• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Nothing really works in my Chrome anymore. NeoGAF++ extension doesn't work. I can't upload to Imgur. And now I can't add anything to my basket on GMG either. Should I reinstall Chrome?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I did a double take because I thought this was a upskirt shot for a second

large-4-640x350.jpg

Uzzy

I'll wait for the Hitler video reacting to this game.

In other news, BBC Three showed an interesting documentary on esports yesterday, The Supergamers. It follows three young Brits at different stages in their careers, and focuses on what it actually takes to be a pro. That's an iplayer link, so it probably won't work if you're outside the UK, unless you're being naughty and stealing our glorious Beeb.

yo straight up fuck molyneux, in the store page for GODUS WARS it says "if there is a problem please let us know" or something... but if you go to the steam discussion it's locked to people who own the game.. so if the game doesn't appear in your library then you can't ask about it because they won't let you post

That's probably just an oversight. (probably)

Did his "press exile" even last three months?

To be fair, it was a "golden press exile"

And 80's nostalgia just jumped the shark.

Teggy

That's pretty cool that XCOM2 is SteamPlay on release, although I guess that just means they are using the same engine as last time.

EDIT: 29.5 GB yowza

Wok

Apparently, people have been watching gameplay of Firewatch on streaming websites like Twitch, and the game contains lots of swearing.

Phinor

preloading would be fine if it didn't have that whole lengthy decryption process

at least you dont need to have double the memory anymore

You still have to have double for at least some games and good luck knowing what games those are before the decryption begins. Rise of the Tomb Raider for example couldn't unlock with 18 gigabytes free and the whole game is less than 19GB.

I wonder though, how hard is it to bypass Uplay decryption? Or is it just a missing executable? Unlocking a game in Uplay takes basically less than a second, regardless of game size.

Apparently, people have been watching gameplay of Firewatch on streaming websites like Twitch, and the game contains lots of swearing.

Ok?

--

Hmmmm....

> "Win" a promise of Rise of the Tomb Raider from a modbot giveaway
> Buy a 970, promotion is just AC:S/R6:S uPlay key, nothing I actually want
> Rise of Tomb Raider NVidia codes surface, people asking $20-$30, buy one cause I doubt that my promissory note for a free copy is going to be worthless
> ASUS promo thing surfaces, get codes for Batman: Arkham Knight -and- Rise of the Tomb Raider (using workaround)
> ????
> Profit.

brau

Is the context appropriate?

I dunno why, but swearing in dialogue to me usually ends up being lazy writing. Obviously there is a place for it but when people use it frequently its just no good.

I am excited for Firewatch. Are there any reviews yet?

Knurek

My gaming purchases for February:

header.jpg

rootbvxyl.jpg

I regret nothing.
(Well, those above and some good $1 tier bundles if Humble/Bundlestars deliver)

Ozium

wtf now the store page for godus wars says it's in my library

it's not in my library

edit: I hit play now on store page on the website and it did some checking for steam game updates and now it's in my library

THANK YOU BASED PETER

Is the context appropriate?

I dunno why, but swearing in dialogue to me usually ends up being lazy writing. Obviously there is a place for it but when people use it frequently its just no good.

I am excited for Firewatch. Are there any reviews yet?

Probably depends on the "character". Personally, I tend to curse a lot when I'm just talking with my friends and don't need to have a "filter" on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Seems kinda unfitting for that game, well, what we saw of it earlier.

somone alone in the woods

"fucking trees all look the same im fucking lost man, piece of shit fire wont start, man FUCK these soggy branches, OH FUCK IS THAT A WOLF?"

seems pretty realistic to me

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1178513.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Spellweaver Gold -- MB-FEB6082D960EDC2B - Taken by longlivegaming

somone alone in the woods

"fucking trees all look the same im fucking lost man, piece of shit fire wont start, man FUCK these soggy branches, OH FUCK IS THAT A WOLF?"

seems pretty realistic to me

I'm pretty sure that's what I'd be saying if I were the main character in Firewatch.

> Buy a 970, promotion is just AC:S/R6:S uPlay key, nothing I actually want

So, are you just sitting on that R6:Siege uPlay key?

I'm assuming Undertale fans have seen these, but here some official merchandise. The "we're totally not Amiibos" amiibos look pretty decent.

The sticker set looks pretty cool, but if I was in the market to buy stickers, I would've jumped on the vintage David Lee Roth one I found on Etsy earlier.

So, are you just sitting on that R6:Siege uPlay key?

I'm assuming Undertale fans have seen these, but here some official merchandise. The "we're totally not Amiibos" amiibos look pretty decent.

The sticker set looks pretty cool, but if I was in the market to buy stickers, I would've jumped on the vintage David Lee Roth one I found on Etsy earlier.

Nah, I got rid of it months ago, it expired already, I think... I want to say it was by the end of 2015.

brau

Probably depends on the "character". Personally, I tend to curse a lot when I'm just talking with my friends and don't need to have a "filter" on.

Watching some of the gameplay stuff... so far nothing seems to stand out to me. All seems very natural and casual.

I think i'll stop now. Don't want to spoil too much. Im excited to play through this.

Campo Santo really doing an awesome job with the art. I love the look of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom