• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far Cry 4 wouldn't be Ubisoft's Far Cry 4 without a silly bug.

There is a checkpoint race side-mission that requires you to drive this vehicle:

Said vehicle is inexplicably slower when the input method is set to kb&m rather than a controller, and significantly so -- the best time I could get when using the kb&m was around 1m32s whereas I completed the race in roughly 1m25s when using a controller (gold requires 1m30s or lower).

There's also the fact that the latest (and final) patch for the game broke the Gameworks features for Nvidia's 9xx series of GPUs... well, technically, they do work, but only if you feel like putting up with regular driver crashes.
Coming from Blood Dragon, I suddenly feel the urge to play Far Cry 4. Constant darkness had me yearning for day-night cycle and a more grounded nature setting.
it's a good thing I got it for $30 on humble bundle then ( ≖‿≖)
30$?!?!

sanhora

Is it safe to call this month the most packed February ever in PC's history with notable releases?

ATS
XCOM2
Firewatch
Unravel
Dying Light: The Following
PvZ GW2
SuperHot
Street Fighter V
Disgaea PC debut
Danganronpa PC debut
Expansion for PoE
Expansion for Skylines
Plague Inc out of EA
The Flame in the Flood out of EA

Less notable stuff like:

Cobalt
Michonne Ep1
Layers of Fear
Arslan
ToS
Naruto UNS4 sold twice as much as Danganronpa so it probably deserves a mention.

It's tough to stand out when there are so many good games, old and new. Being a good game was never enough to be a good seller sadly. I can't even imagine the devastation indie devs who poured all their personal funds into their project, it to turn out a great game but sell next to nothing. That must be tough.

A good thing, I learned of these by the same devs. Looking pretty good.

Tenrius

So I take it there's no way to import my GFWL achievements into the Steam version of DoWII/Chaos Rising? I loaded up my clear game saves and it gave me a few achievements (for finishing the game and the like), but it'd be nice to have the rest.

titch

Damn, I'm gonna miss lashman a lot. He hasn't posted in a while now so I hit him up. I thought it ended months ago but apparently there were still some unbearable trolls harassing him and complaining to mods about him.
People can be utter shit. lashman is a real nice guy and I miss the days when he posted normal. Hope he'll feel more comfortable in the future and return. I'll miss you bud.

well thats our community taken a huge hit - lashman's posts were a great source of steam info.

Shame on those that complained about him - what a complete and utter disgrace.

Now that Danganronpa and Disgaea are officially out on Steam, it's about time I made the decision on which game that starts with the letter "D" gets my money.

I think I chose well:

uH4stlU.jpg

tumblr_inline_no8wn9fxpr1tsm17z_500.png

Ludens

Banned
So I take it there's no way to import my GFWL achievements into the Steam version of DoWII/Chaos Rising? I loaded up my clear game saves and it gave me a few achievements (for finishing the game and the like), but it'd be nice to have the rest.

Well, originally you should be able to import both your save and all your achievements into Steam (for Dead Rising games at least), but that option never worked for me, I couldn't trasnfer achievements nor saves.

Anyway I received the Hitman Beta Survey, after 20 minutes I was on 50%, so I dropped it. SE should pay me for my time.

gelf

well thats our community taken a huge hit - lashman's posts were a great source of steam info.

Shame on those that complained about him - what a complete and utter disgrace.
Indeed. He was my best source for keeping up with Steam news and perhaps the main reason I lurk in this thread so much.

It's tough to stand out when there are so many good games, old and new. Being a good game was never enough to be a good seller sadly. I can't even imagine the devastation indie devs who poured all their personal funds into their project, it to turn out a great game but sell next to nothing. That must be tough.

A good thing, I learned of these by the same devs. Looking pretty good.

I've had Odallus on my wishlist... just waiting on a decent sale before it hits impulse territory.

Oniken was gifted to me (by the freshVegetable, actually) and it's a dead ringer for Ninja Gaiden. The difficulty is fairly high for today's standards, but would sit right in with classic NES line up. There's a nostalgia gloss here, for sure, with the over-the-top story that drops in, sets the scene for chaos, then lets you go. Play with a controller. Or don't. It's your life.

I ended up setting it down because I was in the middle of another game, which is par for the course for me.

Jawmuncher

I gave IO interactive shit for not making a new Kane and Lynch and for the Hitman Beta not really offering a worthwhile action playthrough for those who want it. They have the stealth stuff covered.

Messiah

I gave IO interactive shit for not making a new Kane and Lynch and for the Hitman Beta not really offering a worthwhile action playthrough for those who want it. They have the stealth stuff covered.

Why does a Hitman game need an action way to play through a mission though? There are more than enough games that cover that.

Shooting through everything should rightfully be just a last-ditch effort in those games.

Rizzi

Far Cry 4 wouldn't be Ubisoft's Far Cry 4 without a silly bug.

There is a checkpoint race side-mission that requires you to drive this vehicle:

Said vehicle is inexplicably slower when the input method is set to kb&m rather than a controller, and significantly so -- the best time I could get when using the kb&m was around 1m32s whereas I completed the race in roughly 1m25s when using a controller (gold requires 1m30s or lower).

There's also the fact that the latest (and final) patch for the game broke the Gameworks features for Nvidia's 9xx series of GPUs... well, technically, they do work, but only if you feel like putting up with regular driver crashes.

And people wonder why I don't buy Ubisoft games on PC anymore.

Jawmuncher

Why does a Hitman game need an action way to play through a mission though? There are more than enough games that cover that.

Shooting through everything should rightfully be just a last-ditch effort in those games.

Because absolution had it. Gunplay mechanics shouldn't be bad just because they want people to play stealth. Splinter Cell Blacklist is still the king of offering both Stealth and Action in worthwhile ways.
More games need to learn from it. There is a way to make everyone happy.

I've had Odallus on my wishlist... just waiting on a decent sale before it hits impulse territory.

Oniken was gifted to me (by the freshVegetable, actually) and it's a dead ringer for Ninja Gaiden. The difficulty is fairly high for today's standards, but would sit right in with classic NES line up. There's a nostalgia gloss here, for sure, with the over-the-top story that drops in, sets the scene for chaos, then lets you go. Play with a controller. Or don't. It's your life.

I ended up setting it down because I was in the middle of another game, which is par for the course for me.
Sounds interesting. Odallus' barbaric conanesque/berserkesque setting is cool.
I feel ya, having a backlog with great games easily leads to dropping a game at the slightest occurence if boredem :/

Because absolution had it. Gunplay mechanics shouldn't be bad just because they want people to play stealth. Splinter Cell Blacklist is still the king of offering both Stealth and Action in worthwhile ways.
More games need to learn from it. There is a way to make everyone happy.
IMO MGS V is the best stealth-action game, in how seamless you can switch between play styles and how both are satisfying and fully-fleshed out

Blood Money let you go on ballistic rampages too, but the ideal way was always stealth. Absolution was an anomaly in so many ways and really shouldn't be the game to compare this new Hitman too

Ludens

Banned
What if Alan Wake's Return is a Quantum Break DLC to introduce the return of the character in an exclusive Win 10/XBox One game?

Blood Money let you go on ballistic rampages too, but the ideal way was always stealth. Absolution was an anomaly in so many ways and really shouldn't be the game to compare this new Hitman too

I still need to play other Hitman (well, I tried with Hitman 1 but it gave me motion sickness), but I really loved Absolution, the mission where you need to kill the Saints was amazing. Hard was ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ_jhw5TuxA

MUnited83

For you.
Hitman Beta Survey filled :D
I feel for the guy that has to read mine, I feel like I had college work where I wrote less than I did on this.

Ewwww. Let Hitman be Hitman, thank you very much.

Completely agree on a new Kane & Lynch though, I really want a new one.

Lain

NAh it was roughly 20 minutes for me. And i complained about AI mostly XD

Most of my complaints were about the A.I. too lol (and a request to add press to hold as an option to reign in all those keys for KB/M).
I had to stop explaining my picks at some points though because I just can't explain why I think the graphics are good other than, well, they look good to me. Or why stealth mechanics are essential for a stealth game XD.

Is that tag recent? I just noticed it. A Ron Jeremy tag to boot. Congrats are due.

alrighty, wishlisted

BTW, did it turn to be as good as people hoped for?

It's good, but it's not as good as what I was expecting, game-play wise. D3 spoiled me and I feel like Umbra will be my next disappointment (because not one of these diablo clones has been able to live up to the champ, no matter what anyone else has said), though I remain hopeful.

dex3108

Most of my complaints were about the A.I. too lol (and a request to add press to hold as an option to reign in all those keys for KB/M).
I had to stop explaining my picks at some points though because I just can't explain why I think the graphics are good other than, well, they look good to me. Or why stealth mechanics are essential for a stealth game XD.

Beside fixing AI from beta and making it better (read harder to bypass) i also think that game would benefit from partial or full randomization for enemies/guards. Or at least they could do few predefined behaviors that would trigger randomly.

HERE COMES THE SUN

CJ4JX4FZVCC523YA2TMALSKFLETKWUN4KXSGOXBOCA3RG3YMENSPCKM2ES7YILVOFTJ43C5LVGMTA

IT'S ALRIGHT

PokeMoon is missed opportunity XD

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A great game featuring the definitive assassin -- MB-4364E31CFF8950EF - Taken by Diedac. 33 entrants total.

t1456496531z1.png

anyone here put some time into Flame Over? I'm trying to figure out how long it takes to "finish" the game but HLTB doesn't have anything for it. Figured i'd try to see if anyone here played it as it's been pretty cheap on steam a few times

Dr Dogg

I must be midday Bundledrunk as I could have sworn I only had Trine 3 from the latest Humble. Turns out I owned half of them already :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need 100 or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Shan Gui -- MB-2AC9503229545B12 - Taken by texhnolyze
Always the same blue Sky -- MB-3B5FD29D10574446 - Taken by Knurek

That sweet Hitman temptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom