• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE5 is at its best in Mercenaries. It scratches that same itch that RE4's Mercenaries did, only with worse controls, characters, and enemies. But still fun.

We're fortunate it's not RE6's Mercenaries mode, which continued the RE6 trademark of destroying everything good about the franchise.

MUnited83

For you.
Was this posted already?

OhHVk8a.png

https://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/405690850600936914

I'm completely and utterly shocked.

dot

RE5 is at its best in Mercenaries. It scratches that same itch that RE4's Mercenaries did, only with worse controls, characters, and enemies. But still fun.

We're fortunate it's not RE6's Mercenaries mode, which continued the RE6 trademark of destroying everything good about the franchise.

What? RE6 Mercenaries was amazing.

SSPssp

My card backlog is getting pretty bad already at 66 cards and 17 games but of course that is somewhat manageable unlike the 7000+ card drops remaining screenshot JaseC posted :(...wait here it is:

17 games is okay, you can knock that out this week easy. But that pic is horrifying! JaseC should get back on it, he could totally finish idling all those in a 2-3 months assuming he or the guy who won access don't play anything.

Then he can use all that card money to buy more +1s!

My card backlog is getting pretty bad already at 66 cards and 17 games but of course that is somewhat manageable unlike the 7000+ card drops remaining screenshot JaseC posted :(...wait here it is:

Wait, what? Firefall has cards? Isn't it a free to play game?
I remember anticipating the game back then. Played from the closed beta to open beta. It's a disappointing game in the end though.

Endruen

Well, 7000+ cards means 350$ in case they're all 0.05$ worth (which surely aren't). That's a lot of money.

XCOM 2 alone is an overwhelming February release.

And it's so close now!
Dude, what are you talking about? RE6's combat is exactly why it's so good, it really shines in Mercs, especially on No Mercy.

Does RE6 play a lot better with a controller or something? It only ever seemed awkward to me. Unlike RE4 or even RE5, there wasn't a single time where the sluggish controls worked in its advantage.

Pachimari

Now I can't even translate currencies on XE. Something must be wrong with my flash player or I don't know. Very frustrating huhu.

Smash88

Banned
February is ridiculous for me ;_;

XCOM 2
Firewatch
Dying Light DLC
Pillars of Eternity DLC
Hitman Beta
Danganronpa
Superhot
Walking Dead Michone

I hope Superhot is $20 like Firewatch I might buy it, such a great price point.

Their website says $14 USD (which is like $20 CDN), so I hope it's the same on Steam.

ArjanN

I'll take your word for it. I couldn't bear to play it for very long, saddled with RE6's combat engine and enemies.

Eh, both of those are better than RE5 though.

Does RE6 play a lot better with a controller or something? It only ever seemed awkward to me. Unlike RE4 or even RE5, there wasn't a single time where the sluggish controls worked in its advantage.

There's just more to it, and it's not explained very well in-game.

Arthea

17 games is okay, you can knock that out this week easy. But that pic is horrifying! JaseC should get back on it, he could totally finish idling all those in a 2-3 months assuming he or the guy who won access don't play anything.

Then he can use all that card money to buy more +1s!

something is not right with your math
at current card drop rate it'd take him more than half a year of constant non stop idling to get all cards, that's why he doesn't bother anymore.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
February is ridiculous for me ;_;

Walking Dead Michone

Have we heard anything else about this in the last few months? Their website still just has the trailer and no Steam store page yet.

EDIT: oh, next week huh? Cool I guess, although I have no idea who Michonne is or why I should care.

AHA-Lambda

I hope Superhot is $20 like Firewatch I might buy it, such a great price point.

Their website says $14 USD (which is like $20 CDN), so I hope it's the same on Steam.

Just get it from their website then, it gets you a Steam key

Have we heard anything else about this in the last few months? Their website still just has the trailer and no Steam store page yet.

Well I'm assuming that release window still holds, you know what TT are like they tend to announce something the week before it goes up

SSPssp

something is not right with your math
at current card drop rate it'd take him more than half a year of constant non stop idling to get all cards, that's why he doesn't bother anymore.

Has he refunded a game? I thought he would never do that?

Arthea

Has he refunded a game? I thought he would never do that?

I never refunded, I don't wait two hours, I had 0 cards to idle right before sale, now I have something like 300, and I idle some almost daily.
It's lost cause, card drop rates are atrocious comparing to what used to be.

XCOM 2 alone is an overwhelming February release.

And it's so close now!

Never tried it with mouse/kb. Maybe watch a video of high level play, learn the moves and go back to it.
And trust me, this isn't a rare opinion, everyone who took the time to learn it will tell you this, I thought it sucked too at first and the campaign is indeed (mostly) crap but the core gameplay is fantastic.

EDIT: oh, next week huh? Cool I guess, although I have no idea who Michonne is or why I should care.

Michonne is basically a Shadowrun Street Samurai, but in the post-apocalyptic 21st Century. Complete with a katana.

The Walking Dead TV series is weird. (and I guess the comic, assuming she's in it?)
Never tried it with mouse/kb. Maybe watch a video of high level play, learn the moves and go back to it.
And trust me, this isn't a rare opinion, everyone who took the time to learn it will tell you this, I thought it sucked too at first and the campaign is indeed (mostly) crap but the core gameplay is fantastic.

Maybe one day.

Though I'd sooner replay RE4 than reinstall RE6.

Been at the last boss for MGS 3D for a week now. The game controls like such ass I welcome the cutscenes.

Hey Stump, does ModBot keep historical data? It would be interesting to see how users have fared in giveaways over time
mostly because I have never won a giveaway and am curious how bad my luck is :(

Fun fact that does not apply to you. Posters who have won so many games from ModBot are secretly ineligible to win any more games unless they give away a game first. Then they must give away another to win another and so on.

Just to be clear, by adult mods you mean things like having a job and paying bills and taxes, right?

Yes, let us go with that definition.

I remember the first time I fought Piety, a boss from the Act 3 of Path of Exile. She was very annoying and if you didn't have the elemental resistances capped at max you could just be wrecked. So today I finally fought she again, I don't know what happened in those two years I didn't played but the fight was a cakewalk, basically just tanked her with my Witch, a non planned build just using the items I've found in my journey.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I remember the first time I fought Piety, a boss from the Act 3 of Path of Exile. She was very annoying and if you didn't have the elemental resistances capped at max you could just be wrecked. So today I finally fought she again, I don't know what happened in those two years I didn't played but the fight was a cakewalk, basically just tanked her with my Witch, a non planned build just using the items I've found in my journey.

Power creep is a dangerous thing

Teggy

Fun fact that does not apply to you. Posters who have won so many games from ModBot are secretly ineligible to win any more games unless they give away a game first. Then they must give away another to win another and so on.

How is that a secret if you just posted it?????????

yuraya

Been at the last boss for MGS 3D for a week now. The game controls like such ass I welcome the cutscenes.

I remember beating Snake Eater on extreme difficulty. By the time you reach the end of that game you have no heals, no ammunition for any of your weapons and a very small healthbar. The last few hours of that game from Groznyj Grad to the end was such an excruciating experience. I needed like several tries to beat all areas taking me so long. It was so freaking good. Best game ever made.

Tomb Raider XO vs PC
Hair looks weird in the PC shot. But cool to see future-proofing. Stuff like this is what I mean by saying one of PC's big advantages being, getting "remasters" for free*.
AMD leaked a 32-core (64 thread) xen cpu

If they can get it to 14nm, it will be at least interesting to see how their new CPU architecture is vs Intel.

AMD having to use 28nm for so long has really hurt them.
Meanwhile I'm surprised 8-core is still not looking to become mainstream soon. I falsely believed Skylake bringing 6/8 cores more to the forefront.

SSPssp

I never refunded, I don't wait two hours, I had 0 cards to idle right before sale, now I have something like 300, and I idle some almost daily.
It's lost cause, card drop rates are atrocious comparing to what used to be.

Oh thats too bad then. :(

ExoSoul

Banned
im fucking loving how colorful you can make the xcom dudes this time around. the new customization is ridiculous, im going to lose hours (no joke) with that

And this time you can save them so you don't have to waste hours on further playthroughs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom