• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
and I've gone and done it
bUih9R9.png

I was just in the thread on gaming side dealing with the fact that your new game only has 5 trophies on PSN...

Also, you had the Warren avatar once upon a time, so that links to this...

(Life is Strange, Episode 3 spoilers)

This guy's work is maybe the best thing that came out of that game...

Hektor

People are spoiling Firewatch in the pricing thread, I am really pissed off! How can they be so insensitive?!

The worse is that I was spoiled by the guy quoting the original spoiling poster... Ffs.

People who fullquote an untagged spoiler are the worst. People who do that really got no reason to blame others for spoiling.

You probably should. A lot of the surprise in 999 is ruined if you play VLR first.

It's also the better game of the two.

Nobody reads morningbus OP confirmed

Rules of NeoGAF:
1. Nobody reads the OP.
2. Arguments about FF and MGS will inevitably end in people posting their rankings.
3. ???

Bad is subjective.

I find them quite good. Better than just about anything LiS related that's been posted in the Steam threads that I can remember... in fact, here, have another because sharing is caring:

Webcomic comedy 101: Subject is a psychopath. Now any panel can be a punchline.

It's the worst. Boring, predictable, and trite.

milena87

After another stressful and very unrewarding start of the week at work I decided to cheer me up a bit.
I bought Firewatch, Oxenfree and The Witness.

I should be set for a while.

I finally beat MGSV and the final mission (plus the true finale).

Well, it confirmed a few things I was thinking during the game. Great game, too bad about the shitty final mission and obtuse requirements (for those who aren't playing "right") to get those missions.

MaxiLive

After another stressful and very unrewarding start of the week at work I decided to cheer me up a bit.
I bought Firewatch, Oxenfree and The Witness.

I should be set for a while.

Hopefully work gets better for you :) That is a great choice of games, I'm very tempted by Firewatch but I'll need to at least progress with The Witness a bit first. Which is totally kicking my arse, I just can' figure out some of the puzzles no matter how long I stare at them then as soon as I do understand the rule and clear 4 puzzles the rules get turned upside down and I'm left staring at my monitor for another hour trying to figure it out!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hearing about how more bullshit-y hard the later stuff (rank 5-6 champion dungeons) get in Darkest Dungeon is kinda bumming me out. Im all for rng being rng, but when it starts cheating, it kinda stops being fun. I havent done any yet tho so this is just hearsay

then again if I stopped right now, close to 40 hours I probably already got my money's worth anyway

People are spoiling Firewatch in the pricing thread, I am really pissed off! How can they be so insensitive?!

The worse is that I was spoiled by the guy quoting the original spoiling poster... Ffs.

Yikes, that rather inconsiderate!
But thanks for the warning, I won't be going into that thread any more.

Arthea

talking about FF15 coming to steam, it's nice and dandy, although I'm not fond of games without female characters and FF15 doesn't give me good vibes in general, because I'm not a fan of their approach making FF into a generic action game, even more so if it's anything like Kingdom Hearts, but more important is that we still have no tri-Ace magic on steam, we need that Star Ocean 5 on PC and Resonance of Fate too.

I also had another motivational talk with myself yesterday, as in I don't need no new games, so I will buy only Dang, Stardew Valley, Disgaea and FF9 until summer sale and that's it. Even that is too many, but I can't do with less, I could forgo Disgaea but then Prinny will keep raving about FF13 and we can't have that anymore, can we?

You told me Man Puncher. You told me and I didn't listen.

wait, why are you juniored?

Ucchedavāda;194112380 said:
Yikes, that rather inconsiderate!
But thanks for the warning, I won't be going into that thread any more.

Yes, especially for a story rich game!

People who fullquote an untagged spoiler are the worst. People who do that really got no reason to blame others for spoiling.

I don't know if they are dumb or just evil... Honestly, I think they are just dumb.

I figured something like that would end up happening after reading some of that achievement thread.

The game isn't even out but with the "first day" video and the achievements, people feel that it's OK to "educate" us about the story.

The only issue I have with Uplay these days is that it's not Steam. :/

I seem to have a pretty stable experience with it, but, yknow, being so invested in Steam as we all are, buying anything that isn't on Steam still sits awkwardly. Likewise with Origin, I suppose.
I just don't like that it doesn't track time. I happily use GOG Galaxy because it has this feature.

Hektor

talking about FF15 coming to steam, it's nice and dandy, although I'm not fond of games without female characters and FF15 doesn't give me good vibes in general, because I'm not a fan of their approach making FF into a generic action game, even more so if it's anything like Kingdom Hearts, but more important is that we still have no tri-Ace magic on steam, we need that Star Ocean 5 on PC and Resonance of Fate too.

FFXIII-2 was developed by tri-ace.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Subscribing. This month is packed with games, but I will probably end up buying only the Ubi bundle that looks great. $1 tier here we go!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Ex-Blizzard devs develop new episodic horror game, Broken

Another post-apocalyptic zombie world!

Ex-Blizzard developers have banded together to produce new episodic horror game, Broken.

Said to be inspired by games like The Walking Dead, The Last of Us and Half-Life, the new studio - Kollide Entertainment - wants to develop a narrative-driven, action-adventure horror game.

“Broken is an episodic third-person action adventure game series set in the year 2021,” states the Kickstarter. “This is an original story that follows the personal adventure of Logan Kyle, a Navy Seal, and his family as they experience the end of the world on the front lines of an extremist group's catastrophic global biological weapon attack, resulting in death and a rare, but most horrific mutation.”

“Broken's focus is 100% story driven; all aspects of the game will support that goal. We will be doing away with some of the time draining staples of the current action-adventure scene such as repetitive puzzle-based level design, arbitrary collection artifacts, obscenely difficult enemy spawn encounters, and superfluous achievements.”

“Essentially, our goal is to offer unique immersive story experiences and to streamline gameplay such that returning to our game in between gameplay sessions is as seamless as possible. Ever stopped playing a game for a few weeks only to return to it and have no idea what the controls were? Yeah, us too.”

The Kickstarter seeks $275,000 by the end of the month and offers a breakdown of how it intends to use contributions to complete the pre-production process.

For more, head on over to the Kickstarter page for pics, info, and even a lovely video.

Broken is scheduled to hit PC/MAc first, with “future plans” to bring it to Xbox One, PS4, and mobile devices. What do you think, horror fans?

Arthea

I checked Titan prices yesterday again, had a good laugh which was very forced. I actually was checking more than 2GB VRAM GTX prices, which are still insane and only 900 series available with more VRAM at all.
To be fair some Titans had price drops... of 5-10€ ... *laughs*

Talking about that, as well I may ask, anybody has an opinion on Gainward GeForce GTX 960 Phantom?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed that the big banner in the PC thread is not the big PC exclusive of february.

I shake my head at thee Mr Orange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom