• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

xbox.steampowered.com is coming

The one guy said it wasn't coming, but I could see MS doing what they did with GFWL. Yeah you can buy it on Steam. But you'll still need the Microsoft Store for something.
Along with an Microsoft Account.

Someone from the other thread posted a picture of his HL2 manual from the OG Xbox. The URL is the same. Considering that the other subdomains for practically everything have also seen updates, it'sprobablynothing.gif

Jawmuncher

Someone from the other thread posted a picture of his HL2 manual from the OG Xbox. The URL is the same. Considering that the other subdomains for practically everything have also seen updates, it'sprobablynothing.gif

Didn't know that was even a thing. Oh well.

What is it about Naughty Dog threads and over excitement? Anyway good news is there will be an Assassin's Creed appearance in gaming this year! Even if it is only by concept art plagiarism.

they can't do no wrong, even when they're doing wrong. They're just that good!

but it's okay, they already uploaded a new video with the plagiarized art removed. Could this mean that they were in the wrong? Let's let the ND fans tell you so we can find out!

but seriously, the folks that are hardcore into ND can be insufferable at times but no more than the folks who are really into Destiny or Halo. It's just that ND's games tend to be pretty high profile in comparison so that brings with it a special breed of top tier defense forces.

mind you, this is coming from someone who has played well over half a dozen naughty dog games in his life and hasn't played a bad one yet so I don't have a thing against them at all

Eila

The soundtrack will be pre-order DLC only, right?
Thinking of pre-ordering last second and maybe refunding if it's another shitty mess. If it looks like it can be fixed maybe keep it.

madjoki

Yeah, apparently it used to redirect to support page for xbox games and someone has since broken it.

So Darius Burst Super Ultra CE Excellent Hyper Edition Ultra Legacy EX+ (or whatever it's called)...

... is actually pretty legit. It's really pricey for a shooter, but *goddamn* is there a lot of content there. There's not *that* many core stage "concepts" but they get remixed quite literally hundreds of ways. And there is a ton of player ships and they all actually play really differently (one is even a "melee" ship of sorts). I also appreciate the different modes of play, it's not just the arcade game in a STEAM wrapper.

Wok

Does anyone know if the coupon offered with HIB 16 ("10% off Humble Monthly") stack?

I only have to spend $1 to get a coupon, so if I get one coupon and buy the March bundle earlier, I get $1.20 off for $1, then I can get another bundle for $1 and apply the coupon for the April bundle, so that I get $1.20 off for $1 again. In the end, I would be paid $0.40 and two HIB-16 bundles for being a lawful subscriber.

If coupons stacked, I would stack 4 coupons so that I would get $4.13 off for $4. In the end, I would be paid $0.26 and 8 HIB-16 bundles for being a lawful subscriber.

Dr Dogg

RPGsite said it was solid. Wonder if it's a nvidia vs amd style thing. Or maybe some gpu updates are in order.

Who to believe eh? Well no one until it's out and in the hands of a lot more people to see if these are universal issues or one dependent on a particular set of hardware. Wouldn't be the first time a member of the press has cried foul and been one of the odd ones out. Surprised they didn't try it on any other PC to confirm the issues but that would be too easy wouldn't it :p.

Who to believe eh? Well no one until it's out and in the hands of a lot more people to see if these are universal issues or one dependent on a particular set of hardware. Wouldn't be the first time a member of the press has cried foul and been one of the odd ones out. Surprised they didn't try it on any other PC to confirm the issues but that would be too easy wouldn't it :p.

Thats what I was wondering as well. I remember previews before in german gaming mags tested the games on 3 different machines to make sure whether that issue might have sth. to do with the hardware or are universal.

Grief.exe

Thanks for the welcome back messages,I won't individually comment to avoid messing up the thread.

The Destructoid article says they saw some of the issues in videos from other members of the press. Doesn't sound like enough due diligence to come to a conclusion

Let cooler heads prevail for the moment.

I don't know that "it's probably their computer" should be the takeaway from reports of "this PC port is a hot mess."

Like XCOM 2 has serious performance issues that affect people almost at random. It sucks, but in no way is it on a person's hardware--it's on the game and its devs.

Thinking of pre-ordering last second and maybe refunding if it's another shitty mess. If it looks like it can be fixed maybe keep it.

it'll be sold seperately after release

look like I'm going to wait for a steam sale on this one

Maniac

Banned
That's probably because you're about 2 days LTTP.

That's a good point.

... And that's also because I'm feeling so damned awful. I do very little in the way of... Well, both being productive and procrastinating. I'm just doing nothing. It's kind of amazing in a way.
That's more like it. Surprised they aren't pushing it more like Dota considering the numbers Cs gets.

CS makes pennies by comparison to Dota. That's the difference.

Endruen

Yes, only as a pre-order.
it'll be sold seperately after release

look like I'm going to wait for a steam sale on this one

No, it won't.

The Disgaea PC: Digital Soundtrack will only be available during the pre-purchase period.

PC Gamer upset that Eidos used the word beta to describe an actual beta correctly for once and not a demo for an obviously already finished game.

Okay.

I don't know. Compared to the Division Beta, Hitman felt quite tame in comparison. I played the boat mission twice and that was about it.

It's Ubisoft in Division's case, being they gotta have that game done because money. That game is probably further long than Hitman by quite a clip and probably more or less done. In Hitman's case it's a legitimate beta and the game is more or less an Early Access game.

Momentary

Banned
So Darius Burst Super Ultra CE Excellent Hyper Edition Ultra Legacy EX+ (or whatever it's called)...

... is actually pretty legit. It's really pricey for a shooter, but *goddamn* is there a lot of content there. There's not *that* many core stage "concepts" but they get remixed quite literally hundreds of ways. And there is a ton of player ships and they all actually play really differently (one is even a "melee" ship of sorts). I also appreciate the different modes of play, it's not just the arcade game in a STEAM wrapper.

To me, Mushi and DARIUSBURST were tied for the best shmups last year. There are 6 more ships coming form different series soon.

RAYFORCE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72oRRoXOspY
METAL BLACK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCgN8xGJN4w
NIGHT STRIKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY4D_Uk2JY4

The other pack contains Sega ships that I can't remember right now.

rtcn63

Once again, I'm playing on Impossible:

Dead Space 3 is arguably better than RE6 because at least they didn't fuck up the real-time inventory. Speaking of, it's strange that the game doesn't save inventory after you use a bench. You often encounter them in areas with enemies, so death means having to redo everything.

And yeah, apparently there are no saves during optional missions. Checkpoints, but if you have to exit the game, you're doing the entire thing over. And those side missions are probably the worst part of the game outside of rappelling.

Rig upgrade stations are sporadic. I don't think I encountered one on Terra Nova, where I spent 1-2 hours. I was hoping to up my health, because as of this moment, regenerators kill me instantly. Not sure if that'll change with more health though.

There have been times where I've stood in front of an enemy and unloaded bullets to no avail.

The one thing from RE6 I would've liked is the option to have an AI partner that's invincible/has their own ammo. Something you can toggle, as I can see how people would be against it.

Dr Dogg

The Destructoid article says they saw some of the issues in videos from other members of the press. Doesn't sound like enough due diligence to come to a conclusion

Let cooler heads prevail for the moment.

I mean I've got 5 PCs in this house that have Windows on it and if something doesn't work on one I'd try it on another. If issues persist I'm then going to check various things and systems logs and get to the bottom of things if possible. Seeing as they have an early copy, I'm assuming for review, wouldn't the correct procedure be to speak to their PR contact at NISA first? Ask them if this is something they are aware of? Not go looking of YouTube for other peoples videos? Even if NISA aren't aware at least you're then doing something that could possibly aid them and actual purchasers of the game. If I want to speak to someone I have contact details for I don't got off somewhere else and write an article to communicate to them.

worst part of dead space 3 was those terrible wall climbing sections that happen wayyyyyyyy too often.

I wish you the best on your Impossible run rtcn63. I hope you took heart medication for what is coming your way

rtcn63

worst part of dead space 3 was those terrible wall climbing sections that happen wayyyyyyyy too often.

I wish you the best on your Impossible run rtcn63. I hope you took heart medication for what is coming your way

I remember the rappelling sections where you have to "evade" falling rocks. Don't think they even checkpoint you after each section.

It's funny. I know people hate on Isaac's characterization after the first game (where he was a silent protagonist), but he works well as the player identification figure. Like, he just has to put up with so much bullshit. The series should've ended
with him putting a bullet in his head and living a fleeting dream with Nicole.

*aka "Early Access"

Street Fighter Pre-Alpha

Dr Dogg

*aka "Early Access"

Saying that I'm part of the problem. Seeing as Street Fighter V Early Access Edition is currently up to my 8th most played game on Steam at a smidge over 41 hours. And that's just over a week from it's release.

If all your games are released in unfinished states with the price of admission being a promise down the line of future content 'for free' then I'm sorry :(

I remember the rappelling sections where you have to "evade" falling rocks. Don't think they even checkpoint you after each section.

It's funny. I know people hate on Isaac's characterization after the first game (where he was a silent protagonist), but he works well as the player identification figure. Like, he just has to put up with so much bullshit. The series should've ended
with him putting a bullet in his head and living a fleeting dream with Nicole.

The story in DS3 is so bad though. It's some stupid love triangle and some guy who wants to do evil things and of course everything goes wrong. Hell, that game didn't even have a real ending unless you played the DLC and that thing is hot garbo, too.

I really thought people were exaggerating with DS3's drop in quality, i thought folks were just turned off by coop and that the game got too much shit...until i played it. Then, i got it. It really was a hell of a drop compared to DS1 and DS2 and a total shame because that series deserves better.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Saying that I'm part of the problem. Seeing as Street Fighter V Early Access Edition is currently up to my 8th most played game on Steam at a smidge over 41 hours. And that's just over a week from it's release.

If all your games are released in unfinished states with the price of admission being a promise down the line of future content 'for free' then I'm sorry :(

Well there's certainly no problem in playing (and liking) what you like to play. But you just more or less exactly described "Early Access" - "the price of admission being a promise down the line of future content for free".

I enjoyed SF5, but there wasn't enough there to hold my interest for more than about 5 hours.

Jawmuncher

Well there's certainly no problem in playing (and liking) what you like to play. But you just more or less exactly described "Early Access" - "the price of admission being a promise down the line of future content for free".

I enjoyed SF5, but there wasn't enough there to hold my interest for more than about 5 hours.

Lasted longer than me. Got about 2 hours solo, and another hour from playing local VS.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Basically 1 more hour away from Disagea PC. We'll be seeing soon how this port really is.

feel free to gift it and ill tell you munch

edit: also you scrubs need to be devoured-oured-oured by my NecNec, that will put some hours in your hour count. Stop dodging me Munch

im a scrub myself ;_;

rtcn63

The story in DS3 is so bad though. It's some stupid love triangle and some guy who wants to do evil things and of course everything goes wrong. Hell, that game didn't even have a real ending unless you played the DLC and that thing is hot garbo, too.

I really thought people were exaggerating with DS3's drop in quality, i thought folks were just turned off by coop and that the game got too much shit...until i played it. Then, i got it. It really was a hell of a drop compared to DS1 and DS2 and a total shame because that series deserves better.

No I agree. The story isn't good, and that Isaac has to endure it is just maddening. Feel sorry for the guy.

DS3 takes the worst part of DS2 (cheap enemy placement + being stuck in a poorly lit, enclosed room while a dozen plus necros are literally thrown at you) and makes it the focus the game. That and the insta-deaths. It and RE5 have shades of being a good successor, but they do enough wrong for most people that you hesitate to replay them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
am...am I in the future? why are people talking about Dark Souls 3? :eek:

I must have walked through a wormhole in my drunken stupor last night ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom