• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

All your weirdo gifs make you out to be a more interesting person than you appear to be.

e9osHgt.gif

Saw Star Wars Battlefront on sale on origin 50% off, thought about it and looked at the season pass. The season pass is double the price of the game atm, gg EA wp >.<

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178513.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A game involving fire -- MB-646F7A270977A2A4 - Taken by The Dear Leader. 22 entrants total.
This is supposed to be VERY good

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for A game involving fire was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1454514824z1.png

A lot of our 'real life banter' was about the state of Man United and did you watch East Enders last night. Considering there's also proximity voice chat no wonder folks were running away when getting close to our squad.

Man United can't even beat Bournemouth. 250m down the drain. I hope Europa is fun, while it lasts.

carl-jenkinson-banter.jpg

Phinor

Saw Star Wars Battlefront on sale on origin 50% off, thought about it and looked at the season pass. The season pass is double the price of the game atm, gg EA wp >.<

And it will remain without a discount for probably another year or more because the season pass content will last until early 2017. That's not EA specific nor is it anything new. In fact discounting season pass before the content is out is pretty crappy for the customers who have already bought it. Other than price mistakes, I could see a price drop around next Christmas at the earliest. Now if there's retail copies of the season pass around, those will probably see retailer specific discounts much earlier than that.

Dr Dogg

So 'play now while the rest downloads' is more akin to Ridge Racer's Galaxian loading screen. So upon start I'm dumped into one of the single player Hero Challenges I remember from messing about with this on the Xbone.
So I guess whilst I'm in Darth Vader's boots I may as well hack me down some Rebel scum while I wait for the other 75% to download. About 10 mins later...
25 more Rebels quashed for 1% progress. I think I'll pop out while the rest finishes.

I think it would be up to the devs to make it work, not Valve. All it does is portion off a small part of the game (like exhibition matches in FIFA) and makes you download that part first.

As with MKX, Valve allow it if the dev supports it.

It's going to require cooperation at both ends, Valve's and the publisher's. I mean you need a system in place at your client and content delivery side but you also need your application to launch and be active with out partial assets in place. Which with how games are on PC is going to differ wildly from one to the next. I guess we might see something along the line from a Valve game down the road (well if they ever make another one :p).

I'd probably leave the squad if you started asking if I watched EastEnders last night. :p

One of my mates recorded some footage of us in BC2 where we both on the roof of one of the building on the first island on Isla Inocentes (as you do at the start of a game of Rush as you can pick off the advancing team as they pass the first hill from safety). No idea if he posted it online or to YouTube but it was just mindless back and forth football chatter and you could see other members of our team run by, stop when they hear us banging on out that ludicrous display last night, and run off looking perplexed about what they just heard. I mean what on earth was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on that early?

Arthea

whose giving away fire emblem?

wake me up when it is tri-emblem that's given away

So 'play now while the rest downloads' is more akin to Ridge Racer's Galaxian loading screen. So upon start I'm dumped into one of the single player Hero Challenges I remember from messing about with this on the Xbone.

So I guess whilst I'm in Darth Vader's boots I may as well hack me down some Rebel scum while I wait for the other 75% to download. About 10 mins later...

25 more Rebels quashed for 1% progress. I think I'll pop out while the rest finishes.

you have no will power, like it can be even negative for all I know!

that's still pretty cool, I like the idea behind it, wish it was standard

AHA-Lambda

EDIT: hmm, looks like it includes Godus and is free for anyone who owns Godus.

Also that kid who won Qriocity is finally included too, bout time, good for him

The game is ridiculously good looking at times. Hell, I'll even say it's a good game. It caught a lot of flak that I think it wouldn't have caught had it launched with a different price tag.

It's what we used to call "arcadey," perfect for popping on every so often for a few rounds when you feel like putting on a Stormtrooper helmet. I wanted Battlefront 2 with New Graphics as much as the next fan, but I won't fault this game for not being that.

The most recent balance fixes were a big step in the right direction. There are a few tweaks that still need addressing, like adjusting the A-wing's hitbox or flatout removing its shields, but it's much better now that nearly every explosive's cooldown was changed to keep it from being a spamfest. There's actual blaster fire now.

Try a league down and 2 places of the bottom of that.

Bristol City if you haven't worked it out by now.

It's been funny to see the press all over the places with regards to LVG. Well for me at least :p
Ah, I see. :eek:

Well, Woodward wants LVG to remain, and that's what's going to happen for now. I really prefer replacing him, but I wanted Klopp there after Moyes and he's at Liverpool now, so that's impossible.

Dunno who could replace him now. I have a mixed opinion of Mourinho.

Ruruja

One of the GOAT racing games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

rFactor -- MB-EDB5213AA1C7B889

Maniac

Banned
I can't decide if I want to preorder Firewatch or just wait for reviews to come out.

Well there's already well over an hour of gameplay out there, which should be a reasonably good indicator as to whether or not youll like it. And you can compare different bits from the same rough area in different videos and see just how much they've managed to go back and refine (and add on to) the early bits. I'm definitely buying it, just have to figure out if I want the soundtrack edition or not.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is the reason I'm not among your party characters because I trash talk your favourite comics :V

XRkkAw4.png

thats why.

What does the symbol resembling a boxy 0 represent?

a boxy 0? oh its your stress level, the little tic is 10/100, if you reach 100 you freak the fuck out and get a negative or positive perk for that run (usually negative tho), then if it reaches 200 you have a heart attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom