• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

Man that's a great bundle. Didn't have any of the games and three were on my wishlist so I threw in $20. Sorry for raising the average $.01 or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
peeps be scared of NecNec, rage quitting and shit ;_;

ArjanN

peeps be scared of NecNec, rage quitting and shit ;_;

Nah, they're just salty or trying to scum their way up the leaderboard because I get them playing as Mika too. I'd probably be madder about it if I didn't realize they are just lying to themselves, and ultimately also just making the game less fun for themselves.

Parsnip

Ehj195l.jpg

?!

Oh right, missed that. Oh well, at least it's a pretty good discount.

True. I wish they'd discount it on PSN or something since they gave the game out free... I'd rather not play in two places if possible... that is, unless the whistleblower is entirely seperate standalone stuff and then I guess it doesn't matter and I can just play it on separate platforms.

legit upset that I bought never alone and idled it and now cant refund it

and I wasnt even going to idle it but I forgot to blacklist it and fell asleep

:(

this bundle is trash

1) You should play it. It's short, and it's mostly worthwhile. I think they supposedly patched some of the issues I had with the platforming in some of the middle/late levels.

2) You bought it in the last two weeks? If so, that sucks. Given your normal policy for not idling games immediately, I'm surprised you idled it. :\

Seems he is only playing casual scrub games like Rocket League.

Hahahaha. I like the cut of your jib, sir.

Side note: Salsa, what's up with the translation -- I'm definitely not fluent in your language, but merde is usually "shit" isn't it?

Football part of SteamGAF is silent tonight XD

Why wouldn't we be? The Super Bowl was two weeks ago. Football season is done until the draft.

Kinda weird that they didn't bundle them together like the other series then.

They're standalone episodes? This is news to me.
I was under the impression they were just talking about "Episode 1 of X" for the episodic release of this side story.

Parsnip

Huh, I actually own Colonies edition of Lost Planet. Of course it has to be the one with g4wl, damn it. Still, I should play it sometime. Contemplating on just buying the other one and hiding the g4wl version from library.

Capcom should just give the other version to everyone who owns either of them. And port the Colonies Edition extra nonsense to the other version.
Do me a solid Capcom.

Huh, I actually own Colonies edition of Lost Planet. Of course it has to be the one with g4wl, damn it. Still, I should play it sometime. Contemplating on just buying the other one and hiding the g4wl version from library.

Capcom should just give the other version to everyone who owns either of them. And port the Colonies Edition extra nonsense to the other version.
Do me a solid Capcom.

Just as you need to wait beyond may for Ibuki in SFV, you're gonna have to wait on that request until Capcom ports SFxT to Steamworks. Thanks for being a good citizen and understanding. ;)

There are 3 monthly episodes, this is just episode 1.

So is the next one still Michonne or is it a different side story?

I wonder if the Colonies edition of Lost Planet having GFWL is the reason the original version of the game is on sale. Usually Capcom stops discounting older games on Steam when a new version is released. I've been hoping they would accidentally discount vanilla SF4 for a while just so I could have it in my collection.

Nzyme32

990 games on Steam...

I suppose I should just resign myself to the last 10 games being animu or something so I truly become a SteamGAFer

Ventara

Hey guys, does Humble Bundle still have that thing where if you buy the $1 tier, you "lock in" the price of the BTA and can upgrade by paying the difference?

Kinda want the bundle, but I don't feel Trine 3 and Doorkickers are worth $5, but tier 2 might become worth it after they add more games.

AHA-Lambda

Walking Dead Michonne is a 3 part series and works like any other series, buy now get all the episodes. The other 2 are coming March and April.

When i said it was short it's cos the first episode is a little over an hour long.

zkylon

zkylewd
But just playing somewhat interactive tvshows just gets stale. The games consist solely of two things, decisions and QTE's.

The decisions already lost their impact (For me) because i know they ultimately won't matter, due to my past experience with Telltale games.
idk about that (HUGE twd season 1 spoilers)

there's always tension between authorial intent and player freedom in these types of games and i think these games let you explore some decisionmaking in the context of what the game's trying to say. my issues with the walking dead game come from somewhere else entirely, not from the game sometimes killing the guy i just saved, but from being very manipulative about that sort of stuff and just being often morbid and unpleasant and shock valueish.

tales from the boredlands is free from all that ugly stuff so that's why i like it a whole lot more

And if we're talking about QTE's (which i never really found to be that interesting) then this game looks like it's coming from the past century compared to games like Asuras Wrath and Naruto Storm 4.
no one likes qtes, but i find them harmless for the most part and they add a tiny bit of a divergence that sometimes turns out feeling good. like maybe your character doesn't quite stick the landing and now they're limping, that sort of thing

i don't have an issue with it

The formular could need some good shake ups and it wouldn't even be very hard. You could corporate this telltale kind of thing into virtually every genre.

Shooters, Racing Games, Fighting games, you can implement that telltale thing into everything. Imagine a Rocky game, working like your usually telltale adventure, but with an actual combat system for the boxing parts of the story every now and then.
ehh i'm not so sure

telltale is a small indie developer with limited resources that are clearly very much allocated in writers and asset creation. there's no army of coders and designers here to create complex systems and whatnot. it's out of scope probably for telltale, would probably feel mini-gamey or underdeveloped and like, it's just weird and unnecessary

your rocky game example is not really appealing to me. like, i'm not so much into rocky but i like the wrestler a whole lot and i love the human side of that story and how those characters interact with each other. that's the focus of what i'm interested in and what i wanna see, i don't want to be distracted by a thing with a huge GAME sign in-between story sections or whatever. i don't think that's a great idea, really.

like, until dawn did pretty great without turning into a survival horror game, i don't think this is a thing that needs to happen

Or how borderlans tried to do it at one moment and implementing a shooting passage. That would make the games feel a lot more different than now, where all games feel the same with a different color of paint.

And for that you also would have to develop a new engine, because the current one absolutely wouldn't work for that. Like said, they tried to go for a shooter segment in Borderlands and it absolutely didn't work because they did it through their QTE overlay thingy, which made the segment not very fun.
i mean, ultimately i want telltale to tell me a story, if tales from the boredlands was anything at all like boredlands i wouldn't like it, so i'm glad they don't. i got really scared the game was gonna have some shooting or gun collecting elements but fortunately it's a telltale ass telltale game

i do agree that the controls in that game suck and like, just replace them with life is strange controls and stop deleting our saves and maybe download all episodes at once instead of making me download each individually

that's all i want, really, tell me great stories and i'll be happy

Hey guys, does Humble Bundle still have that thing where if you buy the $1 tier, you "lock in" the price of the BTA and can upgrade by paying the difference?

Kinda want the bundle, but I don't feel Trine 3 and Doorkickers are worth $5, but tier 2 might become worth it after they add more games.

Yes, if you pay $1, you'll be locked to whatever the BTA price is when you begin the checkout process, and can upgrade the difference later.

Doomedfool

I don't know what is wrong but it seems it is only me who didin't get the email with War Bundle 3. All of muy freinds got it and even got spare ones but not even one for me. If anyone ahs a spare key for it it would be very nice from him to let me join the party.

If it makes you feel better, it's not just you. I got the games from the first two things no problem. I even got the email for the dow II dlc thing yesterday, but I haven't received anything on the last set of games.

So, even though I have no artistic talent nor experience, I got my trusty Note 3 and started scribbling a Ken doing a Shoryuken. Left was my template I looked at (very obviously haha) and on the right my painting.
I am way more happy with how it turned out. Folks who have some talent in drawing and sketching are probably gouging their eyes out this very moment but even though I saw it not looking too hot while sketching, I had a lot of fun trying out different pencil types, colors and techniques (the shadows and even the coloring I hadn't planned at first). Painting can be real fun. So, here ya go Sch1sm.

Sarcasm

So is there a way to gift the OL coupon?

ModBot said:
Instructions for GAF:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-604E57AA8C5A4F32 - Taken by Mikurden. 8 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-C7CDB7865B9CCFD3 - Taken by Sch1sm. 8 entrants total.

t1456282206z1.png

Adnor

Banned
So, even though I have no artistic talent nor experience, I got my trusty Note 3 and started scribbling a Ken doing a Shoryuken. Left was my template I looked at (very obviously haha) and on the right my painting.

I am way more happy with how it turned out. Folks who have some talent in drawing and sketching are probably gouging their eyes out this very moment but even though I saw it not looking too hot while sketching, I had a lot of fun trying out different pencil types, colors and techniques (the shadows and even the coloring I hadn't planned at first). Painting can be real fun. So, here ya go Sch1sm.

Better than some professional artists.

Plasmid

So im trying to install Rise of the Tomb Raider on steam.

My folder is 18.7GB, i downloaded it at university on a flash drive and transferred it. i know 100% the file was done downloading and completely transferred over.

Now im trying to install it on my SSD and EVERY TIME it tries to redownload the entire game on steam. Why is this happening? Did i do something wrong or what? i've done this method with plenty of steam games and it worked fine.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-C76B03057B4C1DCA - Taken by yoshizzle. 2 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-EC9B4881E115664F - Taken by Costa1774. 4 entrants total.
Door Kickers -- MB-AD435B79041D08E5 - Taken by fspm. 7 entrants total.
Sunless Sea -- MB-BB14CC2EE3956409 - Taken by Avinexus. 10 entrants total.

t1456272666z1.png

multientry, I remembered >_>

Avinexus

Yes, if you pay $1, you'll be locked to whatever the BTA price is when you begin the checkout process, and can upgrade the difference later.

You wouldn't happen to know where I can see my locked in price? I got the $1 tier for now as I look into the other games and tired to find how much I would have to pay to upgrade but can't find it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You wouldn't happen to know where I can see my locked in price? I got the $1 tier for now as I look into the other games and tired to find how much I would have to pay to upgrade but can't find it.

I think starting a few weeks ago they actually stopped doing this.

If it makes you feel better, it's not just you. I got the games from the first two things no problem. I even got the email for the dow II dlc thing yesterday, but I haven't received anything on the last set of games.

It doesn't make me feel better if someone else has the same problems as me. :(
I hope we get the keys even late. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom