• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
i didn't find a single hidden room in the swapper. Hell, i finished the whole game and got zero achievements.

Didn't affect me but i didn't even think that was possible

They are VERY hidden. Without a guide it's basically impossible find them, I think I found the first one just because I was curious to see where the secret was, and well, I remember that area looked like a glitch (the way you reach it).

Make trash, sell trash.

It wouldn't have sold well anyway. As an anime that doesn't have a huge following and has never been extermely popular in the US, at least, it didn't strike me as the game that was going to be a coming out party for the anime musou genre on PC. Hell, that 72k is probably greatly augmented by the fact that had that price mistake in the NZ/Australia store.

Dark Souls, which many claim is a "shit tier port", on the other hand...

VpYLVrG.png

giphy.gif

losing all my masters, not sure I can be arsed to level a bunch of newbies up again if it goes completely down the drain >_<

hey at least theres a bunch of new slots for more people to die! dont even know who im missing now tbh

That seems fitting for Ningen, if you know him well...

I hope there is a deal on DS3 before launch. I don't know if I can give up $60 for a single game.....

RIP Nuuvem

Well, it's currently $48 with their standard 20% off code.
I think it was on CDkeys for $36 or so, if you're willing to go that route.

i didn't find a single hidden room in the swapper. Hell, i finished the whole game and got zero achievements.

Didn't affect me but i didn't even think that was possible

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the achievements. There was a few I might've stumbled on in natural play, but a guide was definitely needed for me to find them all.

Ucchedav&#257;da;194132463 said:
I didn't find a single hidden room either in my play-through, either, nor did I get any achievements. Apparently all achievements are for the hidden rooms, which explains that.

If you find any achievements without a guide, you are either lucky or a savant.

EpJbczz.png

Finished a co-op playthrough of Divinity: OS. Awesome game, highly recommend playing it if you haven't. Just make sure that you mute it if you're in combat near a NPC. Also,
develop your homestead.

Wok

It's an interesting software package and obviously a bit more complex than Idle Master. They're building a SteamKit instance of Steam rather than relying on the client to determine their "in-game" status. Because of this, it's capable of idling games from multiple accounts at the same time, which is a nice bonus for some people (judging by the number of folks that have emailed me asking if Idle Master can do this). It looks like it also has standard "steam-bot" capabilities where you can easily trade between your alts and easily funnel your cards back to your primary account.

I've not used the software so I can't comment on how well it works. Idle Master has always been a "it's good enough for me, and you might get some use out of it too" kind of software. I do have multiple Steam accounts but I don't redeem my extra games to my alt accounts or anything, I really just use them to test different functionality in Enhanced Steam - for example, "what happens on this page if I own less than 1,000 games?" so that's what I use my alt accounts for.

Obviously, one of the things everyone is worried about with Idle Master is "can Valve detect that I'm doing this?" And while it might be possible for them to determine that you're using Idle Master (based on things like how it switches games, average time per game based on it's card drop rate, etc) it would be significantly easier for Valve to detect something like this other program because from their server-side backend they can literally see you and all of your alt accounts connecting from the same IP, and they can easily track all the trades funneling back to your main account. It seems pretty obvious that they don't care about such things, but it is something to keep in mind when using automation software like this. There were several changes I wanted to make to Idle Master to make it more automated, but ultimately decided against it because I felt it made the system too automated and thus much easier for Valve to detect.

Of course, if you connect to a VAC enabled server while either program is running, Valve can see things like what processes are running in memory and can easily detect if you're running Idle Master or the other program (or any program, really) so that's why I don't recommend doing that. Again, it doesn't seem like Valve cares - so I'd say use the best tool for the job that fits your individual needs the best.

The trade capabilities are what would get me worried with this kind of tool. What is preventing someone to initiate a trade from one account to another? Or does it only work locally?

MUnited83

For you.
It wouldn't have sold well anyway. As an anime that doesn't have a huge following and has never been extermely popular in the US, at least, it didn't strike me as the game that was going to be a coming out party for the anime musou genre on PC. Hell, that 72k is probably greatly augmented by the fact that had that price mistake in the NZ/Australia store.

Dark Souls, which many claim is a "shit tier port", on the other hand...

You mean the port that was fixed by modders before getting decent traction?

ExoSoul

Banned
M4yskXI.png

your death was funny at least. it was a boss run, the run itself was fine, but the boss went terribly wrong, everyone started dying and you were the last one alive, and because of how youre setup as a healing sniper, you had no melee skills at all, so it was you alive in the far right spot, with no skills to use. So since it was a wipe, I tried to at least get you out alive, I retreated from the boss, but as soon as you got out of the room, you had a heart attack and died lol >_<

its me. its like xcom, you can rename your dudes

WOOOO! I'll make you proud!
Dead on the first dungeon

Doomedfool

All these pictures of Darkest Dungeon make me wish I had bought a copy when I still had the money. I can't get away from them either. Been playing Marvel Heroes lately, and there are pictures of it in that thread too. lol

$36 is tempting, but ehhhhh. I'll wait a bit longer though if GMG has a better coupon coming out.

My bad -- looks like $33 actually at the moment; maybe less if you can get that 5% "like us on facebook" voucher to work... that'd be around $31.50, I guess?

All these pictures of Darkest Dungeon make me wish I had bought a copy when I still had the money. I can't get away from them either. Been playing Marvel Heroes lately, and there are pictures of it in that thread too. lol

Since Rhaknar is playing it, of course there are pictures in that thread, as I'm sure he named some of his party after regulars in that thread as well. That's his default home on GAF, I think. ;)

accel

Thanks for the explanation, I'm ok with Idlemaster, but I was curious on how this software works.

FWIW, I used the program you linked - not because I needed to farm or more than one account, but rather because unlike with IdleMaster, I could use it from console with no Steam instances running (useful on a headless machine) - it works. When one of the changes to Steam broke it, it was updated. I am not going to use it in the future though, as it has too much functionality that I don't need, so I just looked into what it takes to connect to Steam programmatically and wrote my own, much smaller, tool.

MUnited83

For you.
Goes to check Dragon Age Origins Promotional Pack, marked as *free*

*requires you to buy 5€ worth of useless Bioware shitpoints*

Triple-Facepalm-Meme-08.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For those looking forward to XCOM 2, it will be unlocking in AU and NZ first, in roughly 1 day, 1 hour and 8 minutes. VyprVPN is probably your best if you're in need of a free VPN service that offers a server in AU or NZ, but there is a 500MB limit to be mindful of, so definitely do not try to download the game while connected.

Teggy

Hey Stump, does ModBot keep historical data? It would be interesting to see how users have fared in giveaways over time
mostly because I have never won a giveaway and am curious how bad my luck is :(

Endruen

I'm inclined to say skip the achievements completely.

Like others have said, don't feel too ashamed about using a walkthrough, but give the puzzles time before you do. Sometimes messing up a dozen times makes the way through clearer.
Well, just saying in case you wanted. In my case after being at the verge of beating it I googled what the achievements where for and with the walkthrough I found the hidden rooms.
And trust me, I invested a loooooooot of time in the puzzles before using the walkthrough, also, it was just in a couple of them. I don't feel ashamed in the slightest.

2016 so far is the year of sequels coming out reminding me to play their prequels instead. Xcom 2 reminds me that i need to do an Enemy Within playthrough, the witness reminds me that i need to actually check out Braid, Dark Souls 3 reminds me that Dark Souls 2 is now part of my backlog, etc.

being 2-6 years behind really is a bit of a pain at times

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hello my steam friends. I have been recovering from surgery and feel like shit. any interesting shit happen in past 4 days?

Volimar

For those looking forward to XCOM 2, it will be unlocking in AU and NZ first, in roughly 1 day, 1 hour and 8 minutes. VyprVPN is probably your best if you're in need of a free VPN service that offers a server in AU or NZ, but there is a 500MB limit to be mindful of, so definitely do not try to download the game while connected.

I just want ample time to preload.

liezryou

Need your help again steam bros. I ordered xcom 2 from funstock 5 days ago but it's been stuck in "internal processing". I contacted support twice during this time period and each time they told me it will take 24 hours max. So yeah got a refund and now need another cheap place to buy xcom 2. Pls halp

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The trade capabilities are what would get me worried with this kind of tool. What is preventing someone to initiate a trade from one account to another? Or does it only work locally?

I'll preface this with: I've not really looked through the source code and can't vouch for this program's safety or ability to deliver on it's promises.

That being said, my understanding of how it works is that you enter your individual account details in different files, and the bot software is capable of automating the trade of items between those accounts. It looks like you set up a "master" account, and every other account you configure can trade items directly to or from those accounts and the master account. Trades like this can't happen locally, they're all happening on Steam's servers but this just automates the Send Trade Offer -> Accept Trade Offer side that's done on each account.

Obviously you'd want to double-check the source code (and optionally compile it from said source) to make sure it wasn't written in a nefarious way that trades your cards or other items away to someone else's account, because that's certainly possible. There seems to be enough people using this program that it's unlikely, but just like Idle Master or anything else you'll want to make sure to get it from official sources.

Pachimari

Strange things are happening to my browser. I got no Quick Reply on GAF anymore, and I can't upload images to Imgur either now. Weird.

JaseC

I just want ample time to preload.

I honestly don't think 2K has scheduled a pre-load and instead Valve will change the release state to preloadonly when the game unlocks in AU/NZ, in which case you'll only have the difference between the AU/NZ unlock time and your unlock time to pre-load.

Sch1sm

Need your help again steam bros. I ordered xcom 2 from funstock 5 days ago but it's been stuck in "internal processing". I contacted support twice during this time period and each time they told me it will take 24 hours max. So yeah got a refund and now need another cheap place to buy xcom 2. Pls halp

Pretty sure GMG's 27 percent off code for it expired on the 1st. RIP.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
BundleStars MVP Bundle

Get ready for the Super Bowl with an all-star line-up of 8 super sports games for only $2.49 - saving you 98% off the normal price for a limited time!

Out of the Park Baseball 15
Axis Football 2015
Super Snow Fight
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe VR
Soccertron
Mad Snowboarding
World of Mixed Martial Arts 3
Bowl Bound College Football

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/mvp-bundle

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

JaseC

Well, ok, I don't think Steam has region lock, though.

XCOM 2 has heavily region-locked retail subs for Asia, Brazil, India, Eastern Europe and China, so he wants to avoid potentially finding himself with a virtually useless key by purchasing the game directly from the Steam Store, where the game isn't region-locked (Valve's default measures aside).

Endruen

XCOM 2 has heavily region-locked retail subs for Asia, Brazil, India, Eastern Europe and China, so he wants to avoid potentially finding himself with a virtually useless key by purchasing the game directly from the Steam Store, where the game isn't region-locked (Valve's default measures aside).
Oh, I didn't know about it. I guess that being from western Europe and buying only on Steam and Humble Bundle gives me no worries on the matter XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom