• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I want this. I have faith in them since the Gpd XD turned out very well.
Should be able to play a good number of current indie games and at least PS3 era AAA games , which would already make it the best handheld ever.
Yeah. It's in one of the BundleStars packages, I think.
That's The Flock, a different game. The Flock has a number of overall deaths that can be done in total by all players, which will then trigger a final event and then the game ends forever.
The obe I'm thinking about is a multiplayer survival FPS where you can only die once and thats it.

Should be able to play a good number of current indie games and at least PS3 era AAA games , which would already make it the best handheld ever.

That's The Flock, a different game. The Flock has a number of overall deaths that can be done in total by all players, which will then trigger a final event and then the game ends forever.
The obe I'm thinking about is a multiplayer survival FPS where you can only die once and thats it.

Maybe?

http://onelifegame.com/?lang=en

I think Chronicles of Elyria is also a fantasy one that is currently running. It might not be perma anymore though.

Ozium

if you use a different skin for steam what you are really saying is that you don't care about a designer's original intent, or atristry in any form.

shameful

Going in Mafia II. Took a quick look in-game at settings and it's a bit weird. AA is only on/off, OK. PCGW it is. SSAA it is apparently. Disabled, went to Nvidia panel, activated MFAA. If that's no good, FXAA.
Let's see how good Mafia II is.

That's pretty much the reason I want it haha, couldn't you download a program like say moonlight and stream more beefy games on it? should work on such a device I think, but i'm a noob on stuff like streaming so I don't really know ha.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just picked up Firewatch and Danganronpa. It's going to be a fun few days.

Jawmuncher

Still conflicted about upgrading my PC. I really want to upgrade the GPU, but I want to keep the form factor of my X51 as well. Which would require a new power board and new power brick, along with the new GPU.

Part of me just wants to run this thing even farther and play games at lower than 1080p settings if need be (I don't plan on going higher than 1080p until this monitor breaks). Though as some of you have seen I'm not quite sure how much longer this thing will last. I've been having to fix it on odd ways. But I just can't purchase anything again at a high price.

Still conflicted about upgrading my PC. I really want to upgrade the GPU, but I want to keep the form factor of my X51 as well. Which would require a new power board and new power brick, along with the new GPU.

Part of me just wants to run this thing even farther and play games at lower than 1080p settings if need be (I don't plan on going higher than 1080p until this monitor breaks). Though as some of you have seen I'm not quite sure how much longer this thing will last. I've been having to fix it on odd ways. But I just can't purchase anything again at a high price.

There's a NewEgg sale on stuff right now if it helps?

People say Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are Uncharted clones, I've never played Uncharted, how great of a clone the TR games are in terms of gameplay and story?

People say Tomb Raider 2013 and Rise of the Tomb Raider are Uncharted clones, I've never played Uncharted, how great of a clone the TR games are in terms of gameplay and story?

Gameplay wise I think the TR games are better. The story in both Uncharted and TR is crap, but at least the Uncharted games know it and they are more like fun action movies. Sadly, the TR team never got the memo.

Ah yes, Flock is the one I was thinking of.

Can't fault games for trying gimmicks.

septicore

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Deer God -- MB-1F9166DCEA0B6EF0 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 2 entrants total.
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-D98D48674679D690 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Dwarfs!? -- MB-C2822372BE15F608 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1456371249z1.png

Just some spare keys.

rtcn63

Ellie: The thing with the thing isn't a thing, but I think I found some blueprints to make a thing

Isaac: Alright, let me get the lube

Mafia II has a movie atmosphere and feeling to it. It's nice. Shooting is fun, driving a bit weird. Maybe it's because the winter.
It looks nice and detailed but up-close textures and models are low-fi. Understandable keeping in mind it was a ps360 era game. Found the first "magazine collectible". Ehrm, that is "interesting".

Mafia II has a movie atmosphere and feeling to it. It's nice. Shooting is fun, driving a bit weird. Maybe it's because the winter.

It looks nice and detailed but up-close textures and models are low-fi. Understandable keeping in mind it was a ps360 era game. Found the first "magazine collectible". Ehrm, that is "interesting".

it's a good thing I got it for $30 on humble bundle then ( ≖‿≖)

drakaenae

extra keys
ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-2E42391FC67DD802 - Taken by Coldsun
Outlast -- MB-FA4AFDC7751AE0FF - Taken by bigzgod

I just picked up Firewatch and Danganronpa. It's going to be a fun few hours.

Fixed that for you. At least in terms of one of the games.

Not with that first game it won't be, apparently.

Haha, exactly. Maybe fun, depending on your preferences. Definitely not very long lived.

Depends... most of the comparison comes from the fact that they're both archeologically based adventure stories that revolve around some ancient artifact/civilization/whatever and the myths that surround it. Basically they're sort of akin to the Indiana Jones films -- Uncharted more directly so. The TR2013 and TR2016 games tend to try to be more serious in tone and less like an Indiana Jones movie mostly because Drake is more like Indy than Lara ever will be simply because of character design. And this is probably why CD made the games in the reboot have a more serious tone than the Uncharted games they're compared to.

With the reboot, and now the sequel, TR shifted to a more over the shoulder, semi-cover based TPS shooter for it's combat (where if you've played any of the slightly older/remastered games, TR was more about travesal and/or puzzle solving, though they did have Lara running around with dual wield handguns).

The Uncharted gameplay itself differs, particularly starting with Uncharted 2, by leaning toward a heavy shooter focus that is cover-based. Think Gears of War without the brutal melee type finishers and feeling a bit looser overall since the character models aren't big and bulky like the COGs. The naratives are about the same quality, or worse depending on your preferences and your tolerance for Nolan North and the general personality of Drake. Uncharted 2 is by far the most popular on the internet; I tend to believe this is because it ditches a lot of the puzzle solving/exploration type gameplay that was in the first game (and somewhat returned in the third, which is why I think a lot of people who loved Uncharted 2 were let down by Uncharted 3) and was the first game in the franchise to offer competitive multiplayer. It seems relatively likely that the campaign was designed to make full use of all the resources they spent developing something that could be a Gears of War for the PS brand.

I may have to come back to edit this some more, but I think a lot of my thoughts are there.

How many of the endings have you been through? I absolutely loved that game. Only takes 5 to finish, I put in...4 hours? Haha. Its humour isn't for just anyone.

I have no idea how many endings are in the game but I got
[*]The normal ending following the narrator
[*]One where I closed Stanley's office door
[*]Stanley becoming insane and dying, with a woman watching him dead in the street
[*]Choose the option to turn the mind control device
[*]Fell off a window and the narrator told I didn't broke the game
[*]Jumped off the elevator(?) in a place that looked like a warehouse and the narrator told I did it jusr to show I was in the command
[*]Still in the warehouse missed the elevator and the narrator conviced me to jump, dead again.
[*]Found a museum
[*]The one where I refused to go through a red door.
[*]Got locked in a room because a tried to use the source engine console to open the doors

I'm not sure if all are considered endings and I tried to be a bit vague if you plan to play it again.

Teggy

Booted up TIS-100.

First puzzle, ok Jshackles did a little better on this.

Second puzzle, Jshackles did a lot better on this.

Third puzzle, WTF HE DIDNT EVEN USE ONE OF THE NODES.

Freaking programmers.

the rule of thumb for buying PC games now is that the actual 'release' is 3 months after launch

still doesn't stop me from Day 1'ing Mankind Divided though ( ≖‿≖)

zkylon

zkylewd
sunless sea is strange, i kind of at the same time appreciate how little "playing" you do but i feel like listening to a podcast or something while playing because of how much waiting while traveling there is. kinda sad cos the atmosphere is great

my second character is doing a lot better than my first one, but i feel the game's pushing me to start taking risks and making long trips and i feel that'll end in tragedy

zkylon

zkylewd
maybe replaying a mission

you can do a save at the start of a mission tho if u want to replay it and not watch the cutscenes again

also not having skippable cutscenes is a terrible sin no matter how good the cutscenes are

hesho

the rule of thumb for buying PC games now is that the actual 'release' is 3 months after launch

still doesn't stop me from Day 1'ing Mankind Divided though ( ≖‿≖)

no its not... the rule of thumb is to buy the game when it hits 50% off during sales ;)

Except for Uncharted 3. What a waste of potential.

Uncharted 3 corrected the course of the franchise and brought everything closer to the original while retraining some of the advances put forth by the focus on multiplayer in the second game. For me, it was a return to form, and showed me that I was wrong to write off the series as a generic Gears of War clone that Uncharted 2 seemed to be pushing the franchise toward.

I did have one moment where I thought it was all going to take a turn for the worse, but it was just a little deja vu as (Uncharted 2/3 spoilers):
there is a bit where you get to the top of the ship graveyard type area that evoked a lot of the experience of climbing out of the train (twice); the train being one of my least favorite areas of the game. It wasn't though, but something about the longish bit of climbing and the way the camera moved brought back all sorts of bad memories of Uncharted 2.

sunless sea is strange, i kind of at the same time appreciate how little "playing" you do but i feel like listening to a podcast or something while playing because of how much waiting while traveling there is. kinda sad cos the atmosphere is great

my second character is doing a lot better than my first one, but i feel the game's pushing me to start taking risks and making long trips and i feel that'll end in tragedy

That crew ain't going to eat themselves!

But seriously, that's how you find port reports (which, for the further they're out, are worth more) and more storylines with resultant questlines/missions/trade/smuggling/etc.

w-why would you

Late chapter 15 and beyond.

yuraya

Damn that new DS3 trailer is incredible. Someone needs to hurry up and discount that preorder down to like 30-35$. Come on GMG..you can do it :D

Probably just cave in and pick it up for the fourtyfiver closer to release. Would be nice to get it lower.

Damn that new DS3 trailer is incredible. Someone needs to hurry up and discount that preorder down to like 30-35$. Come on GMG..you can do it :D

Probably just cave in and pick it up for the fourtyfiver closer to release. Would be nice to get it lower.

Everyone's favorite grey market dealer, cdkeys, had it for $32 a month or two ago. I think it's up to $38+ now.

Having played a LOT of DS2:SotFS in the past 2 weeks, I just realized something that would be really handy would be for FROM to let you save loadouts of armor so you can easily have a few sets done up to switch at a bonfire or something. I suppose they could let you do it via the menus anywhere too, but I wonder if that would go against the design of "no pause" since it would make it easier and less risky to swap out armor on the fly.

kagamin

Everyone's favorite grey market dealer, cdkeys, had it for $32 a month or two ago. I think it's up to $38+ now.

Having played a LOT of DS2:SotFS in the past 2 weeks, I just realized something that would be really handy would be for FROM to let you save loadouts of armor so you can easily have a few sets done up to switch at a bonfire or something. I suppose they could let you do it via the menus anywhere too, but I wonder if that would go against the design of "no pause" since it would make it easier and less risky to swap out armor on the fly.

You should see how fast PVPers ring swap and weapon swap, that speed is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom