• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Code C -- MB-49C3CDE4E6143A26 - Taken by SSPssp. 30 entrants total.
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Code A -- MB-4CEE8AA56BEC6CDF - Taken by louiedog. 10 entrants total.
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Code F -- MB-63FD26A0E00DDA71 - Taken by eyeless. 16 entrants total.
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Code M -- MB-49C3CDE4E6143A26 - Taken by SSPssp. 30 entrants total.
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Code S -- MB-15F0B2ED9615276E - Taken by Nzyme32. 18 entrants total.
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Code Z -- MB-C34BF5B49733D07D - Taken by sprinkles. 9 entrants total.

And the winner is
WHOEVER TOOK CODE F
Because, ya silly little clods
F IS FOR FAIL

Like wasn't that obvious? This game takes place in a SCHOOL, where else would the code be hidden in? You didn't think about there being a pattern?

Well thanks for the laughs and see you next time in
GIVEAWAY OF DESPAIR 2
MONOKUMA BOOGALO

Grief.exe

Is the PS4 controller viable on PC? I've been using the DS3, but mine has been having serious problems where it'll intermittently freak out.

Very viable.

There is no native driver support for xinput and will default to dinput, which is an outdated standard. If you use software such as DS4Windows, then you will be perfectly fine, even utilizes the touchpad for mouse support or binding swiping motions to in-game actions. For example, in Dragon's Dogma I have swipe down set to toggle the UI and swipe up to take screenshot.

Nzyme32

And the winner is
WHOEVER TOOK CODE F
F IS FOR FAIL

Like wasn't that obvious? This game takes place in a SCHOOL, where else would the code be hidden in? You didn't think about there being a pattern?

GIVEAWAY OF DESPAIR 2
MONOKUMA BOOGALO

I am a proud owner of nothing!

Tizoc

EDIT: PRAISE GABE
THE GRIEF HAS RETURNED
STEAMGAF IS BLESSED ON THIS DAY!

It was secretly a free for all!? Now that is devious. Or SSPssp has become one with modbot.

Actually Codes A and M both shared the same word, which is why ModBot made that message that the code was a duplicate :p

rtcn63

Very viable.

There is no native driver support for xinput and will default to dinput, which is an outdated standard. If you use software such as DS4Windows, then you will be perfectly fine.

Good. The PS4 controller actually seems to be cheaper than the DS3 nowadays, especially on sale. I do have one but I'd rather keep it tethered to my PS4, and buy a separate controller for PC.

JohnCYQ

Tied to just 1 Uplay account. There are no fundamental differences other than the fact that one can be launched from Steam and one has to be launched from Uplay.

I'm pretty sure Uplay stuff isn't family shareable due to the Uplay Log-in stuff. Unless that has changed recently.

Basically no real reason to not just buy the cheapest version, right? Steam version will cost me $15 more than the GMG one (28% off), so...

And the winner is
WHOEVER TOOK CODE F
F IS FOR FAIL

GIVEAWAY OF DESPAIR 2
MONOKUMA BOOGALO
I entered the right one, yay

I already knew M was going to be nothing thanks to that Modbot error displayed. Overall, glad I wasn't chosen and didn't succumb to despair.

Wok

The rules suggest that the maximum possible discount is 20%:

It's also mentioned that FrozenByte reserves the right to alter either price, but even if it decides to be generous, I can't imagine the discount being any greater than 25%.

Technically speaking, the max discount is 16,67% of the permanent price. Edit: Apparently, the stated rules are wrong.

Gangxxter

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gangxxter:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Divekick -- MB-0085ECEE57F4F5F5 - Taken by Costa1774
t1cxE6r.gif
Dead State: Reanimated -- MB-6E603421CD1A729F - Taken by Jawmuncher
INK -- MB-EF79FC693C906174 - Taken by Eila

Naughty Dog the developer did not do this.
An employee, possibly employees, of Naughty Dog the developer did this.
How or why there are some people n this thread claiming it is a poor look for Naughty Dog on a whole is truly mind boggling to me. Like I cannot even wrap my head around it.

Wow.

This is ... real?

eyeless

And the winner is
WHOEVER TOOK CODE F
F IS FOR FAIL

GIVEAWAY OF DESPAIR 2
MONOKUMA BOOGALO
weird, i actually won

thanks a lot!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm pretty sure Uplay stuff isn't family shareable due to the Uplay Log-in stuff. Unless that has changed recently.

Some Uplay games don't have the exfgls flag, so they appear in shared libraries but are obviously useless without access to the Uplay account to which they're tied.

ExoSoul

Banned
And the winner is
WHOEVER TOOK CODE F
F IS FOR FAIL

GIVEAWAY OF DESPAIR 2
MONOKUMA BOOGALO

I knew iiiiit ;_;

MUnited83

For you.
Some Uplay games don't have the exfgls flag, so they appear in shared libraries but are obviously useless without access to the Uplay account to which they're tied.

At least people can still use the games by just logging to uPlay.

GTA V "allows" family sharing, as in, it allows you to download the game on other account

then it tells you that the game is only playable on the steam account it was bought on

wtf rockstar, thanks for the waste of 50gb

Knurek

Anyone who is disappointed Danganronpa doesn't come with an OST included - all music from game is in the easily extractable dr1_data.wad.

Standard OGG Vorbis files with looppoints in separate hex file.
Easy enough to listen to.
(Interesting enough, Abstraction converted the original HCA (aka CRI ADX2) files to OGG for PC release. Not sure why, there's a PC decoder for them, they've been used in most of newer Sega releases, starting with Binary Domain IIRC).

At least people can still use the games by just logging to uPlay.

GTA V "allows" family sharing, as in, it allows you to download the game on other account

then it tells you that the game is only playable on the steam account it was bought on

yeah, just about any game that requires a third party app to work isn't sharable. I'm sure there are some exceptions but it's a pretty consistent rule of thumb.

Then there's the weird game that should work on family sharing but doesnt appear in the other person's library, like TW3. Sure, my brother could just log into my account and download the whole DRM-free game without any issues but it should just work as a normal sharable game.

Vuze

Don't they require linking your Steam acc to your RSC acc to play the game? Pretty obvious it wouldn't work without access to the linked account then. Still, unfortunate oversight for people with bandwith caps.

Also welcome back Grief! :)

MUnited83

For you.
yeah, just about any game that requires a third party app to work isn't sharable. I'm sure there are some exceptions but it's a pretty consistent rule of thumb.

Then there's the weird game that should work on family sharing but doesnt appear in the other person's library, like TW3. Sure, my brother could just log into my account and download the whole DRM-free game without any issues but it should just work as a normal sharable game.

I mean, uPlay games seem to work fine, you just need to share the uplay account details with whoever you are sharing with. It's not ideal for sure but it works.

GTA V lets you download the game but it's literally useless. You just can't play it at all even if you enter the right Social Club details, because it will still only allow you to play it on the original steam account.
Why the hell haven't they disabled the family sharing flag for it is mind-boggling.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Yeah, considering it happens with a random selection of games and the particular titles vary user to user, I suspect the bug is related to Steam being programmed to hide shared games that cannot be launched with the user's current IP address.

zkylon

zkylewd
that game looks cool but there's so many of those kinds of games i can stand in a lifetime

sunless sea is keeping me entertained for now

Adry9

Else Heart.Break() is harder than I though to get in to. The first hours are SO slow, you wander around the city almost without a purpose.

Damn, I'm gonna miss lashman a lot. He hasn't posted in a while now so I hit him up. I thought it ended months ago but apparently there were still some unbearable trolls harassing him and complaining to mods about him.
People can be utter shit. lashman is a real nice guy and I miss the days when he posted normal. Hope he'll feel more comfortable in the future and return. I'll miss you bud.

Damn, I'm gonna miss lashman a lot. He hasn't posted in a while now so I hit him up. I thought it ended months ago but apparently there were still some unbearable trolls harassing him and complaining to mods about him.
People can be utter shit. lashman is a real nice guy and I miss the days when he posted normal. Hope he'll feel more comfortable in the future and return. I'll miss you bud.

Same, he's actually one of the reasons for me sticking to the thread originally (I used to lurk before I got approved) and he's like THE reason to use twitter.
I miss his old posts (remember the ;) face?) and the copons avatar quoting :(

I'll never understand the people who complained about him, he's one of the coolest persons to ever post here.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Who the fuck are these people, and why are the mods not doing anything about them? Seriously. Especially if they're repeat complainers that the mods should already know about.

No one deserves that shit, especially someone as innocuous as lashman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom