• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
ModBot said:
Instructions for Applesauce:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Applesauce, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Outlast -- MB-78D23E4A9ED6BFFC - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.

t1456321688z1.png

Lain

http://steamspy.com/app/413410

Danganronpa:
Owners: 20,219 ± 3,290

To put that into perspective:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/japa...ronpa-sells-200-000-units-in-the-west/0148734

200.000 Sales for both games combined in the west, in other words, 100.000 sales for DR1 in the west (as of April 2015) if we assume a fifty/fifty split.

I think those PC sales are fairly good.

On one hand, they're fairly good considering the genre. On the other hand, I expected something with a bit more oomph from PC compared to VITA in the west. Obviously, over the same time-frame it'll do more on PC, especially thanks to sales (and the obvious bigger market). Still, I find those numbers a little bit disappointing.
Then again, who cares what I think about those numbers, all that matters is if Spike Chunsoft is happy with them and I'd have to guess they are (hopefully).

MUnited83

For you.
Changing images, sprites and scripts works on Danganronpa now! You can now upscale them sprites with Waifu2x or even put entire new ones instead!

ECZVZ3e.png

The Flame in the Flood looks alright. Any of you folks played it?

It may just be an AMD thing but the performance for me was shocking. 1fps, freezes, hardlocks and CTDs. It's coming out of EA soon, I hope they they've improved it as the game looks great outside of the technical issues.

Parsnip

Yeah, even if there were something there that I was absolutely certain I'd enjoy (like, say, following a nasty fall, a somewhat brain-damaged Yves Guillemot decides that AssCreed 2017 will be on the WinStore instead of Uplay), I'd still feel iffy about engaging in a transaction that says to Microsoft, "This is what I want." It's why I've never bitten the bullet on ilomilo+ even though almost everything about the game seems adorable.

Yeah ilomilo is really cool. Bought it full price on XBLA a number of years ago. Some brainbending puzzles and great presentation. Really sad that Southend Interactive closed down; they also made the singular and very cool XIII. The former staff are currently working on Apparently Not Assassin's Creed: Wall Street: What If Money... Was The Root... Of All Evil? Weird that Microsoft cared enough about the IP to keep it alive after the dev closed but not enough to release it on a platform anyone would care about. They never ported the mobile game to iOS/Android either, so it's languishing in Windows 7 Phone Store hell.

Ilomilo has the best fanfare.

ilomilo.gif

It's a shame that Crystal Dynamics dropped the ball with Temple of Osiris. The first one was quite an enjoyable coop dual stick game with decent puzzle elements and a loot system that was fine.

It's like they went overboard with LCTOS and added 4 player support, an extremely in your face loot system that sucks the atmosphere out of the game's generally pleasing aesthetics, and a lot less of the great challenge rooms that were sprinkled all over the first game (likely tied behind the glut of DLC they tried to sell with this sequel).

Just isn't doing it for me like Guardian of Light did.

Parsnip

GSM doesn't work with Uplay games, or at least some of them. When you back up Lib HD's "saves", you're just backing up the game's config file. The last time I used GSM, I noticed the same was true of the other AssCreed games I had installed, too.

I added a manual entry to back up all uplay saves in one archive for that exact reason.

CD Project Red should Hire Dragons Dogma combat/movement people to create the greatest game of all time. Even climbing a short wall is a hassle in the Witcher.

Pachimari

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Never Alone Plus Foxtales DLC -- MB-E557FCB0ADD88139 - Taken by KainXVIII. 14 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-429149A2F4D153AE - Taken by Shalashaska. 5 entrants total.
Door Kickers -- MB-852761048C1F7039 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 22 entrants total.
Sunless Sea -- MB-843E1071AA068811 - Taken by tuxfool. 36 entrants total.

t1456337408z1.png

Enjoy.

Changing images, sprites and scripts works on Danganronpa now! You can now upscale them sprites with Waifu2x or even put entire new ones instead!

ECZVZ3e.png

Oh you glorious bastard. Now i'm going to lose an hour trying to figure out who the funniest wrestlers would be for each of the characters.

All we need to be able to do now is hack the audio files too so everytime a verdict is reached VKM can shout "YOU'RE FIIIIIIIIIIIRED"

MUnited83

For you.
Oh you glorious bastard. Now i'm going to lose an hour trying to figure out who the funniest wrestlers would be for each of the characters.

All we need to be able to do now is hack the audio files too so everytime a verdict is reached VKM can shout "YOU'RE FIIIIIIIIIIIRED"
I feel tempted to just replace everyone with slightly different versions of John Cena :p

rtcn63

The autosave checkpoints in Dead Space 3 are a fuckin' joke. I can't even...
There's a part where you have to evade a regenerating necromorph (or two) and wait for a tram to arrive. It can be very difficult on Impossible, and took me almost 30 minutes to pass. I made it all the way to the next area (the Towers), even beginning an optional side mission. I save and exit for the night.

I'm back before the regenerating necromorphs.

EDIT: The Chapter select saves your progress though, but who'd think to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom