• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Happy Birday Crazy Rabbey

i don't think the formula needs to change so much, they just need good writing and kind of better controls. if the engine didn't constantly erase ppl's saves i'd say there's not all that much to complain about it either (tho it is annoying for sure)

like tales from the boredlands totally made me a telltale believer, you can see in that game that the telltale formula + good writing and direction just works really well

it's why i liked it a lot more than life is strange, lis handled much better and looked great and was super polished in those aspects but the writing fell apart way too often and the "season" doesn't really pay off in the end as much as it should at least

But just playing somewhat interactive tvshows just gets stale. The games consist solely of two things, decisions and QTE's.

The decisions already lost their impact (For me) because i know they ultimately won't matter, due to my past experience with Telltale games.

And if we're talking about QTE's (which i never really found to be that interesting) then this game looks like it's coming from the past century compared to games like Asuras Wrath and Naruto Storm 4.

The formular could need some good shake ups and it wouldn't even be very hard. You could corporate this telltale kind of thing into virtually every genre.

Shooters, Racing Games, Fighting games, you can implement that telltale thing into everything. Imagine a Rocky game, working like your usually telltale adventure, but with an actual combat system for the boxing parts of the story every now and then.

Or how borderlans tried to do it at one moment and implementing a shooting passage. That would make the games feel a lot more different than now, where all games feel the same with a different color of paint.

And for that you also would have to develop a new engine, because the current one absolutely wouldn't work for that. Like said, they tried to go for a shooter segment in Borderlands and it absolutely didn't work because they did it through their QTE overlay thingy, which made the segment not very fun.

yuraya

Humble redeeming themselves after that awful bundle with a new bundle out of nowhere :D

Also I now have 2 horror games I don't want to play in my backlog. Outlast and Condemned.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for bodyboarder:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bodyboarder, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Make love not war bundle -- MB-B47958E4BEF75F3B - Taken by Accoun

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Make love not war bundle was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

FLD

Hmm, really tempted to get that Humble for Sunless Sea and Else Heart.Break(). Think I'll wait to see if the average drops a bit. Would be nice if one of the bonus games was the Outlast DLC.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bodyboarder:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bodyboarder, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel junk Eden -- MB-FE8425035159303C - Taken by Regginator. 1 entrants total.

t1456235464z1.png

Hmm, really tempted to get that Humble for Sunless Sea and Else Heart.Break(). Think I'll wait to see if the average drops a bit. Would be nice if one of the bonus games was the Outlast DLC.

Doubt it, since the bundle gives you a coupon for 80% off the Outlast DLC. That'd cause a bunch of DIS-BEAR, right Tizoc?

I hope next week's games are better in that bundle. Not interested in anything there.

It's about the only way I'll be grabbing it. At least if better means "I don't own it and it looks interesting for the BTA or BTA+$2 price as a charitable donation."

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-AB30A6358716C023 - Taken by freshVeggie. 6 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-1A5D3A7C428C8815 - Taken by Dragon1893. 4 entrants total.
Door Kickers -- MB-D9566F579EE240F9 - Taken by Shalashaska. 15 entrants total.

t1456264146z1.png

Wok

Cross-posting because I think it is another advantage for subscribers.

If I understand correctly, the $1 tier is basically free for Humble Monthly subscribers: the 10% coupon offered with the bundle applies to the next subscription payment.

Ozium

legit upset that I bought never alone and idled it and now cant refund it

and I wasnt even going to idle it but I forgot to blacklist it and fell asleep

:(

this bundle is trash

rtcn63

Always found it odd that the antagonist of Dead Space 3 is Elton John. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" was playing throughout the entire intro city section.

I need some advice. My son wants to buy a pair of comfortable fairly decent over the ear head phones for his pc. He does not want a mic or anything with a fancy amp. His budget is $30. Any suggestions?

Eila

legit upset that I bought never alone and idled it and now cant refund it

and I wasnt even going to idle it but I forgot to blacklist it and fell asleep

:(

this bundle is trash

My advice is never buy anything as there is a chance it might go free someday.

I need some advice. My son wants to buy a pair of comfortable fairly decent over the ear head phones for his pc. He does not want a mic or anything with a fancy amp. His budget is $30. Any suggestions?

Look for a deal on some Koss PortaPro's, they cost like $40 normally and are great, I've been using them for a few years and they has great sound and are really comfortable.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00001P4ZH/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Amazon's got them for $36 at the moment.

soon

Receive these SteamVR titles free when you purchase Vive while supplies last
With hardware out of the way, let’s talk software. Because really, it’s all about the games. Check out these Vive launch titles and more, coming soon to SteamVR.
Pre-purchase these SteamVR titles and be ready to play when your Vive arrives
#Store_VR_VivePromo_Page_PreOrder_Action

It's happening

Salsa

idk about Rocket League's report function man

this one brazilian dude has been insulting me and saying whatever racist homophobic shit he wants during whole games

I reported him three times. I basically said to him last game "you know you can report people now right? enjoy your ban I guess"

sends me this

kbNBTdz.png

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID CHILD"

and now he's straight up mocking the fact that nothing will happen on Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059724681/

muFZDao.png

what a fucking toxic piece of shit

idk about Rocket League's report function man

this one brazilian dude has been insulting me and saying whatever racist homophobic shit he wants during whole games

I reported him three times. I basically said to him last game "you know you can report people now right? enjoy your ban I guess"

sends me this

kbNBTdz.png

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID CHILD"

and now he's straight up mocking the fact that nothing will happen on Steam

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059724681/

muFZDao.png

what a fucking toxic piece of shit

Seems he is only playing casual scrub games like Rocket League.

Doomedfool

I only owned Outlast and Retro City in this bundle, so pretty easy to jump in at tier 3. Got it at $8 as it's slowly creeping up. Not enough ppl grabbing the dollar tier it seems :p

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Back from the Dark Souls III event in Hamburg, where I played the game for 3-4 hours. Impressions coming when the embargo lifts!

Parsnip

The Matador.
The Claw.
The Beautiful.

Vega.

E: I should say I'm in no way attracted to Vega and if I chose subjectively rather than canonically, it'd have probably been Cammy or Ibuki*

*I'm still not sexually attracted to a Street Fighter character, let me just say that, too.

What happened with that trivia raffle then? Did it break somehow?

I don't know what is wrong but it seems it is only me who didin't get the email with War Bundle 3. All of muy freinds got it and even got spare ones but not even one for me. If anyone ahs a spare key for it it would be very nice from him to let me join the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom