• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
In a way, D4 was Life is Strange before Life is Strange existed.

Spoilers comparing a core premise of both games:
David Young ends up with the power to go back in time and "investigate the past" after experiencing a tragic and life changing event, possibly changing the future along the way by diving into special objects called mementos. He even gets nosebleeds from using this special power implying it may cause him physical harm to do so.
Max Caulfield ends up with the power to go back in time and "fix the past" after experiencing a tragic and life changing event, with the goal of changing the future and "fix the past" by diving into her old photographs. She even gets nosebleeds from using this special power implying it causes her physical harm to do so.
I'm sold

Dr Dogg

For the record, my April thread's title was changed from sentence case to lower case.

And I approve of how the merger was handled because it upsets the most amount of people. You know MrOrange is still punching the same hole in the wall being stuck with this title format.

I'm waiting for a crazy camel case thread titles that is not only coherent but contains a secondary message. Then the Steam thread can go out on a high before it jumps the shark.

So Square Enix is doing Steam key giveaway on RotTR stream but giveaway is US/UK/Canada only for some reason.

No divided countries allowed. Well them and UAE I guess.

Lain

All Caps STEAM doesn't even make sense. Steam is spelled as Steam everywhere, why were there caps?

So we can feel more like SONY.

-

Finding Teddy 2 sits in a weird spot with me.

I like the pixel work in it but I don't like how there is no map.
I like the controls but I don't like that you can't rebind keys.
I like the music but I don't like that there is hardly any music.

The game itself is also weird. At the start I was thrown a long explanation of past events, but as I play I'm not really getting information or explanations.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm waiting for a crazy camel case thread titles that is not only coherent but contains a secondary message. Then the Steam thread can go out on a high before it jumps the shark.

I think that thread title is going to require at least three Visual Novel titles and a Guilty Gear to get made.

So we can feel more like SONY.

I actually didn't care before, but now I need the thread titles to be sentence case.

David Young used to work for the BPD!
His apartment, where a good chunk of the game is spent, is located in "Thompsonville, MA".

Here is David performing what I can only describe as some sort of strange Bostonian eating ritual:
3431E890FD7A814C0B8A21097F926C459FB4CCE6

That Charlie Chaplin throwback reference tho

tumblr_n0btv4OShq1somk22o2_500.gif

Durante

Looking at the footage doesn't seem like he paid enough attention a lot of times. I thought the tutorials were pretty good and quite a bit of the environmental help is straight forward. With that said, I agree, that it's dense and can be tiring and fustrating.
I'd make an argument that almost anything done to make it less "tiring and frustrating" for some would make it less involving and interesting for others.

Parsnip

When using VPN to unlock a game (as in, XCOM2), will the game remain unlocked if I turn the VPN off? Or do I need to keep the VPN on until the game is supposed to unlock for my timezone?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

You're implying that this thread didn't jump the shark years ago. I think we've gotten past a lot of that though and are currently riding out the lul in our own spin-off like Mork & Mindy. Exiled to the community tab. Still great, but not that many people see us as compared to the original. Arguably better in almost every way.

Adry9

Am I the only one who thinks that Frostbite 3 engine's characters animations are really bad? (unlike environments, which are generally great looking).

For example, Faith from Catalyst now looks like some sort of (emo) robot:

wdfVFSL.gif

Same thing happened to SW Battlefront:

CSib2szUEAEcxcB.jpg

Or, perhaps they just look bad on the trailers?

Yeah, I just played RotTR and they are like night and day.

You're implying that this thread didn't jump the shark years ago. I think we've gotten past a lot of that though and are currently riding out the lul in our own spin-off like Mork & Mindy. Exiled to the community tab. Still great, but not that many people see us as compared to the original. Arguably better in almost every way.

Some of the posters this thread are like Itchy.
Other posters in this thread are like Scratchy.
And then you have the posters that are like Poochie.

Looking at the footage doesn't seem like he paid enough attention a lot of times. I thought the tutorials were pretty good and quite a bit of the environmental help is straight forward. With that said, I agree, that it's dense and can be tiring and fustrating.

I only used a guide for the sound ones as I just dont get them and I dont feel ashamed, maybe I am tone deaf. The rest was pretty straight forward, some can be hard but that is the point.

I'd make an argument that almost anything done to make it less "tiring and frustrating" for some would make it less involving and interesting for others.

I see your point. This is a puzzle game. Frustrations are kinda expected. Also are thinking out of the box/experimenting and observing, which seems like he didn't do and just bruteforced it. I just think something like Fez did pacing better.

I also disagree with him about the lack of story payoff being a con. The payoffs were the "aha" moments and that you overcame the challenge, solved a section. Maybe some music would have been nice here and there, but I don't know, in my case it was line puzzle after line puzzle in certain sections that was a tad much.

Anyway, will you be watching the UE4 stream, which will start in 10 mins? They'll talk about VR. Probably a built-in editor. Sweeney will be there.

http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

I only used a guide for the sound ones as I just dont get them and I dont feel ashamed, maybe I am tone deaf. The rest was pretty straight forward, some can be hard but that is the point.

I had some trouble with that as the
different tunes kept overlapping for me
. Was this intended or a bug, I don't know.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Humble Make Your Move Bundle

$1
Lux Delux
Shattered Planet
Frozen Synapse
Frozen Cortex

BTA:
The Last Federation
Reassembly

Chaos Reborn
Big Pharma

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
frozen cortex for a dollar? sure will do!

btw, frozen synapse is one of the best games ever that sadly never really found a big following, it's multiplayer is just amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom