• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

OR and Vive have more VR-launch titles than games the PS4 and Xbox One had during its launch.

I'm being facetious. For most of GAF, regular PC gaming is 'dead' so ofc VR PC will be too. Just as they can't accept $500+ GPUs and $1000+ monitors are successful not-DOA products, they won't comprehend how $600-800 VR headsets can be anything other than DOA.

MUnited83

For you.
All the "Sony please save VR" posts are hilarious. Reminds me of all the posts that people make when talking about PSVR being a "comparable experience", by the way of magic and techno-babble they spew out without understanding one bit of what it actually means.
That and people talking about how "PC VR will bomb because Nvidia says only 12 million PCs are VR ready", without understanding that Nvidia is only refering of PCs ready for VR of the highest quality. They don't understand that you don't need a GTX 970 with a beefy CPU to use VR. You can still use VR with other low cost headsets that dont need nearly as a beefy machine to run. Example: OSVR.

All the "Sony please save VR" posts are hilarious. Reminds me of all the posts that people make when talking about PSVR being a "comparable experience", by the way of magic and techno-babble they spew out without understanding one bit of what it actually means.
That and people talking about how "PC VR will bomb because Nvidia says only 12 million PCs are VR ready", without understanding that Nvidia is only refering of PCs ready for VR of the highest quality. They don't understand that you don't need a GTX 970 with a beefy CPU to use VR. You can still use VR with other low cost headsets that dont need nearly as a beefy machine to run. Example: OSVR.

Because those people never even followed the VR market or read any news.

Of course you dont need to have a GTX970 if you play things like that Arcade Simulator (or I even guess Luckys Tale).

tuxfool

Banned
Because those people never even followed the VR market or read any news.

Of course you dont need to have a GTX970 if you play things like that Arcade Simulator (or I even guess Luckys Tale).

Actually I'd say a GTX970 won't do for lucky's tale (or sneak by). You're talking about low latency, 90fps, 1440p here. It is just as large a hurdle as 1080p 60fps is for the consoles.

I don't want a shitty VR experience for my first go round and I have $800 of fuck you money. Guess I'm going with the Vive.

I think even then after one and a half year there will be better VR headsets out.
Good that somehow the people in the Vive thread dont know about reselling these things...

If the next iteration comes out, you can still sell that (I guess) for 3/4 the purchase price.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think even then after one and a half year there will be better VR headsets out.
Good that somehow the people in the Vive thread dont know about reselling these things...

If the next iteration comes out, you can still sell that (I guess) for 3/4 the purchase price.
I will just pass on this revision to a family member when upgrading as I do with video cards.

More time with Street Fighter V and I have come to the realization that I was in the camp of "I know the lack of single player modes suck but, at least the people that want to fight." camp and now I have moved to "Barebones would be fine if the online actually performed well." People say it's working fine now probably only play ranked so they don't know how the connection is on the other side. The netcode implementation has an issue. I have been playing matches against Messiah from here in the US to Germany and we both have good connections so most other games are fine for us. With SFV there isn't any actual lag but the way the rollback netcode tries to correct for the distance is fucked.

At the moment Messiah can't make lobbies so I do so, thing is when that happens, he gets me teleporting on his end and I get a perfectly fine match on my end. How this happens is crazy to me and I assume if Messiah was able to make a lobby I would be the one to get teleporting and he wouldn't. This is kinda silly how half baked the online is considering that's the primary point of the beta. I am more annoyed at this than I expected, I thought the online being kinda borked was only day 1 stuff but that's not the case.

Endruen

New 4TB HDD exclusive for my games.
KNELjem.png

Feels good.

Time to install all my Steam library.

Tizoc

Damn you Tizoc now i need to look for somebody to buy me Bulletstorm during Summer Sale (Because game is not available in my region)!

I just saw this

Layoffs at Activision After Guitar Hero, Skylanders Underperform

Man you are not safe even at publisher who has huge amount of money.

Amazon sells Origin key of it, but otherwise if you want a good trader, there is one I've been using for the past year. Saved over $100 in the long run on my purchases so far :p
They also offer DanganRonpa for $18 and it would be a ROW copy.

Hektor

My legend ironman campaign was flawless for the first 3 missions but then i lost 3 soldiers in a single turn because all 4 squadmates didn't hit the 1HP faceless despite everyone having between 70% and 80% hitchance.

He then hit the bus 3 soldiers were standing next to and made them all explode.
Fuck XCOM. Burn in hell you rotten piece of software.

I don't have $800. Dammit.

PlayStation™ VR, for those times when you don't have the cash to buy a real VR setup so you buy the next best thing!™***

﹡﹡﹡ᴾᶫᵃʸˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ ⁴, ᴾᶫᵃʸˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ ᴾᶫᵘˢ ˢᵘᵇˢᶜʳᶦᵖᵗᶦᵒᶰ, ᴾᶫᵃʸˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ ⱽᴿ, ᴾᶫᵃʸˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ ᴹᵒᵛᵉ ᶜᵒᶰᵗʳᵒᶫᶫᵉʳˢ, ᴾᶫᵃʸˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ ᴱʸᵉ ᶜᵃᵐᵉʳᵃ, ᵃᶰᵈ ᴾᶫᵃʸˢᵗᵃᵗᶦᵒᶰ ⁴/ⱽᴿ ˢᵒᶠᵗʷᵃʳᵉ ᵃᶫᶫ ˢᵒᶫᵈ ˢᵉᵖᵃʳᵃᵗᵉᶫʸ⋅

Well holee shit
ViHuGi got banned.

The Mod that did it is a beast!

Do i automatically get a key for the 2nd round of free games from sega if I got the first?

I put in my email for a free key for renegade ops but it says I am already on the mailing list...I have not got a key yet this was yesterday.

Ridiculous. Reinstalling Blood Dragon for a second time in two days now. Installing on OS SDD this time in case that was an issue, doubt it though. It probably has nothing to do with Uplay but it's the first time I'm using that service and the first impression is horrible so far.

Tizoc

Damn you Tizoc now i need to look for somebody to buy me Bulletstorm during Summer Sale (Because game is not available in my region)!

I just saw this

Layoffs at Activision After Guitar Hero, Skylanders Underperform

Man you are not safe even at publisher who has huge amount of money.

At this rate Acti should just stick to CoD, sell off any franchises or IPs it has and it'd still be top dog, don't get why they even bother having multiple IPs under its belts when it puts all its money into COD.

Do i automatically get a key for the 2nd round of free games from sega if I got the first?

I put in my email for a free key for renegade ops but it says I am already on the mailing list...I have not got a key yet this was yesterday.

I believe they said to allow for two weeks to get keys out.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh snap, I forgot the entire HL2 saga had VR support, not just 2 itself. I guess that will be a pretty sweet way to replay the series again for the first time in a couple years.

Phawx

I'm more interested in Vive than Occulus tbh. The camera/AR, IR head-tracking and bundled controllers together with more focus on non-stationary usage compared to the Rift excites me more.

Have to agree. Plus I have a DK2 which I hope will continue to work in the future.

Not going to spend that money on it though. Not too sure how I feel about used VR equipment, but if I can get replacement foam parts, I'll most likely buy used.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Haha so many people in the Vive thread who were never going to buy the thing regardless of the announced price. So obvious.

Experience the boredom of the vehicle level in VR.

" I can feel the boring"

Nah, I love the vehicle levels. Some of the airboat setpieces are probably gonna look insane in VR.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fated Souls -- MB-4D3A215EC356D352 - Taken by SSPssp. 2 entrants total.

t1456075145z1.png

So to be clear, Vive doesn't require a huge amount of room right? I'm still good to use it primarily at my desk?

I'm interested in using the living room aspect but live in an apartment so I'm not sure there's enough space to mess with that.

dex3108

Amazon sells Origin key of it, but otherwise if you want a good trader, there is one I've been using for the past year. Saved over $100 in the long run on my purchases so far :p
They also offer DanganRonpa for $18 and it would be a ROW copy.

(doesn't tell him about the $3 copies I can get from my local dollar store)

I want it on Steam. I still have some hope that GFWL will be removed :(

Sch1sm

I want it on Steam. I still have some hope that GFWL will be removed :(

My EBGames sells 360 copies for CDN$0.99 and I still haven't bothered buying, but if come summer sale you still want someone to buy it, I'd be happy to help you out. Turfster's right, though. GFWL will never be removed. Don't dream so much.

So to be clear, Vive doesn't require a huge amount of room right? I'm still good to use it primarily at my desk?

I'm interested in using the living room aspect but live in an apartment so I'm not sure there's enough space to mess with that.

On the plus side, if you do have to get up and use it, if you're about to bump into something you'll know because it shows you. M a g i c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom