• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I played some Street Fighter 5 over the weekend
on PS4
. I typically only play fighting games for the story mode, so I'm glad I only rented it for a day. Once you're done with that... there isn't much else to do, really. I attempted an online match and it took about 12 minutes to find an opponent (any platform, any connection speed, defaults, etc) so that's pretty troubling.

I think I saw somewhere that they're releasing the "full, expanded" story later on this year, so I'll probably pick it up again after that happens.

Ken is the only matchup I can consistently beat mostly due to 90% of my matches being against him though :v

I would if you lived closer to me :(
So you say!

Maybe they will fix the net code at some point.
Violent Ken comes pretty close to a white afro in some of the artwork. Perhaps we can get a Violent Ken DLC character (or an alt)?
I don't know if Capcom even talks about Violent Ken anymore.
No it's not my birthday. The right answer is Georg Friedrich Händel.
I did say to whom it concerns o3o.

Edit: Happy birthday to Backlogger's little girl!

Sch1sm

If I do another give away you will have to have video evidence of you playing games.

=3.

German salt mines are prevalent today.

Then everyone would know I'm not Jesus.

Guess who was born today?

Happy birthday!

Ken is the only matchup I can consistently beat mostly due to 90% of my matches being against him though :v

I would if you lived closer to me :(

We can fight like normal nerds do. On games. I'm free almost all tomorrow. I won't play as Ken, though, or Ryu. I've been messing around with Nash, Rashid, and Karin. Almost sad I never bothered with Nash in prior games, really like the way he plays.

I think I saw somewhere that they're releasing the "full, expanded" story later on this year, so I'll probably pick it up again after that happens.

June. Maybe the summer sale will even have a sale for you.

Accoun

True.
I don't even own SF5 yet, still waiting for Ibuki.
Best girl.

I want Sakura back. And Poison. Although if I played SF5, I'd probably try Karin.
But I don't really like SF that much, so I probably won't. I'm mostly a Tekken/VF/Guilty Gear person.

Messiah

We can fight like normal nerds do. On games. I'm free almost all tomorrow. I won't play as Ken, though, or Ryu. I've been messing around with Nash, Rashid, and Karin. Almost sad I never bothered with Nash in prior games, really like the way he plays.

Oh, I was talking about ingame. I am afraid it will be laggy as all hell. Or are you located on the east coast? Then it might work.

Nash got a completely new moveset for the game. He was just Guile before.

Sch1sm

Oh, I was talking about ingame. I am afraid it will be laggy as all hell. Or are you located on the east coast? Then it might work.

Yeah, I'm the equivalent of east coast America. Not Canada, though.

E: And I know about that, so I when I played his story and kept seeing Guile I couldn't help but laugh.

I believe Schizzy is on East Coast. Even more east than me since they are in EST.

Is the lobby thing fixed?
I want Sakura back. And Poison. Although if I played SF5, I'd probably try Karin.
But I don't really like SF that much, so I probably won't. I'm mostly a Tekken/VF/Guilty Gear person.
I want Sakura since you can't have Karin without Sakura imo.

Also I am with you in that spoiler. As it stands I like 3 games.

Sorry all, I didn't mean to get everyone up in arms. It kind of got blown out of proprotion.

I missed my mark completely it seems and took frost a little more personal than I should have. He's not on ignore.

Ludens

Banned
Now you should be able to answer, but there are still two possibilities.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ruzh Delta Z -- MB-BD5F25F8D8600A8D - Taken by Endruen. 3 entrants total. Trivia Question: Guess who was born today?

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Ruzh Delta Z was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1456257245z1.png
Re-enter the giveaway because I updated the rules.

What happened to him?

Hmmm, he's still around occasionally... since I took to posting a bit more regularly in recent weeks, I swear I saw him post a review or two like he usually does... if not here, then definitely on Steam. But I swear I saw it here too.

Now you should be able to answer, but there are still two possibilities. Re- e
Re-enter the giveaway because I updated the rules.

That Italy Internet is totally as bad as you said it was. I can see it now.

Sch1sm

Or not. Trivia is not in my favour:

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Street Fighter V -- MB-BE2CBC6FE84CD895

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Street Fighter V was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1456258145z1.png

E: If this one doesn't work, I'm going to auction off Street Fighter V to the best MS Paint drawing of Ken doing a shoryuken.

Hmmm, he's still around occasionally... since I took to posting a bit more regularly in recent weeks, I swear I saw him post a review or two like he usually does... if not here, then definitely on Steam. But I swear I saw it here too.

That Italy Internet is totally as bad as you said it was. I can see it now.

He has some personal things to get sorted out. Hopefully he returns to us soon. Such an awesome guy.

He pops in here once in awhile. In other thread as well.

Good to know he's still around, he is a nice person and a great member

Balthuk

So I'm about to go into the meat circus part of psychonauts. I have heard a LOT of bad stuff about it but I have installed a patch that is supposed to make it better. Wish me luck.
Enjoying the game a lot so far, refreshingly funny stuff

I was going to get FF4: After Years from the Gamestop SE sale, but it looks like almost all of the additional content was removed from the PSP version.

-No challenge dungeons
-No cameo bosses
-A huge chunk of the final dungeon is just gone
-The developer's office (a secret area) is also gone
-No optional superboss

I was ready to stomach the crappy frame-rate too...
What a shame.

Nzyme32

Outrider is shit. I thought it was another game that looks remarkably similar that I was actually looking forward too, but thankfully this seems like some kind of poor aesthetically similar / copy of that.

The game that I was thinking of is Power Drive 2000. That is still in development, but I hope that turns out well.

Pachimari

I decided to download a sample of The Witcher book 1: The Last Wish, and have read the first two chapters so far, and I really like it. I have to look up a ton of words to understand what is being described which is unfortunate, and which also means, that I probably have to read it through on Kindle (on iPhone, welp).

But I'm pretty sure I'm picking up the physical book, if the next three chapters are good as well.

I just don't understand the whole princess being a striga. Which means that she doesn't have legs but is instead rooted as a plant?

r3n4ud

Outrider is shit. I thought it was another game that looks remarkably similar that I was actually looking forward too, but thankfully this seems like some kind of poor aesthetically similar / copy of that.

The game that I was thinking of is Power Drive 2000. That is still in development, but I hope that turns out well.
That bad? Was going to pick it up :(

Dsyndrome

I decided to download a sample of The Witcher book 1: The Last Wish, and have read the first two chapters so far, and I really like it. I have to look up a ton of words to understand what is being described which is unfortunate, and which also means, that I probably have to read it through on Kindle (on iPhone, welp).

But I'm pretty sure I'm picking up the physical book, if the next three chapters are good as well.

I just don't understand the whole princess being a striga. Which means that she doesn't have legs but is instead rooted as a plant?
I think it's a curse due to Foltest's misdeeds, she had legs in the striga representation in the first game, but I don't know how faithful it is to the original text.

Bigby

But she is described as a striga, so I am imagining her coming out of a plant as her root.

Striga as a monster. From Wikipedia: In Romanian mythology, strigoi (English: striga, poltergeist) are the troubled souls of the dead rising from the grave.

Watch the first Witcher intro.

BorntoPlay

Or not. Trivia is not in my favour:

E: If this one doesn't work, I'm going to auction off Street Fighter V to the best MS Paint drawing of Ken doing a shoryuken.

What was the answer for: "Who's the most beautiful fighter of the franchise?", I need to know....XD

Nzyme32

That bad? Was going to pick it up :(

I got the name wrong - it's Outdrive (not outrider), but yeah it's pretty poor in my opinion. There is a Jimquisition type thing on it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlsCqggNQ8E

The one that I think has great potential is Power Drive 2000 - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1420158244/power-drive-2000/description
There is a more classic looking one called Drift Stage - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage

There is another Outrun kind of game that seem to have potential called Slipstream - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/noctet/slipstream

Confusing to remember them all!

So I'm about to go into the meat circus part of psychonauts. I have heard a LOT of bad stuff about it but I have installed a patch that is supposed to make it better. Wish me luck.
Enjoying the game a lot so far, refreshingly funny stuff

Yeah, they balanced it a bit some years of the initial release. Never thought it was that bad, but maybe that's because the last level/quest/mission/encounter in pretty much all games sucks, so I didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary.

Pachimari

Striga as a monster. From Wikipedia: In Romanian mythology, strigoi (English: striga, poltergeist) are the troubled souls of the dead rising from the grave.

Watch the first Witcher intro.

I see what you're saying now. Never heard of striga the plant until now.
Wikipedia - Striga
They're talking about strigoi, also known as striga in some dialects.
Wikipedia - Strigoi

Ahh, that's why I got confused. Because the Kindle dictionary read like: "Striga, not to be confused with Strigoi..." and then I just assumed it wasn't a strigoi but rather a striga as written in the novel.

[edit] Checked out the Witcher 1 intro and now I have a much better picture of the princess/striga. Thanks a bunch! I can keep reading.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.7Ghz or AMD FX 6-core
Memory: 8 GB RAM (2 GB VRAM)
Graphics: Geforce GTX 650 Ti or Radeon R7 260x
Hard Drive: 60 GB available space
DirectX 12

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR 1920X1080P
Processor: Intel Core i5 @3.5GHz+ or AMD FX 8-core
Memory: 16 GB RAM (4 GB VRAM)
Graphics: GeForce GTX 970 or Radeon R9 290X
Hard Drive: 60 GB available space
DirectX 12

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR 4K
Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 4Ghz or AMD FX 8-core
Memory: 16 GB RAM (6+ GB VRAM)
Graphics: Geforce GTX 980 Ti or Radeon R9 390X
Hard Drive: SSD + 60 GB available space
DirectX 12

r3n4ud

I got the name wrong - it's Outdrive (not outrider), but yeah it's pretty poor in my opinion. There is a Jimquisition type thing on it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlsCqggNQ8E

The one that I think has great potential is Power Drive 2000 - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1420158244/power-drive-2000/description
There is a more classic looking one called Drift Stage - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910344764/drift-stage

There is another Outrun kind of game that seem to have potential called Slipstream - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/noctet/slipstream

Confusing to remember them all!
Damn nice aesthetics. Gameplay looks rather dull though :/

Have high hopes for Power Drive. Hopefully it turns out great. Love these types of racers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom