• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine wants to play Warframe with me.
Any opinions on that game here? I never even heard of it before yesterday.

I put in over 300 hours into the game. Very fun loot grinding game with great combat. The only thing is that it's almost entirely opaque to new players. Hopefully your friend knows what they're doing or it can get frustrating pretty quick.

Indie Gala "Attraction" MEGA Bundle

https://www.indiegala.com/attraction

Aren't these the 3DRealms games that were removed from Steam at the start of the year? Wonder how they're selling them now.

Ventara

PSA to anyone interested in Sunrider: Liberation Day

There are few days left, but if you back their Patreon for 10$, you will receive a Steam key at launch.
https://www.patreon.com/loveinspace
I'm not sure if they've ever said what the normal price will be but I'm pretty sure that's at least 50% off at 10$.

It says that I also need to be a Patreon member as of March 1st. I've never used Patreon before, but does that mean I need to pay $20 ($10 for both February and March)?

Edit: Oh wait, it's $5 per month. So $10 total. My bad.

Edit 2: Looks like you're charged at the beginning of the month, so I guess you won't be charged for February? If that's the case, I should pledge $10 instead of $5?

Aren't these the 3DRealms games that were removed from Steam at the start of the year? Wonder how they're selling them now.
While those aren't the games you're thinking of I heard that developers could still make keys for games removed from sale but considering why games tend to get removed from sale it is unlikely to ever see a developer do that.

Annubis

It says that I also need to be a Patreon member as of March 1st. I've never used Patreon before, but does that mean I need to pay $20 ($10 for both February and March)?

Final Call For Sunrider Liberation Day Published Feb 12, 2016

As this is the last month you can pledge before Liberation Day is released, non-backers have until 2/29/16 to pledge to receive Liberation Day on Steam for the exclusive Patreon offer of just a $10 subscription! If you have contributed $10 or more so far and are still a Patreon as of March 1st, then you will receive a Steam code for the game! (Be sure to grab the patch to convert the game into the Denpasoft version from our website too.)

Everyone who pledges after 2/29/16 will NOT receive Liberation Day under the Patreon only offer and will have to buy the game off Steam or Denpasoft.

From their own post, pledge before the 29th for 10$. You will be charged on March 1st.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

The 3D Realms mega-pack was removed, but the individual games are still available, Duke aside. I'm surprised 3DR hasn't made a replacement pack, given it owns the other games and will never see Duke again.

Pachimari

So I got else.heartbreak and its soundtrack but where do I find the soundtrack? Do I need to install the game first? Because it's not located in music or software or tools.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I got else.heartbreak and its soundtrack but where do I find the soundtrack? Do I need to install the game first? Because it's not located in music or software or tools.

Yes. Only installed soundtracks show up in the Music window.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Supehot is €23, Disgaea is €23 and Danganronpa just came out at €20. This is all wonderful.

or...you know...

NNZxBnb.png

zkylon

zkylewd
nuuvem will have dark souls 3

if i keep saying it maybe it'll happen

No discount just they decided to include the soundtrack with preorders.
ah, i guess that's alright for other ppl then

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

well GMG will for sure and probably with a 25% voucher. I just had that money in the wallet since the xmas sale when I ended up barely buying anything so I just went ahead and finally used it after not using it on xcom 2 and SF5

ah, i guess that's alright for other ppl then

Yeah but, haven't they been region locking most games recently? At least requiring a South American PayPal?

zkylon

zkylewd
well GMG will for sure and probably with a 25% voucher. I just had that money in the wallet since the xmas sale when I ended up barely buying anything so I just went ahead and finally used it after not using it on xcom 2 and SF5
well i want to get the season pass too

so i need better than 25%

Yeah but, haven't they been region locking most games recently? At least requiring a South American PayPal?
good enough for me

rtcn63

Dead Space 3 on Impossible (Zealot when compared to previous games? ) so far:

+ Enemies are challenging, if overly aggressive and borderline cheap (I'm guessing less so in co-op)
+ Guns are... interesting. The melee attachments (hammer, eviscerator) could be viable with the right upgrades
+ The atmosphere (In the first half of the game) feels like survival horror

- Much of the game is just waiting in rooms taking on waves of enemies, particularly side missions
- Hit detection is very questionable
- Placement of autosaves and checkpoints are terrible and don't really work properly. I played the entirety of the Towers side mission and didn't get an autosave until I moved on to the Aft Station.
- The game doesn't always tell you whether you need to wait out the enemies or solve a "puzzle" in order to progress to the next room. This is noticeable in the Towers mission.
- If you stasis a running enemy and don't dodge back right away, there's a 99% chance it'll hit you

And I'm glad that I figured out the javelin's main use is to take out enemy legs.

Ludens

Banned
Completed Shadwen, not really what I expected, I can't say if I like it or not.
Your goal is to reach the level with the little girl, to do so you have some gadgets and the ability to rewind time.
If a guard spots you, it's game-over. If a guard spots the girl, is game-over (usually they shoot you, but sometimes they just call for help alerting the whole location).

The game plays much like a strategy title instead of a stealth: everytime you stop pressing a button, the game stops.

I don't know, it was on my wishlist and it will remain here, but it's not really what I expected (aka a Styx-like game).

JohnCYQ

Question for steam gaf:

If I were to buy The Division either via hardcopy (from shops) or from GMG/other online distributors, will I be able to link them to my steam account or no?

On GMG's site, it only seems to show Uplay, so I can assume that it can't link to Steam? I haven't been buying hardcopies for PC games so I'm unaware of how it works in relation to Steam if at all.

bbd23

Completed Shadwen, not really what I expected, I can't say if I like it or not.
Your goal is to reach the level with the little girl, to do so you have some gadgets and the ability to rewind time.
If a guard spots you, it's game-over. If a guard spots the girl, is game-over (usually they shoot you, but sometimes they just call for help alerting the whole location).

The game plays much like a strategy title instead of a stealt: everytime you stop pressing a button, the game stops.

I don't know, it was on my wishlist and it will remain here, but it's not really what I expected (aka a Styx-like game).

Theres an option to have time continue to move. its one of the last settings in the keybind page. I enjoyed it a lot more with that toggle on.

Jawmuncher

Question for steam gaf:

If I were to buy The Division either via hardcopy (from shops) or from GMG/other online distributors, will I be able to link them to my steam account or no?

On GMG's site, it only seems to show Uplay, so I can assume that it can't link to Steam? I haven't been buying hardcopies for PC games so I'm unaware of how it works in relation to Steam if at all.

You can add it as a non-steam game. But it will forever be stuck to Uplay. Only way to have a steam version of the division is to buy it on steam. Which even then it will still use uplay.

Question for steam gaf:

the only place you're going to get a Steam key for that game is on Steam

anywhere else it'll be a Uplay key

edit: too slow

Turfster

Daily McPixel 80% off

Interesting. The more people play the Shadwen demo, the lower the launch price will be.
Probably not a big discount, but still...

Ludens

Banned
Theres an option to have time continue to move. its one of the last settings in the keybind page. I enjoyed it a lot more with that toggle on.

Oh, didn't see that. Well, at least is something, but considering how the game plays, I don't know if disabling that would be a good thing.

Bigby

Tilt Brush

Tilt Brush lets you paint in 3D space with virtual reality. Unleash your creativity with three-dimensional brush strokes, stars, light, and even fire. Your room is your canvas. Your palette is your imagination. The possibilities are endless.

Tizoc

In 5 minutes, the one true Ultimate Lucky GAFfer will be revealed and so too are the 5 Unlucky poor saps who are too stingy to drop hard Monocoins for dat sweet rotund Mono-butt~

JohnCYQ

You can add it as a non-steam game. But it will forever be stuck to Uplay. Only way to have a steam version of the division is to buy it on steam. Which even then it will still use uplay.

the only place you're going to get a Steam key for that game is on Steam

anywhere else it'll be a Uplay key

edit: too slow

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there any major differences between using the steam-key version (which still requires a Uplay account) and the non-steam one? Like for example, is the steam-key version usable with any Uplay account or is it tied to just 1 Uplay account?

bigzgod

Is there any major differences between using the steam-key version (which still requires a Uplay account) and the non-steam one? Like for example, is the steam-key version usable with any Uplay account or is it tied to just 1 Uplay account?

Tied to just 1 Uplay account. There are no fundamental differences other than the fact that one can be launched from Steam and one has to be launched from Uplay.

Jawmuncher

I'm pretty sure Uplay stuff isn't family shareable due to the Uplay Log-in stuff. Unless that has changed recently.

rtcn63

Is the PS4 controller viable on PC? I've been using the DS3, but mine has been having serious problems where it'll intermittently freak out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom