• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Just finished GFR. Took me about 6-7 hours to beat it. Really enjoyed my time with the game. The writing was great and there were lots of funny moments. The character's played a big part in making the game so enjoyable. Even the side character's whom you never see again leave a bit of a lasting impression.
I still found more than quite a few of the puzzles to be a bit much. Using that really odd adventure game logic where you probably wouldn't know how to do it. Unless you were using a guide (Like I did when I got stumped), or just clicking all your items on everything.
Still I would say it's worth a play to anyone in the mood for a good story and/or is in the mood for something relaxing to play. I know the game goes on sale for under 5 now, and is even currently in this bundle for less than 3 dollars.

Thanks to Rhaknar for the game.

This was one of those adventure games where even when following a guide for a puzzle I still felt they were bullshit. I find it frustrating that some of my favorite stories in gaming (such as Grim Fandango's) are trapped behind such irritating game design. I think I would prefer if a lot of them were just animated movies.

Already had these three:
So they started sending out? Waiting for mine. Only interested in Renegade Ops. Was going for a buck last year on some store but I held off. See kids, you can too save a whole Dollar by waiting just 12 months.
Most games that old have aged terribly so that makes sense.
There are plenty old games which I still can enjoy but PS1 era was just... yikes. More often than from that period there are duds better left in nostalgia.

I hope I didn't mess up the procedure. When I tried to enter for 3rd round, I got a message in that site that I was already subscribed. I got the free DLC for more than 3 hours now and still no Round 3 email.

That's how I got the third round of games. I was already subscribed.

Y'all already got the third promo email? I got the DoW email notifciation.
Hope they don't screw me over.

I got the DLC email and then about 20-30 min later I got the Steam keys for the games.

What did you have to do for the third batch of games? They've done a terrible job advertising this stuff.

If you got the second round in your email, you'll get the third round too, it seems.

Dsyndrome

Maybe I should check my junk email address more, didn't realize Sega was sending more stuff; only one I've played (and had actually) was Gunstar Heroes.

Phawx

I really can't convince myself to do the six month haul on TheIndieBox. I just get a few boxes here and there when I know what's inside of them. I DO want AAC in box, but I already have it on Steam. Think I'll pass on this one.

Off-topic: Gaming Twitter is melting.

Still haven't gotten the code for round three, hopefully soon.

I got my round three code about an hour ago.

I know that one of you wants to be sale *brings us to a round number*.

Do it for me, guys.

Don't let my autistic spaz mind win.

Victory for the normal brains.

Dsyndrome

Also, anybody that didn't get the Condemned: CO, etc. games and still wants them, let me know, turns out I had all three and my family doesn't want them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Sch1sm, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Street Fighter V -- MB-BE2CBC6FE84CD895 Trivia Question: Who's the most beautiful fighter of the franchise?

t1456203598z1.png

sadblob

Got the codes, here's an extra copy of 2 and 3, and also some crap that's been free before

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Costa1774, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blaster Shooter GunGuy! -- MB-4D17A74D514E6B6B - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
16 bit trader -- MB-512E8E6444EEB601 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Post Mortem -- MB-BF90069D479F01E9 - Taken by Coldsun. 1 entrants total.
Make War not Love 2 -- MB-C408DD6B8AC7AF6F - Taken by Kagemusha. 2 entrants total.
Make War not Love 3 -- MB-FF9893B1CFE93A38 - Taken by doctorcdcs. 1 entrants total.

t1456200964z1.png

Teggy

I bought Tembo with that Sega coupon. Watch it be in next month's Humble.

Hey, I own all 5 Sega Genesis packs and have never played a Genesis game. If I was to choose one game, which should it be?
Edit: other than Sonic because I have tried and failed to play Sonic a million times.

yuraya

Hey, I own all 5 Sega Genesis packs and have never played a Genesis game. If I was to choose one game, which should it be?
Edit: other than Sonic because I have tried and failed to play Sonic a million times.

Castlevania: Bloodlines
(I wish)

Just play Vectorman. It was the best thing about the Genesis.

Yakkue

Dokuro

I bought it during the Lunar Year sale just knowing it was a platformer and based on the art style. Talking about the artstyle, it looks like a draw on a chalkboard.

It's a puzzle platformer with 10 short levels in each area where you need to help the princess travel until the end of the level, while solving puzzles and taking care to her not die in the environment or by enemies. The gameplay mechanics are simple, and you can understand them without much thought because the complexity rises as you progress through the areas. I'm currently in the fourth area and the puzzles are starting to become more complex.

I don't talk much about technical aspects of games because of how old my laptop is, but the options on this game are a bit lackuster, I didn't found a way to rebind the keys and there wasn't many graphic options besides chaging the screen size. Albeit these problems I'm still enjoying my time with it.

It's a fun game! That princess has no sense of self-preservation at all though. She walks happily into any kind of obvious, horrible death...

I wished ACE team would've made a better effort to make zeno clash 2 more playable than the first. They definitely improved the world and overall design of the game but I let out an audible sigh almost every time a fight begins.

Eila

I bought Tembo with that Sega coupon. Watch it be in next month's Humble.

Alien Soldier and Comix Zone are dope.
However I'd rather play them on retroarch than on the official emulator, from the little I played.

Tizoc

Alien Soldier and Comix Zone are dope.
However I'd rather play them on retroarch than on the official emulator, from the little I played.
To elaborate the games offered come in the form of a rom file
You can copy those eom files and use any other emulator to play them

This was one of those adventure games where even when following a guide for a puzzle I still felt they were bullshit. I find it frustrating that some of my favorite stories in gaming (such as Grim Fandango's) are trapped behind such irritating game design. I think I would prefer if a lot of them were just animated movies.

So, like Telltale games? :)

I'm the opposite, I want the puzzles to be this challenging, and my interest in the genre has dwindled as developers have given up on making good and challenging puzzles.

Got bored with the first Dreamfall Chapters episode and haven't played the others yet, as I felt it pretty much solved itself,

Ugh, Sega didn't send me their MLNW code for the third pack. I knew I was going to get some trouble because they didn't accept the e-mail I used before so I used a gmail address and still nothing. =[

Wok

I got the Sega bundle #3, but on a new email that I specifically used to redeem the third bundle. I did not get anything on the email used for the second bundle.

Also, I cannot add the DLC to my account since I don't own the base game...

AHA-Lambda

I got the Sega bundle #3, but on a new email that I specifically used to redeem the third bundle. I did not get anything on the email used for the second bundle.

Also, I cannot add the DLC to my account since I don't own the base game...

Same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom