• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

There's going to be more Fallout 4 DLC in the season pass besides the first 3 announced right? $25 seems like a pretty good deal, even though I probably won't touch the construction stuff.

Mafia II sunk its hooks really deep into me. It's a ton of fun. Much more than GTA4 ever was honestly. The setting, writing, car handling, movement, everything is better than GTA4. Rockstar ought to take some lessons on how to actually make adult themes and writing.
fGiyT8K.png
UqFrN8I.png
jKOnqih.png
Very happy that winter is over now as the game shines, no pun intended.It's a really good looking game. Dated sure but still impressive for me to stop every now and then to soak the immersive world and take some screens. Physics and destruction in particular are used in a great way to vastly improve the enjoyment in driving and combat.
One aspect that surprised me is the foliage. It is surprisingly very good looking, even to this day. As are the effects of speed.
Finally got my hands on a passable sports-car and promptly pimped not only the rims but also my own style :) Oh, I also met Hitler's fat American cousin.
Hey, it's my birthday too. And all I wanted was to play SUPERHOT. AND THAT ISN'T HAPPENING UNTIL THEY RELEASE IT.

(._. )
I don't think he wants to make a big deal of it because of the whole signal to noise thing, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRIEF.EXE!
Happy birthday to you Volcynika and Grief.exe as well. Also, (late) welcome back from the ban Grief.

just got it
how long does a steam refund take :x

for the actual refund process?...not really that long

if you used Steam Wallet funds you'll get them back as "pending" then it'll switch to normal after like a couple days

if you used a card/PayPal then it would be up to whatever their timeframe is

Stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-47FA818881384DD8 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Outlast -- MB-76178ABFB5DBE6A4 - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.

t1456443133z1.png

Uzzy

Two close fought rounds against an Italian Ryu, followed by a final round of unplayably laggy garbage. Thanks Capcom, that's really quite infuriating.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Has anybody else ever played Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

I was enjoying it, but then I managed to end up overleveled (did the desert first, now in the Rathir area) and now I feel I need to skip sidequests and stuff so the rest of the game isn't boring.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Has anybody else ever played Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning?

I was enjoying it, but then I managed to end up overleveled (did the desert first, now in the Rathir area) and now I feel I need to skip sidequests and stuff so the rest of the game isn't boring.

That's a fairly common problem players run into. There's way too many quests and the world doesn't scale properly with you, so you can end up overpowered very quickly. I'd recommend holding off on sidequest stuff until you start running into harder encounters again, then picking and choosing what sidequests you'd like to do rather than soak up every single one.

zkylon

zkylewd
the guys from paradox told me i should keep my extra copy of eternity so if customs doesn't steal it i should have two

that's pretty cool, now i'll have two obsidian shirts heh

i wish i could've asked them for a smaller size tho, americans are so much larger than me lol

Corpekata

Banned
With Amalur I'd only do the major sidequests. So like the ones in the DLC areas, the ones with the factions. Not only are they the best quests, but it should be enough to keep you at a decent level too.

Plasmid

So i downloaded ROTR again today, transferred the steamapps file to another drive.

I installed it by putting it on my SSD common folder and putting the app manifest file into steamapps.

Even after all this it still is trying to verify 8GB of game cache files.

What is the deal? This has NEVER happened to me with steam. I'm going to chalk it up to ROTR being a terrible release, still im super upset because what i have gotten to play is GORGEOUS.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
found what looks like a Cheat Engine based Amalur mod that let's you alter like enemy damage, heal rates, and XP gain

I'm kind of happy with how the game plays on Hard except for the XP gain, so i might try that and see if I can just slow down the leveling some.

It seems that The Witcher 3 just got its first price drop recently (last week?).
It's $50 now and is on sale for 40% off on GOG. Well, it's the same price as the usual 50% off but it'll be cheaper later when it hits 50% off or more.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Happy birthday to everyone who is having one today.
Belated happy birthday to those that had it before and I had no time to offer good wishes.
Early happy birthday to those that will have a birthday in the future.
Happy production day to anyone constructed.

There, that should cover everyone.

Okay, now to dive into some shoot-em-ups since all these greenlights,releases, and free versions have made it shmup celebration day.

chronomac

Yo
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nuclear Dawn -- MB-2CE128E5CF4DD4D7 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.

t1456446912z1.png

Happy birthday to everyone who is having one today.
Belated happy birthday to those that had it before and I had no time to offer good wishes.
Early happy birthday to those that will have a birthday in the future.
Happy production day to anyone constructed.

There, that should cover everyone.

What he said

yes

speaking of which
okay, since my steam refund wont go through yet, I'll get started on my surplus of homework I'm falling behind on
*steam accepts the refund right as I open my CS homework page*
hahaha whats school
Sounds good, I'll be home in the next hour or so. That's what I'm playing when I get home.

zkylon

zkylewd
superbunnyhop's review kind of killed whatever interest i had in that game

will prolly give it a shot if it's cheap on sale but for now it's supernot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom