• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'll be staying away from modding until most bugs are fixed, don't want mods to break the game in the patching process, saves wouldn't work even if a mod is disabled.

oh like

i meant making my own mod

unreal engine is like

super annoying

tho tbh i'm not used to big 3d engines so it's prolly my fault for being a big dumbo

Balthuk

So that humble bundle seems to hit all the right spots for me, want to try most of the games there. Should I wait for the average to drop a bit? Shouldn't the average rise when more games are announced?
Plus here is sega bundle #3 since sega mailed me 2 codes

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Balthuk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Make War Not Love 3 -- MB-6CF428085D6316DB - Taken by Xanathus

Sch1sm

So that humble bundle seems to hit all the right spots for me, want to try most of the games there. Should I wait for the average to drop a bit? Shouldn't the average rise when more games are announced?
Plus here is sega bundle #3 since sega mailed me 2 codes

It probably won't go all that far down even if it does miraculously. Couple cents. Buy now.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Street Fighter V -- MB-49776C754F8D657A - Taken by Shalashaska. 35 entrants total.

t1456286946z1.png

If this doesn't work, someone here must be praying for your failures. God doesn't want you to play Street Fighter V until the net code is worked out and the story is all in order. But, I'm nothing if not persistent. Third time's the charm, maybe. I apologize for all the issues, honestly. Whoever gets the key, remove the ampersand at the end of it.

Lomax

I don't know what is wrong but it seems it is only me who didin't get the email with War Bundle 3. All of muy freinds got it and even got spare ones but not even one for me. If anyone ahs a spare key for it it would be very nice from him to let me join the party.

I didn't get one either. Still hoping for another wave since they did say it could be a few days.

If this doesn't work, someone here must be praying for your failures. God doesn't want you to play Street Fighter V until the net code is worked out and the story is all in order. But, I'm nothing if not persistent. Third time's the charm, maybe. I apologize for all the issues, honestly. Whoever gets the key, remove the ampersand at the end of it.

If for some reason this fails, I think you should do the logical thing...and gift it to me. =P

Red Hood

Banned
Is there a way to add some Humble Bundle games to my Steam inventory? I remember it being possible if it was a gift, but it doesn't work (any more). I could've swear it was possible at some point. Or am I overlooking something?

Is there a way to add some Humble Bundle games to my Steam inventory? I remember it being possible if it was a gift, but it doesn't work (any more). I could've swear it was possible at some point. Or am I overlooking something?

Only games bought from the Steam Store can be added to your inventory (some 4packs bought elsewhere give you extra copies, but that's all as far as I know)

I got fat off pasta and cake, and then had a group of servers sing "That's Amore" to me.

It was a good night. Many thanks for the birthday wishes, everyone.

Alright boys and girls, now is your chance at a shot of being the Ultimate Lucky (Cheap) GAFfer and win a copy of DanganRonpa!

Now hopefully you didn't enter for ALL of those codes, cuz that would disqualify you from the raffle, and you won't win the code~

And if it hasn't been obvious yet: there is only 1, uno, singular copy of DanganRonpa, that means 5 of those aren't the game!

What do the other choices have you ask?
Well none of them contain Bad Rats, or Secret of the Magic Crystals. Surely not a Barbie game, or Batman Arkham Kiwi, and thankfully not Fallout 4 or even its Season Pass.
No, the other 5 choices
Contain
NOTHING
AT
ALL

All the other 5 'lucky' entrants get is their usernames brandished for all of SteamGAF to see and ridicule.

So whose Hope will earn them the Lucky code, and whose Hope will lead them to utter DESPAIR?
Enter and find out~

What's that? Why do I do this?
Simple
pic_0124_zpse872b5cb.png

Oh yeah, to the Ultimate Lucky Winner, if you have trouble redeeming the code, let me know and I'll fix it for you.

You S.O.B.!

Afaik there was no Steamworks transition, it was always like this. The older version is from before Capcom jumped on to the G4WL train.
I think.

Yeah, pretty much. By the time MS started pushing GFWL and trying to get it to be a thing, Colonies was released as a sort of Director's Cut/GOTY/whatever edition and they decided to use that as the version to put out on GFWL.

Trust Capcpom to get it right the first time and then go and fuck it up the next time around by choosing a sinking platform. The release date for the Colonies was apparently 2010. GFWL was mostly dead and buried by then right?

Not even close.

I didn't really start PC gaming (in the sense of actually having a PC capable of running the stuff I was buying during Steam sales) until the end of 2013. That's when I started posting in SteamGAF. And it was after that the GFWL shutdown stuff was announced and started happening. Googling it, I see some references to it in 2013, but if it were mostly dead and buried, Capcom and other companies wouldn't have been releasing games with GFWL in them through the beginning of 2013.

It probably won't go all that far down even if it does miraculously. Couple cents. Buy now.

It's gone up since I was talking to NingenJanai about it. It was about $6.08 then, so it's gone up by $0.10 in the few hours since then.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Sarcasm, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-604E57AA8C5A4F32 - Taken by Mikurden. 8 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-C7CDB7865B9CCFD3 - Taken by Sch1sm. 8 entrants total.

t1456282206z1.png

Teggy

Well screw Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood. I finished the really long 4th to last mission but couldn't move to the next mission because a damn NPC is stuck on a sidewalk. If I load from a checkpoint he's still stuck. I'm not playing that whole mission again to find out he gets stuck on the sidewalk again. And there is no cheat code to unlock all the chapters.

So frustrating. Can't even count it toward 52 games for the year.

EDIT: wait, this is Road to Hill 30, not Earned in Blood. I may have a way to do it.

zkylon

zkylewd
Well screw Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood. I finished the really long 4th to last mission but couldn't move to the next mission because a damn NPC is stuck on a sidewalk. If I load from a checkpoint he's still stuck. I'm not playing that whole mission again to find out he gets stuck on the sidewalk again. And there is no cheat code to unlock all the chapters.

So frustrating. Can't even count it toward 52 games for the year.

EDIT: wait, this is Road to Hill 30, not Earned in Blood. I may have a way to do it.
weird, never had issues like that

also those games are awesome, i played them all again not so long ago and i think they hold up pretty well, the story and characters specially but the combat's actually pretty fun and everything

but yeah it's from an age before checkpoints, at least rth30 and eib

rtcn63

Oh well I think Dead Space 3 just fucked me.
If you complete the first side mission and leave the Greely, you can't ever return without redoing the chapter. This is a problem because on harder difficulties (I'm playing on Impossible), you don't get enough tungsten to make a torque bar by this point, which is needed to open one of the doors and access weapon parts. At least, not without looking up a secret source of tungsten beforehand.

This is absolutely terrible game design.

If you complete the first side mission and leave the Greely, you can't ever return without redoing the chapter. This is a problem because on harder difficulties, you don't get enough tungsten to make a torque bar, which is needed to open one of the doors and access weapon parts. At least, not without looking up a secret source of tungsten beforehand.

All I'm seeing is excuses.

and bad game design

If you complete the first side mission and leave the Greely, you can't ever return without redoing the chapter. This is a problem because on harder difficulties, you don't get enough tungsten to make a torque bar, which is needed to open one of the doors and access weapon parts. At least, not without looking up a secret source of tungsten beforehand.

Hmmm, I don't recall having that issue at all. Then again, I searched everywhere for everything I could find before leaving an area and always made sure to have at least one torque bar.

The game is a bit fuzzy in my head, but I seem to remember that as long as you're still in the third or so chapter, until you hit an obvious point of no return, you can eventually make it back to everywhere and get everything else...

and bad game design

Not directed solely at you, but since when does "good game design" mean you can always get everything in multiple ways? Sometimes things are secret. Sometimes things are missable. Sometimes things require backtracking at a later time. I wouldn't personally call what rtcn63 is irritated about "bad game design".

rtcn63

Hmmm, I don't recall having that issue at all. Then again, I searched everywhere for everything I could find before leaving an area and always made sure to have at least one torque bar.

On normal difficulty, you get 20 tungsten at the end of the mission, which is exactly enough to make a torque bar. On Impossible, you get 17 tungsten. Apparently there's a secret stash if you shot a deer head earlier or something, but otherwise, this is your first introduction to the material as a pickup.

On normal difficulty, you get 20 tungsten at the end of the mission, which is exactly enough to make a torque bar. On Impossible, you get 17 tungsten. Apparently there's a secret stash if you shot a deer head earlier or something, but otherwise, this is your first introduction to the material as a pickup.

I played the game about 4 times over a week or so and I definitely remember the deer head you mention (and I think if you read the logs or something, it alludes to it being a secret trigger? I know I found it and since the game was pretty much brand new, walkthroughs were pretty sparse, so I don't recall looking at one (I normally don't if it's a first playthrough of something and I know I'll be going through it multiple times, especially if I can just pick up collectibles I missed later using chapter select or something of the sort). I'm pretty sure I waited for the side missions right up until the point where I knew I would not be able to come back to them.

Dead Space 3 was so bad. Almost as bad as Hitman: Absolution.

I'm nearing my own absolution with Hitman.
Not directed solely at you, but since when does "good game design" mean you can always get everything in multiple ways? Sometimes things are secret. Sometimes things are missable. Sometimes things require backtracking at a later time. I wouldn't personally call what rtcn63 is irritated about "bad game design".

This is EA we're talking about--if a game isn't accessible it isn't greenlit.

Bad game design.

zkylon

zkylewd
anyone want a make love not war 3 thingie?

shadownet told me to give the key to someone but im playing league and cant modbot

Dead Space 3 was so bad. Almost as bad as Hitman: Absolution.

I'm nearing my own absolution with Hitman.

This is EA we're talking about--if a game isn't accessible it isn't greenlit.

Bad game design.

Nah.

Dead Space 3 did some really odd things and definitely took a leap over onto the action/co-op side of TPS, but it still had a bit of that Dead Space horror/tension working for it. It was actually pretty damn fun co-op too. I randomly found some other guy on PSN (in SA somewhere, I think; English was definitely his second language) and we ended up doing everything but the new hardcore mode together. The amount of time I clocked in that game was insane considering I wasn't going to get it at launch because of the genre shifts, but Amazon had one of those "get it for $40" basically due to a $20 preorder credit. I think it was quite possibly one of my fastest platinums ever.

Definitely not as good as the first two.
Definitely different.
But it was a solid time, especially with a co-op partner.

If you complete the first side mission and leave the Greely, you can't ever return without redoing the chapter. This is a problem because on harder difficulties (I'm playing on Impossible), you don't get enough tungsten to make a torque bar by this point, which is needed to open one of the doors and access weapon parts. At least, not without looking up a secret source of tungsten beforehand.

Remember, this is the company that (whether indirectly or not) was the catalyst for the series' "casualization", and for expecting an absurd amount of units sold for a series that was never capable of matching their expectations. Not to mention the microtransaction bullshit ladled on top of it.

Tenrius

Pillars of Eternity is pretty dope! A bit on the easy and can feel too straightforward at times. I decided to properly get into only when all DLC was out and that is now. I thinking I'm getting somewhat close to the main game's finale (I'm almost level 10 and the vanilla cap is 12), but I'm planning to do the DLC beforehand.

♪ Friday, Friday
Getting down on Friday
Everybody's looking forward to the weekend!
Partying partying
Partying partying
Fun fun fun ♪

Sorry, I just had a repressed memory come back all of a sudden.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Sch1sm, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Street Fighter V -- MB-49776C754F8D657A - Taken by Shalashaska. 35 entrants total.

t1456286946z1.png

Pillars of Eternity is pretty dope! A bit on the easy and can feel too straightforward at times. I decided to properly get into only when all DLC was out and that is now. I thinking I'm getting somewhat close to the main game's finale (I'm almost level 10 and the vanilla cap is 12), but I'm planning to do the DLC beforehand.

♪ Friday, Friday
Getting down on Friday
Everybody's looking forward to the weekend!
Partying partying
Partying partying
Fun fun fun ♪

Sorry, I just had a repressed memory come back all of a sudden.

Dylan's got you covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom