• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

So PS4 VR will probably be only $399 because Sony is there 4 the gamers.

I'm going to guess between $400 and $600. They will probably have the cheapest one.

Sony will for sure have the cheapest one. Which to many will mean a win. But we'll see how that goes quality wise. Since I doubt these other headsets are putting at a high price to just drain early adopters. At least not fully.

Vive is $799. Now cue people freaking out because they didn't pay attention to HTC or Valve prior.
Whopping. It has controllers bundled though. Early adopter yadda-yadda. Gonna get a lot cheaper with future revisions. Important thing is to make a very good first impression. Half-assing a new tech would be much more detrimental to VR catching on than initial high prices.

Dr Dogg

Vive is $799. Now cue people freaking out because they didn't pay attention to HTC or Valve prior.

That's cheaper than I expected. With what the HTC guys were saying I was expecting a grand. Still too much for me to fork out willy nilly plus I don't think the suggestion of turning the spare room into a VR room would go down to well.

I'm more interested in Vive than Occulus tbh. The camera/AR, IR head-tracking and bundled controllers together with more focus on non-stationary usage compared to the Rift excites me more.

VR still doesn't have anything that makes me want to buy it or prioritize it.
I welcome that though. I'll save money for something more worthwhile, like a contingent plan for a new PC! :D

emptyroom

Neo Member
I don't think 800 is unreasonable for this kind of technology, and my guess is of it was in the $400 range people would complain that VALVE cheaped out.

Tizoc

VR still doesn't have anything that makes me want to buy it or prioritize it.
I welcome that though. I'll save money for something more worthwhile, like a contingent plan for a new PC! :D

Lately I've been thinking of buildin a portable PC. My lappy gets some good stuff done but a portable gaming PC is something I'll aim to make in coming years.

Uzzy

That's cheaper than I expected. With what the HTC guys were saying I was expecting a grand. Still too much for me to fork out willy nilly plus I don't think the suggestion of turning the spare room into a VR room would go down to well.

$799 should convert to £554.63. So I'm expecting a price of £600.

Phinor

Yeah, I'm expecting it to be €800 or something. I won't enter the VR race for another two years at least then.

If it's $799, it's reasonable to expect the euro price to be around 1000€ with VAT. I don't think they will pass the 1000€ because that's a huge mental barrier for a lot of people. I'd say maybe $799, £700, 949€.

In any case, I'm out of this VR business. Maybe in few years.

Pachimari

To account for sales tax it would've to be around 900€, so it probably will be.

If it's $799, it's reasonable to expect the euro price to be around 1000€ with VAT. I don't think they will pass the 1000€ because that's a huge mental barrier for a lot of people. I'd say maybe $799, £700, 949€.

In any case, I'm out of this VR business. Maybe in few years.

Well yeah, it wouldn't surprise if the price will be €1000 if and when it arrives here in Europe.

Rizzi

The beginning can be a bit rough, but it's largely doable. Use pause a lot and if you are in a fight against some difficult enemies don't hesitate to leave the map to rest.

(edit) Maybe I'm misreading your screenshot, but it seems your main character is a mage? That's really not the best choice here. A fighter is much easier for a first playthrough.

Paladin/Inquisitor.
That was right as I was heading to meet the Khalid and Jaheira. :<

Anteater

meh the gaming community go on a meltdown over trivial things

by that I mean things they haven't even paid for

oh no a negative preview it's the end of the world

Tizoc

Imagine if SonyVR is priced discounted for a limited time only :V
Then imagine if said discounted SonyVR ends up being the 2nd coming of 360's RROD
Further imagine that games released for SonyVR end up being dull and unimpressive and uninspired

SonyGAF would still defend it

Imagine if SonyVR is priced discounted for a limited time only :V
Then imagine if said discounted SonyVR ends up being the 2nd coming of 360's RROD
Further imagine that games released for SonyVR end up being dull and unimpressive and uninspired

SonyGAF would still defend it

I would say I am a bit more interested in the Sony VR Lineup, because it actually has some japanese developed games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom