• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Crypt of the NecroDancer dev was asking for anyone who can translate the game to many languages to help them

so i applied for arabic translation , i hope they accept me.
playing this on a vita should be cool.

Deques

Crypt of the NecroDancer dev was asking for anyone who can translate the game to many languages to help them

Where did they ask for that?

Hektor

Damn, where can i apply for the german localization?
Wanna include some dankass memes, nintendo treehouse style.

milena87

Hopefully work gets better for you :) That is a great choice of games, I'm very tempted by Firewatch but I'll need to at least progress with The Witness a bit first. Which is totally kicking my arse, I just can' figure out some of the puzzles no matter how long I stare at them then as soon as I do understand the rule and clear 4 puzzles the rules get turned upside down and I'm left staring at my monitor for another hour trying to figure it out!

Thank you :)

Yeah, I'm really excited to try The Witness. It should be great, considering all the positive talk about it.

Damn, where can i apply for the german localization?
Wanna include some dankass memes, nintendo treehouse style.
Don't ignore your legacy like that :(. I'm fairly sure Moyse was including such things in German translations of Nintendo products before treehouse even existed! The phrase "Nie Ohne Kondom!" appearing in Link's Awakening (but not Link's Awakening DX) is a fine example example though personally I found more interesting was changing the trigger file name and BGM for the file name easter egg (though given the English ZELDA was a similar change from a the Japanese とたけけ, maybe not...)

Nabs

That feel when you've found a really cool looking indie shooter, but then realize it's all score attack/horde mode. Devil Daggers

I feel like every interesting indie shooter is now randomly generated horde mode roguelikelikelikes.

Ludens

Banned
So, I completed King's Quest Episode 2. As I wrote back in days for Episode 1, 2 is very good too. You have several "tasks" to furfill between several days in order to
escape the prison
, and according to your gameplay choices
you can save different people

I really like this reboot/prequel/sequel a lot, my only complain is the fact episode 2 is rather short. Episode 1 was around six hours, 2 is one hour and thirty minutes or so.

Also I can't see an overall plot for now, and I'm really curious if there will be one or the game is just a "collection" of different episodes of Graham's life.

EDIT: I'm the only one receiving Workshop updates for random games? I mean, I received one for King's Quest and MGSV, I think they are just bugs with Valve screwing something up again.

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF maybe somebody here can clear some things for me regarding HTC Vive. To be more precise i was thinking about controllers that will come with Vive. As far as i understand Vive uses Lighthouse laser projectors to detect and track diodes on headset and controllers. So why did Valve went with PS Move like controllers? Is i possible to use gloves as controllers? I know that there would be issues for some games but gloves could provide natural hand movement. It would be interesting to see those kind of controllers and if it is not possible to use them i would like to know what is the issue.

Also can users create their own controllers or it is closed system?

tuxfool

Banned
Hey SteamGAF maybe somebody here can clear some things for me regarding HTC Vive. To be more precise i was thinking about controllers that will come with Vive. As far as i understand Vive uses Lighthouse laser projectors to detect and track diodes on headset and controllers. So why did Valve went with PS Move like controllers? Is i possible to use gloves as controllers? I know that there would be issues for some games but gloves could provide natural hand movement. It would be interesting to see those kind of controllers and if it is not possible to use them i would like to know what is the issue.
Gloves wouldn't work. They don't provide force/tactile feedback, nor do they have fixed geometry which is essential for determining poses. There are other issues like providing consistent actuators and reasonably deterministic sensing of things like button actions.

Then there is design for manufacturability, which would be a lot harder with gloves than a solidly designed piece of plastic.

Also can users create their own controllers or it is closed system?
Valve is planning on opening up the system for others to use, whether that includes users remains to be seen.

dex3108

Gloves wouldn't work. They don't provide force/tactile feedback, nor do they have fixed geometry which is essential for determining poses. There are other issues like providing consistent actuators and reasonably deterministic sensing of things like button actions.

Then there is design for manufacturability, which would be a lot harder with gloves than a solidly designed piece of plastic.

Valve is planning on opening up the system for others to use, whether that includes users remains to be seen.

It would be nice to see other people try to figure out best VR move controls.

Ban Puncher

You told me Man Puncher. You told me and I didn't listen.

cd2TQVP.gif

Kickstarting pre-production cycle on a game with the promise of a much bigger KS campaign later on that might actually include the game as a reward. Obviously this is going to fail in KS but I guess at least they tried. Game sounds interesting but there's almost no incentive to back this project.

Yeah, unless you've fallen in love with the concept, then there is no reason to back it now. And since there are already a ton of post-apocalyptic zombie games out there, I doubt that it'll convince a lot of people to back based on the setting. In fact, according to KickTraq, the game is heading towards just ~10% backing. It seems to me that the only thing they'll get out of this is a bit of publicity, which could have been what they were hoping for.

EDIT: I'm the only one receiving Workshop updates for random games? I mean, I received one for King's Quest and MGSV, I think they are just bugs with Valve screwing something up again.

Supposedly those happen when official Steam Controller support is added to a game.

Dr Dogg

So I'm sat here crunching the numbers as to how long it's going to take me to download XCOM 2 and how soon a preload would need to go up (let alone 2K releasing the keys for GMG to send out) for me to be there at minute zero. The it occured to me I'll probably fire it up for 5 mins then my vapid-like attention span will move on to something el... Oh look a squirrel!

Anyway Battlefront is 50% off on Orangin. I get the feeling I'm about to do something very stupid. Help SteamGAF-kinobi, you're my only hope!

it's not even half as bad as your CA abuse was
just pointin some facts

I have my artistic integrity!

Arthea

558 hours logged in MGSV.

http://i.imgur.com/9NjsiFg.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

damn man, you punch some hours

558 bloody hours! in one game
I can't comprehend this
send help

[quote="Dr Dogg, post: 194116424"]So I'm sat here crunching the numbers as to how long it's going to take me to download XCOM 2 and how soon a preload would need to go up (let alone 2K releasing the keys for GMG to send out) for me to be there at minute zero. The it occured to me I'll probably fire it up for 5 mins then my vapid-like attention span will move on to something el... Oh look a squirrel!

Anyway Battlefront is 50% off on Orangin. I get the feeling I'm about to do something very stupid. Help SteamGAF-kinobi, you're my only hope!

I have my artistic integrity![/QUOTE]

don't! think about despair and prinnies and alliens!

I don't wanna ever see what you do when you lose it.

[quote="tuxfool, post: 194116968"]All your weirdo gifs make you out to be a more interesting person than you appear to be.[/QUOTE]

don't bully.jpg

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Bizarre XCOM promotion stars Fred Dinenage from How 2

That's How for Now.

XCOM 2 is a fantastic game - we've already said that - but I think it's fair to say that the strategy genre can be an intimidating one for newer players. Perhaps that's why 2K Games hired TV presenter, Fred Dinenage, to help explain the game's new concealment mechanic.

In the the video below you'll find the former How 2 star and Meridian Tonight co-anchor talking through the most effective ways to fight back against an alien-controlled state. It's very, very odd.

If you're after more Fred Dinenage in your life (and who isn't?), we'd recommend this clip from 'How', in which he demonstrates the best way to manufacture a 36-inch egg. Marian Davies cannot believe her eyes!

Dr Dogg

Let's be honest MGS is the most anime game series of all time. Of All Time!

Stop enabling me, you dirty enabler you!

don't! think about despair and prinnies and alliens!

I don't wanna ever see what you do when you lose it.

Hey I snagged Disgaea the moment it popped on Steam. I've now debating refunding it as that swag boxed version with tangiable goods is on the EU NISA store for £7 more (plus shipping I guess).

What? Blimey that's an awesome blast from the past. I can't remember if it was the Hampshire Chronicle or the Express & Echo but something I used to work on that aggregated their content used to have a column by Fred that was always full of interesting factiods.

Ruruja

just noticed that the big banner in the PC thread is not the big PC exclusive of february.

I shake my head at thee Mr Orange

shouldn't you shake a fist instead?

I won't lie, I prefer morningbus' banner myself.

MRORANGE just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about SteamGAF culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Gaming-side where you can put up a thread whenever you want. If you're late putting up the thread for SteamGAF, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is SteamGAFfers, after hearing about this, are not going to enjoy any MRORANGE thread, nor will they read any of MRORANGE's posts. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but MRORANGE has alienated an entire community with this move.

MRORANGE, publicly apologize and cancel any plans you have on the 1st of the month or you can kiss your threads goodbye.

Ruruja

that's not overkill

I had 200 hours+ in FF7 once long long ago and probably a lot more than 500 hours in Civ 2 but that's over 6 years I kept playing it.

Civ 2 is my personal favourite. Like you I spent hundreds of hours on that one, I miss those advisors that changed when you changed eras giving you advice in video clips. :(

Dr Dogg

Huh so I see Origin now also has a play on partially complete download option for supported titles. Wonder if Valve will ever introduce something like this for Steam for everybody (as Uplay, Origin, Blizz and every MMO client under the sun just does their own titles not third parties)? And no, not whatever that MKX trainwreck launched with.

Oh yeah I might have bought Battlefront to find this out :(

Arthea

Civ 2 is my personal favourite. Like you I spent hundreds of hours on that one, I miss those advisors that changed when you changed eras giving you advice in video clips. :(

yeah, totally agree, Civ2 is still the best, in my top 10 games of all time and all nations it'll stay forever.
I can't believe they got rid of wonder vids too... or those satisfying victories.

Ruruja

Huh so I see Origin now also has a play on partially complete download option for supported titles. Wonder if Valve will ever introduce something like this for Steam for everybody (as Uplay, Origin, Blizz and every MMO client under the sun just does their own titles not third parties)? And no, not whatever that MKX trainwreck launched with.

Oh yeah I might have bought Battlefront to find this out :(

I think it would be up to the devs to make it work, not Valve. All it does is portion off a small part of the game (like exhibition matches in FIFA) and makes you download that part first.

As with MKX, Valve allow it if the dev supports it.

A lot of our 'real life banter' was about the state of Man United and did you watch East Enders last night. Considering there's also proximity voice chat no wonder folks were running away when getting close to our squad.

I'd probably leave the squad if you started asking if I watched EastEnders last night. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom