• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name is Widdly Scuds and I have a +1 addiction.
trP0KwK.png

Now give me my badge valve.

rtcn63

I just remembered that I still have a sealed copy of the Taken King. That shit isn't worth much now, maybe I should just play it.

Pachimari

Looking forward to the Disgaea impressions. I really hope it's a solid port and not one of these half-baked ones.

Also Final Fantasy IX got updated on mobile today fixing lots of bugs, so maybe they are still looking for bugs in the PC version as wel.

FLD

Really hope that Destructoid guy is wrong about Disgaea. I can usually tolerate bad ports (I had a blast with DQH), so unless it's literally unplayable I likely won't refund my pre-order, but I don't want Disgaea to bomb. :(

The story in DS3 is so bad though. It's some stupid love triangle and some guy who wants to do evil things and of course everything goes wrong. Hell, that game didn't even have a real ending unless you played the DLC and that thing is hot garbo, too.

I really thought people were exaggerating with DS3's drop in quality, i thought folks were just turned off by coop and that the game got too much shit...until i played it. Then, i got it. It really was a hell of a drop compared to DS1 and DS2 and a total shame because that series deserves better.

The dlc's cliffhanger ending is even worse.
It gets points for having a creepier atmosphere than the main game though.
God, just thinking about this damn game pisses me off.

taflNQE.png

Just finished Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and also watched the short-movie ending credits. Good Lord, Ubi has a felt million employees.
Anyway, to the game. Glorious, ridiculous, to the point. Shocked such a dumb premise got greenlit by a big pub. Glad it did. The game is fun, very much so but I advise against clearing the strongholds. I did a couple after every main mission and it totally broke the pacing. It's boring, repetitive and not worth it. You get one to two side missions in every liberated garrison but they are copy-paste small mindless chores after the first few times. They unlock one weapon modification in the in-game store but honestly, they are not worth it. Most are just needless while others are way overpowered and take any challenge out of the already easy game. But most of all, they brake the otherwise perfect pacing of the game. Forget about garrisons and any other side occupation, just focus on the main missions which are great fun. Cutscenes and story were absurd, stupid fun and the soundtrack is just a gem. Went for all stereotypical action movie cliche and it just fits.
Give this one a go, it's short and sweet.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of valouris, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (valouris, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sunless Sea -- MB-331081C5FE63E0F8 - Taken by Red Hood. 53 entrants total.

t1456393567z1.png

kagamin

You know, make it easier on those of us who don't know what you're talking about when you use shorthand for games that could apply to several games, especially if they're not on steam, like DS3 you know. ;)

taflNQE.png

Just finished Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon and also watched the short-movie ending credits. Good Lord, Ubi has a felt million employees.

Anyway, to the game. Glorious, ridiculous, to the point. Shocked such a dumb premise got greenlit by a big pub. Glad it did. The game is fun, very much so but I advise against clearing the strongholds. I did a couple after every main mission and it totally broke the pacing. It's boring, repetitive and not worth it. You get one to two side missions in every liberated garrison but they are copy-paste small mindless chores after the first few times. They unlock one weapon modification in the in-game store but honestly, they are not worth it. Most are just needless while others are way overpowered and take any challenge out of the already easy game. But most of all, they brake the otherwise perfect pacing of the game. Forget about garrisons and any other side occupation, just focus on the main missions which are great fun. Cutscenes and story were absurd, stupid fun and the soundtrack is just a gem. Went for all stereotypical action movie cliche and it just fits.

Give this one a go, it's short and sweet.

And don't forget Rex's voice. They got effing Michael Biehn to do it!
Glad to see you liked it as much as I did :)

You know, make it easier on those of us who don't know what you're talking about when you use shorthand for games that could apply to several games, especially if they're not on steam, like DS3 you know. ;)

i mean it's pretty clear we were talking about dead space 3, especially when discussing Isaac, love triangles, and wall repelling.

Not sure how that could be confusing at all.

kagamin

I've never played Dead Space, how do you expect me to know! Especially because I always think of Golden Sun whenever I see Issac.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
ok the SSAO graphic glitches in DISGAEA PC is real, but I'm not having any considerable slowdows with v-sync on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom