• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
Speaking of SFV anyway, for those who already have it, what are your FighterIDs? Or have people been using Dr Dogg's input thing and have a link to that? Either way.

Went with ExoSoul to facilitate searches =P
and because it wasn't taken yet
But from what I saw you can search by SteamID

Pachimari

They're great and since you're spanish you have them all translated in your mother tongue and it's one of the best translations to boot.
I'm not Spanish though. :(

I do plan on learning the language, after I have learned Tagalog someday.

---

It's incredible. Two years ago, GAF made me get into PC gaming. Last year, this place got me into TV shows. And now I'm about to head out and read through my first book since high school: A Song of Ice & Fire - A Game of Thrones.

Pachimari

Us who bought ARK from Humble Bundle Monthly, have we gotten any more games from that bundle yet?

[edit] Went to check, and there's 10 more days until they reveal the rest?

Umh, there could be several reason a member creates a giveaway with a specific rule. I mean, even the NOSENIOR rule exists and was used in the past. If someone will give away something, it's up to him/her decide how to handle the giveaway, since he/she bought the game in first place.

I understand why a person would use it, I just don't see excluding new people from fun stuff as a good thing for the community.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
gnF56e8.gif

Well, at least it's phonetically correct!

Us who bought ARK from Humble Bundle Monthly, have we gotten any more games from that bundle yet?

[edit] Went to check, and there's 10 more days until they reveal the rest?

Yeah, that's how it works. ARK was just an early unlock.

The rest are plopped down in one fell swoop.

I assume it's already been posted, but Humble Monthly subscribers now also get 10% off purchases in the Humble Store. They've had a few decent sales, so this might be good.

Sch1sm

Thank you!

All good Sch1sm, I'm glad that you have a sense of humor.

I wouldn't have entered anyways, I plan on picking it up on ps4. I just saw it wasn't claimed and wanted to throw what I thought the answer might be out there like I was watching Jeopardy or something.

Let me just pat myself on the back for having one. :p I've got it on ps4 myself. PSNID is in my bio here, if you're up for a game when you get it, FighterID is exactly the same. 😅

Went with ExoSoul to facilitate searches =P
and because it wasn't taken yet
But from what I saw you can search by SteamID

I'm a heathen who's on PS4 for it, but got it, got it. Add yourself to the list Hektor linked up there so everyone else can find you. :p

-------

Can we just talk about Ken's hair, though. What was Capcom thinking.

Pachimari

Wario says that FF games for PC are also on sale at GameStop.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/702147519430529024
Worth getting FFIV and The After Years at those prices? Have they been lower?

[edit] Oh way, I got them in my library already.

It's the March monthly bundle

Yeah, that's how it works. ARK was just an early unlock.

The rest are plopped down in one fell swoop.

I assume it's already been posted, but Humble Monthly subscribers now also get 10% off purchases in the Humble Store. They've had a few decent sales, so this might be good.

Thank you guys!

Ludens

Banned
FFIIV AY is good, I liked it a lot except for those things:

-the game randomly crashes. I couldn't avoid a crash after ending the game, so I have no NG+ option nor achievements for completing the game (the game autosaves right after you beat the last boss)
-there are some dungeons....let's say you will do the same dungeon five times.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I understand why a person would use it, I just don't see excluding new people from fun stuff as a good thing for the community.

Speaking ill of people and creating drama is also not a good thing for the community.

Let's move on, please.

Sch1sm

Why are you peeps arguing about giveaway rules?

Bananas.

I assume because people are taking William seriously when he's already said he's buying the game he couldn't enter for on PS4. I see his point, personally, but I think this is all stupid.

Playing survival as Ken is just a trip because I keep staring at it. They may as well revert to his SFIV self or at least get him a decent do. Watch it be DLC - change Ken's hair style for $1.19!

Tizoc

I assume because people are taking William seriously when he's already said he's buying the game he couldn't enter for on PS4. I see his point, personally, but I think this is all stupid.

Playing survival as Ken is just a trip because I keep staring at it. They may as well revert to his SFIV self or at least get him a decent do. Watch it be DLC - change Ken's hair style for $1.19!

It already is. Not that hair DLC had not been done before.

Messiah

You mean like this?

:v

Okay. Like I said above, I would rather have my fighters on console. Also, I just don't like seeing the NOJUNIORS rule as a junior that has given away over 20 games here, sorry.
Gaf is a big place. Every now and then it's natural to come across a poster you might not agree with or dislike posting style. Nothing wrong with that but it's most advised to take such matters in PMs as the nature of a closed discussion ought to lead to a more calm and collected discourse, and solve most issues quick and clean. I doubt Schism meant ill with the rule, don't take it personal. Everyone was a junior at one point, it's usually a brief period. As for frost, he was more joking about the pretty ambiguous trivia question rather than making light of your member status I believe. You ought to feel actually more inclined to make friends with him, seeing your generosity this early on at 20 games given should fit well with frost's close to a thousand ;)
We live, we learn and I'm glad to see you did. Let's get along well here and make a pleasant community.

When can I change Ryu's hair back to it's normal color? :3

Seriously though... did Capcom ever actually "explain" why Ryu suddenly went from ginger to brunette?

ae1392be5c44c312f79488dc9a5b7d0c.jpg

I mean, they throw back to it from time to time, but even when they did the "alpha" stuff, he didn't go back to being a ginger... and I thought alpha occurred before any of the SF numbered entries.

Oh, ok.
Crazy that it's already over 3 minutes after it was posted on reddit, though.
I thought for a moment there you were talking about Woodle Tree Adventures...now that is a scary thought.

Voxelized Free http://store.steampowered.com/app/344040/ (no cost, gives cards)
Gives XP too.

On a related note...If a game used to have a price and is now free it drops cards/gives XP. The only way for games that are always free to drop cards is if you redeem using a steam key (e.g. Relic Hunters Zero using the free key from Nuuvem) or if they are f2p and you spend money.

I'll make a ModBot only raffle...and when ModBot attempts to PM ModBot it will open up a split in the space-time continuum
That reminds me of a time when Modbot won a raffle. I don't know if it got re-rolled or anything like that but it was odd to see.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-BD5F25F8D8600A8D - Taken by Endruen. 3 entrants total.

t1456255685z1.png

Guess who was born today?

Backlogger

Guess who was born today?

My Daughter turned 4 today. How did you know?

Also, great deal on RotTR and the Season Pass at GameStop! Esp. if you plan to play it right away. I really enjoyed it and paid $20 in the BST thread. I jumped on the DLC deal so I can play the 1-2 extra story missions (I'm pretty sure there is at least one).

One thing I really love about PC gaming other than usually cheaper games is cheaper DLC and Season Passes. That crap never goes on sale for consoles and if it does its never for very much.

madjoki

On a related note...If a game used to have a price and is now free it drops cards/gives XP. The only way for games that are always free to drop cards is if you redeem using a steam key (e.g. Relic Hunters Zero using the free key from Nuuvem) or if they are f2p and you spend money.

Looks like they disabled drops. It uses same sub as keys, so same would go with keys.

Relic Hunters Zero is special case.

That reminds me of a time when Modbot won a raffle. I don't know if it got re-rolled or anything like that but it was odd to see.

It was related to failing to edit post on trash-giveaways, since modbot is marked as winner. It later retries and edits Modbot as winner.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gives XP too.

Thanks for the heads-up on the +1 for RHZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom