• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, Mushi and DARIUSBURST were tied for the best shmups last year. There are 6 more ships coming form different series soon.

RAYFORCE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72oRRoXOspY
METAL BLACK https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCgN8xGJN4w
NIGHT STRIKER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY4D_Uk2JY4

The other pack contains Sega ships that I can't remember right now.

RAYFORCE SHIP! Oh man.. that's awesome. I love the way they incorporated the lock on lasers. Now if only they could cross companies and give me the Einhander ship, i'd never need to buy another shooter again.

I have a dream that my fellow SteamGAF members will one day be able to post in a thread where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their Steam library.

Jawmuncher

Embrace it's beauty

untitled2snku6.png

Endruen

Ok, don't activate character filter in Disgaea if you play in fullscreen, it looks blurred as fuck.

And yes, the FPS drops significantly without any reason. It works without problems if you disable Depth of Field and Screen End Blur. I sincerely prefer the look without those effects.

Dr Dogg

Well so far Disgaea seems alright. Just about to do the tutorial segment but runs and looks fine. Few oddities but were talking a 13 year old game that looks like it's a port of the PSP port.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Finished the first Tutorial battle in Disgaea...

The game has some strange frame drops from time to time, nothing to bad... but overall it's running well till now... hardly a mess like that one article said

wireless Xbone controller works without a problem and the mouse/keyborad controls also seem fine

New store page! I had my eye on it for a while when it was released for Vita last year.
Can I get a read on that title?

Also... huh.
I hope the state of Disgaea doesnt kill anime tactics on Steam.

Square will do that themselves when they port FFT: War of the Lions and keep the animation delay, while also shackling it to their DRM service.

I have faith in their ability to ruin good chances.

FLD

ok the SSAO graphic glitches in DISGAEA PC is real, but I'm not having any considerable slowdows with v-sync on though.

Really? With v-sync on, the game instantly drops to 30 fps for me, and game logic seems to be tied to framerate because that makes it run at half speed. :/

Also, for some reason I can't get the Steam Controller to work with it.

Jawmuncher

Mafia II recently got a "Music Edit" test branch. Meh. I hope they leave our copies alone.

Surprised that the music is what affected the release. Like other's I thought it might have been the playboy stuff. The music in the game is oldies, didn't think it would be that much of an issue to keep the license on. Then again Mafia 1 isn't back on steam either.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Really? With v-sync on, the game instantly drops to 30 fps for me, and game logic seems to be tied to framerate because that makes it run at half speed. :/

Runs at 60 here with vsync on... lets hope they fix this problem fast

They should have redone them, that looks distracting to me. But if that's how it's supposed to be it's cool, thought it might have been a bug or something.

they redid all the character portraits and so on... I think it would have been way to much work/expensive to redraw all the animations and so on

Dr Dogg

Ok, don't activate character filter in DIsgaea if you play in fullscreen, it looks blurred as fuck.

This might come as news to some but as far as I can recall the other 3 versions of Disgaea all have bilinear filtering on magnification of sprites. So being able to have it to what looks like nearest is an addition not seen in the other versions.

Also I much prefer the original map textures. The new ones are high resolution it seems but lose a lot of the art style and eeriness of the originals.

zkylon

zkylewd
material design is the most boring thing ever

and i'm so tired of everything looking like it was made by google

have some creativity ffs

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Not having any framerate problems :/

It's shit that some people have it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
They should have redone them, that looks distracting to me. But if that's how it's supposed to be it's cool, thought it might have been a bug or something.

Maybe someone will put in the work to mod in the HD sprites. Not sure if all the characters in Disgaea 1 are representing in future titles though but the main cast and normal enemies should be covered.

FLD

Also I much prefer the original map textures. The new ones are high resolution it seems but lose a lot of the art style and eeriness of the originals.

Yeah, I haven't compared them a lot but just the area of the opening cutscene looks much better with the old ones. Not sure why but they removed all the details/damage on the ground around the coffin. Seems like an odd change to make...

Runs at 60 here with vsync on... lets hope they fix this problem fast

Not having any framerate problems :/

It's shit that some people have it.

Damn, maybe it's something on my end then. Hopefully an easy fix.

Just woke and straight to check Disgaea store page.
75% positive? There must be something wrong. After reading the reports here.. well, there it is.

Oh, and Grief is back? Welcome back.

Maniac

Banned
Same, he's actually one of the reasons for me sticking to the thread originally (I used to lurk before I got approved) and he's like THE reason to use twitter.
I miss his old posts (remember the ;) face?) and the copons avatar quoting :(

I'll never understand the people who complained about him, he's one of the coolest persons to ever post here.

Lots of annoying lurkers and dicks here.

Snitching dicks.

Dicks that're, almost assuredly, already on my ignore-list. Which is plentiful. For we may be the best of GAF, but god damnit there's a ton of awful, daft people in here.

Still beats OT tho.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
This might come as news to some but as far as I can recall the other 3 versions of Disgaea all have bilinear filtering on magnification of sprites. So being able to have it to what looks like nearest is an addition not seen in the other versions.

I think 2 and ZHP (Another NIS game in the same engine.) allowed you to put it on nearest neighbor on the PSP.

Eila

Agreed. They changed them a bit too much.
Thankfully, the originals don't look too bad.

Maniac

Banned
Remember when it was gonna be better than the first.

It was though

People just wanted something new and exciting. Instead we got the same fundamentals in a better game with more variety and a much-changed pacing.

And more great sodding music. I mean it was worth it for the music alone!

Phinor

Has anyone else been getting a lot of server error 500/blank Steam store pages as well as most of the time if the page loads, it doesn't load completely, anything after the price box is cut off?

I'm not sure what's causing it. If I go incognito without addons/extensions in my Chrome, every store page loads properly. I don't really have many addons - Adblock though Steam is whitelisted, Enhanced Steam, few Google things and mouse gestures. I don't want to ask but could it be caused by Enhanced Steam? Or me being logged into Steam? Broken cookies? Something? Anyone have similar problems lately?

Maniac

Banned
Thats not true. The difference is theyre not competing with any other f2p mobas with CS

... It does though. Atleast microtransaction-wise.

Edit: Forgot to say; You definitely do have a point though. CS is pretty much it's own thing with it's closest imitators getting nowhere near it; and ofcourse within esports it's really the only FPS around.

ARTS-wise that's certainly not the case.

KingKong

... It does though. Atleast microtransaction-wise.

Edit: Forgot to say; You definitely do have a point though. CS is pretty much it's own thing with it's closest imitators getting nowhere near it; and ofcourse within esports it's really the only FPS around.

ARTS-wise that's certainly not the case.

well I guess you're banned, but I'd like to see numbers that CS makes 'pennies' in comparison considering the Chroma 2 case, which came out on April 15th 2015, is currently selling around 6500 units an hour, and the only reason to buy a case is to also buy a $2.50 key to open it with

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom