• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
bong water

tumblr_nw0kfnjqa31qa2rwqro.gif

I don't understand why I understand Trump.

Xenophobic, unPC, jingoist, oh I totally get it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of valouris, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (valouris, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sunless Sea -- MB-331081C5FE63E0F8 - Taken by Red Hood. 53 entrants total.

t1456393567z1.png

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
The quokka should be #1. Maybe #2.

White cockatoos live forever (relatively speaking). My uncle, who is in his 60s, received one as a present for his 15th birthday and it died suddenly just last year. I loved talking to him (the cockatoo) as a kid.

They're pretty smart too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They're pretty smart too.

The perfect homework companion!

And since it's their own IP, there is a good chance it's not going to be a Win10store exclusive.

The IP is Remedy's, but that doesn't necessarily mean the game itself will be, too. If it's jointly owned a la Alan Wake, then it'll probably appear on Steam at a later date, but if Microsoft bankrolls the entire project, then it'll be a Microsoft Windows App Store™ exclusive unless MS has a change of heart.

Alan Wake's Return? Really? That's either gonna be a smaller digital venture or it's gonna be a cameo in Quantum Break.

A short film would be my guess.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
For Alan Wake's Return, Remedy has partnered with story-telling powerhouse Telltale to develop new episodic adventures in the enthralling Alan Wake universe.

Corpekata

Banned
WingameStore has Guns, Gore, and Cannoli for 3.50ish, seem to recall that having a fairly good reception, at least among the "indie gems" sales threads. Lowest it has been I think.

Pachimari

So today I'm heading out to buy a Mew code and the Game of Thrones or The Last Wish book. Should I do my part today, and also buy DanganRonpa?

Pachimari

If the courtrooms or investigation or whatever are bad, and it turns out to just be a visual novel most of the time, then I'm gonna freak out.

Okay, that looks decent at best. Clearly a budget title. Map to map exploration with visible enemies, then you'll get to combat sequence if you touch them. Just like the old days JRPG. Combat is somewhat turn-based with cooldowns. Not sure how will it work with full party members later. Lots of clipping in combat as well. Not too convinced so far, but I'm loving the settings and Chinese martial arts theme.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Jeez, you guys are making me feel like I should return Firewatch. I like walking simulators with good stories. I enjoyed the giant bomb quicklook.

Corpekata

Banned
There is no MS conference today. If you're talking about the press event, then it's no more than that. The embargo lifts on the 1st.

Weird. I could've sworn we'd seen like Remedy saying to look forward to it for Quantum Break PC info or footage, but I guess they said "end of the month" and the 1st is close enough to that.

That travelling is the main reason i stopped playing once the free weekend was over. It just gets tedious when everything you've left to explore is the very east of the map, 3 minutes back and forth without much happening.

It was tense at times, because i didn't knew if i'm going to make it before i run out of fuel or not, but a speed up Button would've been nice,

Tho, with such a Button the game would probably be only 2 hours long.

Who, did you choose?
Idk, tedious is the wrong word IMO

Grueling seems better, and appropriately so

I can see why people dislike the pacing, but the whole point is the danger of travel, and those long journeys test your resource management, and put you in the same headspace as your crew. Longing for land, amid the vast unforgiving expanse of darkness and water, days, fuel, and supplies slipping by. Like it's part of what makes the atmosphere works so well. If travel was faster, the gameplay tension of planning and surviving long trips, of making tough unpleasant choices to survive long trips, the sense of being a small ship amidst the endless dark, it's all lost

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Idk, tedious is the wrong word IMO

Grueling seems better, and appropriately so

I can see why people dislike the pacing, but the whole point is the danger of travel, and those long journeys test your resource management, and put you in the same headspace as your crew. Longing for land, amid the vast unforgiving expanse of darkness and water, days, fuel, and supplies slipping by. Like it's part of what makes the atmosphere works so well. If travel was faster, the gameplay tension of planning and survive long trips, of making tough unpleasant choices to survive long trips, the sense of being a small ship amidst the endless dark, it's all lost

what game is this?

How I miss Lashbot. :(

was he banned?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
more_badass is a communist now too? I really am out of the loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom