• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Mafia II recently got a "Music Edit" test branch. Meh. I hope they leave our copies alone.

Oh shit. I'll be extremely disappointed if they change the version people already have. Love all the music in Mafia 2, and 1 for that mater, which thankfully remains unaltered - and not on the Steam Store

Ouch. Nearly 3k of Disgaea players right now. I guess the game must have done really well. Danganronpa did 2 times less and is currently sitting at 20k on Steamspy, with growing sales. I smell a bright future for Japanese niche games on Steam.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, I haven't compared them a lot but just the area of the opening cutscene looks much better with the old ones. Not sure why but they removed all the details/damage on the ground around the coffin. Seems like an odd change to make...

Agreed. They changed them a bit too much.
Thankfully, the originals don't look too bad.

It does seem a little odd as it's something that requires a fair bit of effort but hey choice is always a nice thing.

I think 2 and ZHP (Another NIS game in the same engine.) allowed you to put it on nearest neighbor on the PSP.

Huh that's interesting to know. Hopefully this does alright and is the start of NIS popping stuff on PC like Makai Kingdom. I lost months and months to that game.

Phawx

well I guess you're banned, but I'd like to see numbers that CS makes 'pennies' in comparison considering the Chroma 2 case, which came out on April 15th 2015, is currently selling around 6500 units an hour, and the only reason to buy a case is to also buy a $2.50 key to open it with

I'm only aware that DOTA 2 makes 14 mill/month for Valve. I can't seem to find any info how much CS:Go makes through the community market. But they made around 7 million during the course of the summer sale.

700x-1

Graph might be useful

Nzyme32

yeah i really don't like it

the mix of dark and light is confusing and it just looks bland and uninteresting

i don't think metro's amazing or anything but this is terrible

Same. Personally I like the Steam standard skin but would like a version that has a bit more colour to it. I quite liked the early version Valve did that people complained about, which was basically the same but with several bluer hues and wispy bits. I'd also like to see Valve move away for their trademark "I-don't-know-what-the-fuck-gradients-should-look-like, isn't-this-still-windows-98?"

Dr Dogg

Anyone know if Disgaea saves it's settings anywhere? Looked in the obvious places and didn't see anything (although haven't checked the registry yet).

worst part of dead space 3 was those terrible wall climbing sections that happen wayyyyyyyy too often.

That's hardly the worst thing. I'd say it's a toss up between the horribly blatant backtracking in the levels and the lousy co-op implementation.

The older games had backtracking too as the missions sent you hunting for macguffins around the Ishimura and all but it was never as egregious as in DS3. I still remember that last level of DS3 where they make you align an alien switch, walk down a long corridor of enemies and portals, reach the end, align some lights, then turn around and trek all the way back through the monster corridor to the start, align that alien switch differently, then turn around again and walk back down the monster corridor one last time. The very definition of waste of time filler content.

And then the co-op situation. Where there was this cool looking content that was only available if you played it in co-op. Except, that content could only be experienced by one of the two players playing the game. So when you came up to these portals, one player would go off into this dream/nightmare world and see cool shit while the other co-op player was stuck outside fending of waves of enemies. So they created content that would not be available in single player and was instead locked behind co-op content, and then on top of that the content could only be experienced by one of the two people playing it in co-op. Did they really think that people would complete that piece of shit game twice to experience those nightmare sequences?

These were two of the biggest problems among a myriad of shitty design decisions in Dead Space 3. It's kind of fitting that Visceral's incompetence killed the IP. They're a Battlefield DLC factory now right?

So, I tried playing Disgaea and as it appears that long as my Steam Controller is on, the in-game cursor will just keep moving downwards, making menu navigation impossible. Which is rather unfortunate, as I would like to actually play the game with said controller. Oh, well, I don't have any more time today, so perhaps I can troubleshoot it tomorrow.

Also, while most of the options seem to work fine, but turning on SSAO just resulted in weird flashing "shadows" all over the screen.

AHA-Lambda

I have internet again! Been down for about 6 hours, it was horrible D:

K, on topic :p

Played some of Devil Daggers, it's pretty cool :)
But on the other hand I already feel like I'm done with it after about 45 mins of play =/

More exciting though, I got my SUPERHOT key in from Humble :D

hesho

Ouch. Nearly 3k of Disgaea players right now. I guess the game must have done really well. Danganronpa did 2 times less and is currently sitting at 20k on Steamspy, with growing sales. I smell a bright future for Japanese niche games on Steam.

i think neptunia proved that japanese niche games can sell well on steam already.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

DAMN, guess I shouldn't be worried about getting more disgaea.

rtcn63

^ All the side missions force you to go return to the entrance of the area while new enemies appear and try to fuck you every which way.

And once again, the game doesn't hard save during side missions. If you're too tired or annoyed to do that final stretch, you better prepared to do it all over again.

It's the circle of life stupid

Sounds absolutely accurate.

Hi, my name is Widdly Scuds and I have a +1 addiction.
trP0KwK.png

Now give me my badge valve.

When you hit 3x that, then you have a +1 addiction.

Dark Souls 3 = DkS3, don't confuse it with Dungeon Siege 3, or Dead Space 3, or Darksiders 3. ;)

That abbreviation is stupid though. People need to learn context.

Lots of annoying lurkers and dicks here.

Snitching dicks.

Dicks that're, almost assuredly, already on my ignore-list. Which is plentiful. For we may be the best of GAF, but god damnit there's a ton of awful, daft people in here.

Still beats OT tho.

Was maniac really banned for this or was it something else?

but it's not

But it has something wrong for somebody somewhere and it's not perfect. So it's shit. You know how PC ports get rated.

Just woke and straight to check Disgaea store page.
75% positive? There must be something wrong. After reading the reports here.. well, there it is.

75% positive isn't actually bad for a launch, considering the rate at which QA escapes seem to happen these days (though it's hard to fault QA with the number of permutations of available hardware out there in some of these escapes). It's not like it's sub 40%.

^ All the side missions force you to go return to the entrance of the area while new enemies appear and try to fuck you every which way.

And once again, the game doesn't hard save during side missions. If you're too tired or annoyed to do that final stretch, you better prepared to do it all over again.

I do recall the save system being a little iffy... a couple times you'd see the icon or whatever, and then die, and you'd not spawn where you thought it saved. This was a complaint I had after playing through, as I missed the save system from the original games.

Eila

Was on top sellers for a bit during the last pre-order period. Seems to have fallen off top 10, but it's still up there.
What's crazier is that Valkyria Chronicles is above it, thanks to the 75% off coupon that was rolled around. That game will sell forever.

zkylon

zkylewd
Same. Personally I like the Steam standard skin but would like a version that has a bit more colour to it. I quite liked the early version Valve did that people complained about, which was basically the same but with several bluer hues and wispy bits. I'd also like to see Valve move away for their trademark "I-don't-know-what-the-fuck-gradients-should-look-like, isn't-this-still-windows-98?"

yeah i think i liked that version the best too

honestly i just want something that's got a dark base but it's also got a bit of color and shape

like all this flat metro/material design crap is so damn boring

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
yJzPoj0.png

This is new.
Hopefully more publishers start using it.

I personally think this is a neater side effect of the new system:

17tf9VB.png

Which is something Enhanced Steam has been doing for years.

Looks like your average wordpress blog.

The boxes/lines seem off in places.

I'm getting the itch to switch out my PixelVision2 skin though... I had tried Metro/Air/Pressure at various points -- are these still up to date and function/looking good? Are there any newer skins out there that people (like me!) might not have heard about yet?

Dr Dogg

Fine for me, in fact i quite like the mouse controls (at least i don't have to deal with buttons 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on). Dragging the mouse with the left button held down moves you in the overworld and the further out you are from Laharl the fast he runs. Waaaay faster than a gamepad.

Freaked out when I had a Fightstick connected but that's been the only issue so far and that was easily solved.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm so tired of these cash grab, rushed PC ports.

MUnited83

For you.
yJzPoj0.png

This is new.
Hopefully more publishers start using it.

Awesome!
If I remember right, Adult Swim also used to give you duplicates of the games you already owned when you bought the Adult Swim bundle.
Adult Swim are fucking awesome is what i'm getting at.

I'm so tired of these cash grab, rushed PC ports.
It's hard to rush a pc port of 13 year old game.

What can happen is that they simply weren't able to test it with enough different setups and just launched it and crossed their fingers, hoping that the hot mess that comes after is small enough that it can reasonably patched soon after.

i stopped using steam skins because i got too lazy to download and install updates for the skin whenever the client itself would update.

Also, Jerry Rice and Nitus' Dog Football steam keys are up on groupees if you bought that hello kitty, doggy bundle.

TCFXVtf.jpg

Think I already owned it so no big deal but jeez, these steam key giveaways are getting popular. They are gone within minutes, sometimes seconds.
The dream is dead.
If a game has never been free before and there are less than 100k being given out it seems like it may last hours now given people have cottoned on to how these happen. 5k or less is gone within an hour tops.

Speaking of which...

Still seems to plenty of Lowglow left:
https://gleam.io/p5i1T/free-game-lowglow-100000-copies

Speaking of which...

https://gleam.io/FHMZf/iesabel

yet another freebie game, 10k copies.
Gone. All gone. I go and get a life for 2 hours and I find myself unable to satisfy having a free +1 and maybe some trading cards neither of which even matter or I honestly care about in the end. I have a problem. As my mother would say "little hands that grab".

I hope FFIX comes out soon. Not because I will buy it but because that means we are that much closer to X-2 gracing us.

I got to spend over $800 for a new radiator today. And now the gearshift is shifting hard as hell. Not even a fucking day, that is how much my car hates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom