• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

http://steamspy.com/app/413410

Danganronpa:
Owners: 20,219 ± 3,290

To put that into perspective:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/japa...ronpa-sells-200-000-units-in-the-west/0148734

200.000 Sales for both games combined in the west, in other words, 100.000 sales for DR1 in the west (as of April 2015) if we assume a fifty/fifty split.

I think those PC sales are fairly good.
Here's hoping for 100k by year's end
Btw the new nekopara has 10k more owners approximately

cyba89

To put that into perspective:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/japa...ronpa-sells-200-000-units-in-the-west/0148734

200.000 Sales for both games combined in the west, in other words, 100.000 sales for DR1 in the west (as of April 2015) if we assume a fifty/fifty split.

I would assume a 50/50 split between those two games is very unlikely. The first game is out for a longer time, got bigger discounts and people generally start with the first game and play the second later (or never if they did not enjoy it).

Knurek

http://steamspy.com/app/413410

Danganronpa:
Owners: 20,219 ± 3,290

I think those PC sales are fairly good.

To put things into further perspective: "Steins;Gate placed 13th in sales during its first week of release with 16,434 copies sold, 28th on its second week with 4,253 copies, and 26th on its third week with 6,095 copies, totaling 26,782 copies by October 29, 2009."

That's a very successive launch of a very successive VN.
Most games in the genre don't sell half of that.

Bigby

From Reddit

DfWvBhB.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you have issues with strings you can always copy only save files and it should work. i did that for AC Syndicate when i wanted to delete cloud saves. I just deleted local files, started game in offline mode, then started in online mode. Then after some time i wanted to go back on old save so i just copied old save files (not folder) and it worked. UPlay asked me if i want to overwrite online saves too. As long as saves are from same account they should work.

The problem isn't that the saves I have are corrupt; it's that I don't have saves. God knows where they went as I played the game just two or three months ago.

Damn it. I just checked my Black Flag save, and it's just straight up gone. Did some research and apparently this is totally normal. F Uplay and it's garbage cloud system. There goes 50+ hours down the drain.

dex3108

The problem isn't that the saves I have are corrupt; it's that I don't have saves. God knows where they went as I played the game just two or three months ago.

It seems that AC Lib is really strange :D

Damn it. I just checked my Black Flag save, and it's just straight up gone. Did some research and apparently this is totally normal. F Uplay and it's garbage cloud system. There goes 50+ hours down the drain.

It is not limited to UPlay. I had issues with Origin and Steam too. That is why i use GSM even though all modern clients have Cloud Save support.

It seems that AC Lib is really strange :D

It is not limited to UPlay. I had issues with Origin and Steam too. That is why i use GSM even though all modern clients have Cloud Save support.

Yeah, I use GSM that runs every night and creates a daily backup on my NAS.... thing is, GSM doesn't backup the AC games, since it's Uplay and Uplay saves are in a encrypted location in Program Files (x86). GSM will backup the settings for those games, but not the actual game saves themselves

dex3108

Yeah, I use GSM that runs every night and creates a daily backup on my NAS.... thing is, GSM doesn't backup the AC games, since it's Uplay and Uplay saves are in a encrypted location in Program Files (x86). GSM will backup the settings for those games, but not the actual game saves themselves

Hmm GSM reads AC Chronicles, ACR and AC3 (i have those installed now) save game paths without issues and it can't find AC Syndicate saves. But thing is that all UPlay saves are under Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames and you can copy them manually. Only issue for GSM are folder names that are probably different for each user.

But you can use Custom Gamesave Entries option to point GSM to right folder.

Hmm GSM reads AC Chronicles, ACR and AC3 (i have those installed now) save game paths without issues and it can't find AC Syndicate saves. But thing is that all UPlay saves are under Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames and you can copy them manually. Only issue for GSM are folder names that are probably different for each user.

But you can use Custom Gamesave Entries option to point GSM to right folder.
Right, Sadly I didn't know that I had to manually do that before. Nor did I know that uplay's cloud save doesn't do anything other than remove gamesaves and there is no where to recover them and now they are completely gone forever. Also the only AC games I have are Black Flag and Syndicate and those are the ones that are in the Ubisoft Game Launcher folder.

dex3108

Right, Sadly I didn't know that I had to manually do that before. Nor did I know that uplay's cloud save doesn't do anything other than remove gamesaves and there is no where to recover them and now they are completely gone forever. Also the only AC games I have are Black Flag and Syndicate and those are the ones that are in the Ubisoft Game Launcher folder.

I just don't get why game clients like Steam, UPlay and Origin don't have Save Game manager. It can't be that hard to implement it.

Didn't see this one before

J4kVneW.png

So Steam is becoming Mobile Store XD

JaseC

Apparently Darkspore is being shut down on 1st March. If you want to own the game on Steam then you should travel back in time to 2013 and pick up a copy before it was removed.

Spore was such a disappointment back in the day.

The servers being down for a some weeks or so back in 2013 was amusing as the prolonged issue lead to a mod on the official forums putting up an announcement stating that the game was dead and development abandoned, which was promptly replaced with an actual announcement from an actual Maxis employee stating much the opposite. I think the mod in question was actually "demoted" since he took it upon himself to speak for the company without any facts whatsoever.

Hi Steamgaf
hope your all enjoying your day/night.

ModBot said:
Instructions for SockyJohnson:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SockyJohnson, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Vertiginous Golf -- MB-907BEAA9312AB329 - Taken by jdw_b
ARK: Survival Evolved -- MB-139F4822E766066F - Taken by NingenJanai

JaseC

Oh, hey, my Steam account turned 10 today. I think this is the first time I've ever caught the updated badge on the actual day.

:balloons:

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
completely forgot there was a Styx sequel coming. Exciting

Oh, hey, my Steam account turned 10 today. I think this is the first time I've ever caught the updated badge on the actual day.

:balloons:

I had steam the day it released (to play 1.6) but my account is only 8 years old :( I think I used my brothers initially.

Jawmuncher

Feb 2016 Update
FEBRUARY 24 - KNISHIKA
Thank you for your continued support of LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII.
An update the game has been implemented as of Feb 24rd 2016

Update content:
1. Alongside Valve’s SDK updates, the game can now be played even when Steam Cloud is turned off.
2. Display issues when using several models of graphics card such as the ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series have now been improved.

We hope you continue to have fun with LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII.
Thanks

Ludens

Banned
Road to Gehenna won't end. I still miss World 4 and the
optional star level in which you need, guess what, collect something like six tetrominos.

I won't take all stars, here, some are easy but others are brutally hard to find, so I'll stick with the 10 I found and that's it.

Feb 2016 Update
FEBRUARY 24 - KNISHIKA
Thank you for your continued support of LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII.
An update the game has been implemented as of Feb 24rd 2016

Update content:
1. Alongside Valve’s SDK updates, the game can now be played even when Steam Cloud is turned off.
2. Display issues when using several models of graphics card such as the ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series have now been improved.

We hope you continue to have fun with LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII.
Thanks

Wow, what a patch, they spent only two months on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom