it, I just...didn't really love it :x It didn't do anything for me.

As for my gameplay issue, I don't like how doing X or Y leads to someones death without the answer being reasonable in the end usually.
Matt's death especially, since Sam should be dead in that scene, it invalidates your efforts.

It definitely had good parts, but those are my issues :p

MUnited83

For you.
It's not a bad game. It's like a 7.5/10?

My issue comes from the first twist and how borderline stupid it makes the entire scenario. The other issue I notably had was
how can Josh run around if these wendigos are killing people for so much as walking outside by the end
But yeah, it's not really a horror game by the end.
I didn't hate it, I just...didn't really love it :x It didn't do anything for me.

As for my gameplay issue, I don't like how doing X or Y leads to someones death without the answer being reasonable in the end usually.
Matt's death especially, since Sam should be dead in that scene, it invalidates your efforts.

It definitely had good parts, but those are my issues :p

Uh....

Pretty sure there was one single wendingo out in the open when Josh was "running around" doing his stunts, and it was on the caves.
The other wendingos were all locked on the broken down building, before shit went south.

Soulflarz

Banned
Uh....

Pretty sure there was one single wendingo out in the open when Josh was "running around" doing his stunts, and it was on the caves.
The other wendingos were all locked on the broken down building, before shit went south.

Oh well aware but meh I'm chalking that up to plot demands it that him creeping around didn't get him screwed over way earlier :x
Also I got Chris killed lel

Making an indiegala profile and connecting it to a steam account is an inevitability I guess. Indiegala wouldn't sent me a link to my profile to claim though. I'm just thankful it is the general URL for my profile...

Due to high volumes of redemptions please allow up-to 14 days for a unique Steam code containing this content to be sent to you. We appreciate your patience during this time!
You people thought 3 days was bad. That was for dawn of War 2 stuff (and yes it did want another e-mail confirmation).

It now doesn't seem to let me claim the 3rd tier. First it was telling me verification mail was already sent and now it is telling me too many attempts on that e-mail.

SEGA, you had it totally fine on part 1, why did you mess this up so bad?

Turfster

SEGA, you had it totally fine on part 1, why did you mess this up so bad?

Look, if they just made it a free package, only people that wanted it could get it on their own account.
Now illegal resellers can sign up with tons of email accounts and make a profit.
Think of the poor illegal resellers.

Ozium

STEAM | March 2016 - SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY THANK YOU SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY THANK YOU SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY HAPPY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY BIRTHDAY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY

STEAM | March 2016 - SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY THANK YOU SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY THANK YOU SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY

They are the cancer of the video game industry confirmed.

MaLDo

Hi, I have a problem :(

Nearly 150 non-steam games added to steam have disappeared.

100 of them were .bat files, so no .bat files are visible now in my account.

The rest were regular .exe from Uplay and Origin that have disappeared too.

Surprisingly, some non-steam games are still visible, meaning that they have not all disappeared.

¿¿??

EDIT: I just opened shortcuts.vdf and they are there. wtf?

Hi, I have a problem :(

Nearly 150 non-steam games added to steam have disappeared.

100 of them were .bat files, so no .bat files are visible now in my account.

The rest were regular .exe from Uplay and Origin that have disappeared too.

Surprisingly, some non-steam games are still visible, meaning that they have not all disappeared.

¿¿??

I've always had bad luck with non-Steam game links, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, sometimes they disappear.

Oh well aware but meh I'm chalking that up to plot demands it that him creeping around didn't get him screwed over way earlier :x
Also I got Chris killed lel

i liked the game quite a bit but yea by the end it was no longer a horror game. Only person that died for me was Matt. I look forward to a sequel, hopefully it runs better and also maybe this time around the ending will actually be different.

Soulflarz

Banned
i liked the game quite a bit but yea by the end it was no longer a horror game. Only person that died for me was Matt. I look forward to a sequel, hopefully it runs better and also maybe this time around the ending will actually be different.

I uhm
I killed Matt/Josh/Jessica in my normal run, but at the very end I assumed it was implied everyone else would run if I ran for the explosion, NO ONE ELSE RAN
As such I killed 3 more in the ending because they were idiots

Ozium

disgaea is a piece of shit

Nuuvem deal: 2 games for $19.99 Brazilian (about $5 US).

Games are:

• Cities: Skylines (region locked to South America)
  • Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - Deluxe Edition
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked: A DC Comics Adventures
  • FEAR Trilogy
  • L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
  • Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
  • LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
  • The LEGO Movie - Videogame
  • LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
  • Guardians of Middle-Earth

The WBIE games on there can be bought from the US without a VPN (at least, I didn't need one for LEGO Batman and The LEGO Movie). Not sure about the two Rockstar titles.

It won't let me check out. Going for Scribblenauts and Lego Batman btw.

Knurek

Transformation? GAF has always been a console forum.

Speaking of console gamers, do you think a Normal difficulty run through Pillars is doable for someone like me, who played mostly (piss easy) JRPGs and who's only cRPG experience so far has been Witcher 2/3, Mass Effect trilogy and M&MX: Legacy? Or should I stick to Easy or Story Mode?

(I mean, not really the only cRPG experience, but close enough)

MaLDo

I've always had bad luck with non-Steam game links, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, sometimes they disappear.

Ok, problem solved.

I don't know the reason, but all of them were into the hidden category. Looking at the shortcuts.vdf file I saw the hidden tag in every game I was looking for.

Jawmuncher

Speaking of console gamers, do you think a Normal difficulty run through Pillars is doable for someone like me, who played mostly (piss easy) JRPGs and who's only cRPG experience so far has been Witcher 2/3, Mass Effect trilogy and M&MX: Legacy? Or should I stick to Easy or Story Mode?

If you do a bunch of quests you'll be fine.

Ozium

normal is really forgiving, I never played an infinity engine game and found normal to be fair.

also you can change the difficulty at any time

Mivey

.... cRPG experience so far .... Mass Effect trilogy ...
What have I done to you? Why are you trying to offend me?
(Unless you mean , "console RPG", in which case replace Mass Effect with MM:X)

Also, wasn't Pillars specifically designed to make almost any build viable? Should make the difficulty effectively easier, if that is actually true.

AHA-Lambda

STEAM | March 2016 - SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY THANK YOU SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY THANK YOU SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY HAPPY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY BIRTHDAY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY SONY

Have I missed something? :/

Knurek

What have I done to you? Why are you trying to offend me?
(Unless you mean , "console RPG", in which case replace Mass Effect with MM:X)

Mass Effect 1 is even on RPG Codex list, so I'm not sure why you're offended so much?
Still liked ME2/3 more, worse RPGs but better games overall

Ozium

I mentioned Until Dawn so he got annoyed about Sony or something.

Reminder guys, this is a community thread. We aren't just here to solely talk about Steam.

"mentioned" there are literally 3 pages of people discussing until dawn with spoiler text...

also can you please direct me to the non-community thread? just because the mods decided it would be a good idea to move these kinds of threads to community sub forum does not mean it's all of a sudden not a Steam thread

https://groupees.com/casual6
Wait do I understand this correctly. You can spend $1, get a $1 groupee coin, a game and free Heaven Island* (you know in case you missed the other times it was free). It seems like you can abuse this if you want to be a loan broker to groupees (buy the bundle multiple times and pay $6 with $6 off in the future instead of $3.50).

*-I spent 8 hours idling that "game". Though Badland is having it beat at the moment at 14 hours.

Wait do I understand this correctly. You can spend $1, get a $1 groupee coin, a game and free Heaven Island (you know in case you missed the other times it was free). It seems like you can abuse this if you want to be a loan broker to groupees (buy the bundle multiple times and pay $6 with $6 off in the future instead of $3.50).

Groupees' coin system is... odd. I have nearly $25 in credit from $7 spent across two bundles (the whole fluctuating-value, "this coin is like Groupees stock" deal).

madjoki

Wait do I understand this correctly. You can spend $1, get a $1 groupee coin, a game and free Heaven Island* (you know in case you missed the other times it was free). It seems like you can abuse this if you want to be a loan broker to groupees (buy the bundle multiple times and pay $6 with $6 off in the future instead of $3.50).

*-I spent 8 hours idling that "game". Though Badland is having it beat at the moment at 14 hours.

There's one big caveat, coins can't be used on preorders.

This is excellent if you have $1 coin already, use it -> get another $1 coin + free game.

fantomena

The hype for Dark Souls 3 (currently my most wanted game) makes me want to play other Souls, but Bloodborne kinda made me feel that DS1 & 2 is boring or uninpiring (mostly 2) and I just wish I could play Demon's at 60 FPS or something. :(

Jawmuncher

I'm fully expunged Dark Souls 3 to be nothing special. Doesn't mean it'll be bad, but the last souls game with any charm was Dark Souls 1. Bloodborne included.

fantomena

I'm fully expunged Dark Souls 3 to be nothing special. Doesn't mean it'll be bad, but the last souls game with any charm was Dark Souls 1. Bloodborne included.

I was one of the lucky ones to be able to play the network closed beta which gave me a pretty big area and a boss to kill.

I felt that it had the more open paths like Dark Souls and the fast-paced gameplay in Bloodborne.

DS3 felt like DS1 and Bloodborne had a baby. Which could mean it to me it would be an incredible beautiful baby.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Pillars was my first crpg experience ever, and it wasn't bad. Granted, I played on easy, but the only difference between easy and normal are the number of enemies in normal encounters (the boss/big encounters are usually exactly the same).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom