• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha so many people in the Vive thread who were never going to buy the thing regardless of the announced price. So obvious.

Nah, I love the vehicle levels. Some of the airboat setpieces are probably gonna look insane in VR.

I thought I was alone all this time because I enjoyed those parts and everyone else seemed to dislike it.

Anteater

2016-02-21_00003wspul.jpg

condemned is pretty good

dex3108

Forget it, nobody seems to care.
Not EA. Not Epic. Not Microsoft. Not PCF.
Only users care, and who gives a shit about what they want, right?

My EBGames sells 360 copies for CDN$0.99 and I still haven't bothered buying, but if come summer sale you still want someone to buy it, I'd be happy to help you out. Truster's right, though. GFWL will never be removed. Don't dream so much.

PCF owns IP so it is up to them or EA to remove it. I don't know who has access to Steam (publisher or developer) so i don;t know who to bother via social media or email XD

Sch1sm

Autocorrect butchered your name, Turfster, I didn't, blame autocorrect.

Speaking of EA, I finished playing one of their latest IPs - Unravel. I wish it was a Steam game. It's different from what we'd usually see from them. Puzzle platformer.
Yes, I know, how typical of me.
Likelihood is zero, though. I'll forever have it on Origin. It had such great mechanics, such great physics. The soundtrack was enjoyable, the art was amazing.

Now where can I find one of those on Steam? Limbo sure ain't it, but it's what people always tend to point to, and while I loved it, I loved Unravel more. Sort of like the parent in this commercial who had to choose which child to shoot when kidnappers came about; you always love one more.

I'll think i'll end up with both the Vive and the OR at launch. I can charge one of them to my lab without any issues (charging both might raise some eyebrows), and this let's me (a) charge the more expensive one to the lab, and (b) leave the Vive headset in the lab and bring the OR home and not have to worry about the carrying cases and all that nonsense. My lab room also has a huge open space in the middle that should be perfect for the "walk around" aspect of the Vive.

My hope is just a year from now it doesn't go in my Pile of Discarded Research Interfaces in the corner of the room (Kinect, Leap, Bamboo, Falcon, etc)

Imagine you get your Vive.
A strange code is lying inside the box.
"Please redeem that Code on Steam!"

Portal 3/L4D3 - The Purple Box - exclusive for 6 months for vive owners.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Forget it, nobody seems to care.
Not EA. Not Epic. Not Microsoft. Not PCF.
Only users care, and who gives a shit about what they want, right?

PCF can't do anything because the EA Partners contract is still in effect, and given the game bombed, I doubt EA has any interest in paying what's bound to be at least two or three months of development to rip out GFWL and replace it with Origin's equivalent systems for achievements and networking. Basically, PCF has no choice but to sit on its hands until its contract with EA expires and publishing rights finally land at its feet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rise's fps went to shit when I reached the
soviet base
(thats a very early spoiler but still)], what are the biggest offenders I can turn down besides the usual suspect SMAA (which I had already down)?

was so smooth (except for some ocasional drops like when
the bear
shows up for example but it went back up imediatly) so far

Turfster

Daily Dustforce DX 75% off

Rise's fps went to shit when I reached the
soviet base
(thats a very early spoiler but still)], what are the biggest offenders I can turn down besides the usual suspect SMAA (which I had already down)?

Texture & shadow quality, mainly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Textures is the more important one of the two =p
What are you running these days? GTX970? Better?
The impact of the hair is minimal, depending on what you're running, again.

2 970s, same as always

Yeah, I'm just curious why people get hung up on the
Sudoku
, when there's the stuff I mentioned missing. :\

Because it retroactively changes EVERYTHING. It's very much an Uchikoshi twist that, instead of utilizing functions that are available on all hardware like in Ever 17 or VLR, it's something that cannot be communicated as well outside of the DS.

So, anybody think preorders for Vive will be charged immediately? Starting a new job and all, I would love to secure one now and pay with a later paycheck.

fantomena

Oddly enough, you sound even more so.

Unless this is your introduction to the concept of fuck-you-money.

How am I angry? I have so far been suprised about how careless I am about VR.

I hope VR is gonna be huge and amazing, but right now Im not feeling the hype (or the price lol).

I did try Oculus once last year at my university. It was kinda cool, but they probably had an old build to use.

Hello deeries~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Deer -- MB-6B42F806EC87409C - Taken by TheMadMan007

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
"shitty", "fuck you money" (don't know what that mean though).

Simply the wording.

He might not be angry at all, I just read it that way.

When Im angry, I write the same way.

Do you really expect to see "sub-par" instead of "shitty" and "money I feel comfortable gambling with/you can't tell me nothing money" instead of "fuck you money?" This is the internet.

Let's dispell the fiction that you don't know exactly what you're doing.

You're saying the platform that runs things like Undertale or Pony Island couldn't handle running two windows at the same time?[/URL]

Well, you were talking about getting hung up on that one instance which pretty much makes the plot, so I thought you meant that on its own.

But yes, PC could handle it fine. HOWEVER,
there's something magical about physically flipping the hardware itself. It's like reading a good book and then the book requires you to look at it a certain way which changes the meaning of everything you've read up to that point. And this is just my interpretation, but the separation between the top and bottom screens in a physical space (and not an emulated space like it would be on PC) is similarly genius as it represents just how close and yet how far apart the two timelines are, never touching but always communicating to each other, albeit unknowingly in Junpei's case until the end when he takes control.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wait, I left an item in the main room of the Facility in Resident Evil 0 and it seems to have disappeared... is it possible for things to reset back to their original location? Also, the room item limit is lameeeeee.

Jawmuncher

Wait, I left an item in the main room of the Facility in Resident Evil 0 and it seems to have disappeared... is it possible for things to reset back to their original location? Also, the room item limit is lameeeeee.

Go to your map. If you picked up the item or felt it, it will list where the item is.

Parsnip

PCF can't do anything because the EA Partners contract is still in effect, and given the game bombed, I doubt EA has any interest in paying what's bound to be at least two or three months of development to rip out GFWL and replace it with Origin's equivalent systems for achievements and networking. Basically, PCF has no choice but to sit on its hands until its contract with EA expires and publishing rights finally land at its feet.
Speaking of which, hasn't it been about 5 years since the release, I wonder how long of a contract we are potentially talking about.

I'm not sure if I do ... I found nothing on the store titled "Army".

Full name: Army of Tentacles: (Not) A Cthulhu Dating Sim.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/427930/

Oh, right, I forgot to buy your game earlier. I'll do so when the Weeklies are updated.

Weeklies.

*laughs which turns into deep sobbing*

As promised, I finally played Army of Tentacles for a few hours (thanks for the game again), so here are my impressions. Army of Tentacles is an light RPG in which you click to go to one place to another, to meet crazy characters. In the end, the give you quests you have to completed in mostly mundane ways (the game make fun of the whole filler quests concept). It's probably the only mundane thing here. I mean the game uses several different (ugly) text fonts and combines totally different art styles, including real life photographies as backgrounds. All over the place. It's nuts.

Battles are actually a matter of choosing the right answer or reply among four choices. These battles often uses popular culture themes, so your success will depend on your knowledge. The game basically invites you to consult Google when you're in the dark (like I was with Narnia). So far, I had arguments (er... battles) about topics like Nintendo, LucasArts/Double Fine/Tim Schafer and Hamlet/Shakespeare. That last one was pretty long, and became frustrating after 4-5 tries. So far, there is one time where I had no idea what to do and where to go, so I had to visit each place to advance. Turned out I needed a password from a place I already visited previously.

I'm not sure if I'm actually having fun, but there is something weirdly compelling about Army of Tentacles that will make me play it again today. For how long ? Who knows.

I'll try to post a review on Steam when I'm done.

Thanks. One of the things we definitely tried to hammer down as making sure people knew where to go.

Jawmuncher

So is that why Shadows of the Damned isn't on PC yet? They're still waiting on the EA partners thing to go away? Might be why fuse didn't happen either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom