• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endruen

Am I the only one who thinks that Frostbite 3 engine's characters animations are really bad? (unlike environments, which are generally great looking).

For example, Faith from Catalyst now looks like some sort of (emo) robot:

wdfVFSL.gif

Or, perhaps they just look bad on the trailers?
Ugggh...
She was so hot in the first one...

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-1EF32D0634176822 - Taken by gurm3n
Shattered Planet -- MB-D5AA36DCC38C84D3 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Dr Dogg

So I just created 2 new email addresses, enabled them to use Gmail via my host, set up security and 2 factor auth and moved over a couple of accounts and their respective security settings and auth in about 20 mins give or take. I spent almost this amount of time the other day changing my email, security and authorisation options on Steam alone without any other setup. It's really not graceful at all.

So much better that she's unplayable on PC.

What if EA did a Ubisoft and came back to Steam but had an DD Client Inception dealio with launching Origin through Steam. Still no?

Salsa

last week I went back to my film school to assist teach on a screenwriting course (they didnt pay me, which I found out later) and it was cool

reason im saying this is cause I hadnt written anything since they fucked me and a friend on a web series deal last year

BUT

I now wrote a short one act pitch on a Rocket League film cause I remembered that news about them selling film / TV rights

and I kinda dig it, man

Psyonix hire me

Dr Dogg

last week I went back to my film school to assist teach on a screenwriting course (they didnt pay me, which I found out later) and it was cool

reason im saying this is cause I hadnt written anything since they fucked me and a friend on a web series deal last year

BUT

I now wrote a short one act pitch on a Rocket League film cause I remembered that news about them selling film / TV rights

and I kinda dig it, man

Psyonix hire me

I bet Suarez is going to be the star in some weird Jason Staham, Transporter-esque role. I guess acting could be something he could get his teeth into.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Uzzy

What if EA did a Ubisoft and came back to Steam but had an DD Client Inception dealio with launching Origin through Steam. Still no?

If they offered DRM free games, or just games on Steam, then I'd consider it. But otherwise nope. EA are the fucking antichrist, and Origin is their daily hate being pumped into innocent unsuspecting computers.

Salsa

I bet Suarez is going to be the star in some weird Jason Staham, Transporter-esque role. I guess acting could be something he could get his teeth into.

it's a bit like rollerball, but the weird "movie-only" justification for it is that soccer collapsed over its player prices, deep corruption and injuries, and since in this future we can fuel cars for very cheap Rocket League became the most popular sport in the world

it's also like a very refined thing, not like a mad max redneck type derby thing

but the main character is obviously an underdog "been a fan of the sport since little" kinda thing

Dr Dogg

If they offered DRM free games, or just games on Steam, then I'd consider it. But otherwise nope. EA are the fucking antichrist, and Origin is their daily hate being pumped into innocent unsuspecting computers.

Sooo Origin is their Soylent Green made up of all the dead developers and studios they bought up and gutted?

it's a bit like rollerball, but the weird "movie-only" justification for it is that soccer collapsed over its player prices, deep corruption and injuries, and since in this future we can fuel cars for very cheap Rocket League became the most popular sport in the world

it's also like a very refined thing, not like a mad max redneck type derby thing

but the main character is obviously an underdog "been a fan of the sport since little" kinda thing

Since Rollerball in one of my favourite films (Jewison's mind not that bag of shite that came out in '02) this is an idea I can fully get behind.

zkylon

zkylewd
hope the sale is really bad, i'm just starting to play a lot more on na league server and need the money to buy skins there

Killed Dominus and I reached Act 4. The first part of the fight wasn't too hard, just having too deal with two groups of three mini bosses and the enemies the kept spawning.

Though after I killed him his second form caught me by surprise and the raining blood attack was bonkers until I understood how it worked. The attack will reach all the place and the only point safe is near Dominus, but what was my worst enemy was my old laptop, the rain effect made the FPS drop to single digits reaching, so it ended making avoid some attacks pretty difficult but in the end I killed him with 4 or 5 deaths under my belt, nothing bad.

So the sale has to start pretty soon, right? It doesn't make much sense to have so few weekly deals this week if the sale starts after Sunday.

Tomorrow at update time?

It will probably start tomorrow. Daily deal only has a 24 hour timer.

Glad to see someone's brain is switched to the "on" position. :D

Ctrl+F 'sale'

I approve of this post.

Damn.

$14.99 for a game I was gonna buy? Don't mind if I do.

jumped on that hitman code because even if it ends up stinking i can always sell the code.

Hope they honor this mistake

I'm just hoping it's not a trick to get us to drop $15 and then have it just be the first episodic pice that you can preorder for $15 on the Steam storefront...

AHA-Lambda

Shit! Can anyone help me out with Hitman?

I'm out right now and on mobile so I've no chance of grabbing it.
Will PayPal obv

That U.S. address coming in clutch.

I have a feeling that this is for the first "installment" alone, but guaranteed beta access and the pre-order bonus are nice too. Might as well try it out.

Seems legit, especially considering the list price and percentage discount. Something tells me we're only getting the "Intro Pack" with this though, considering the price.

Oh well - since it doesn't exactly say, I'm guessing I can get support to compensate when the time comes if needed.

I'm assuming full since it's marked down from $60, which is the base of the full game.

But who the hell knows.

Insta-preordered

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Throw in a de-evolved fungus King and you got yourself a movie.

Salsa

the best part of my Rocket League thing is that the in-game text chat of "What A Save!" and all that is an actual thing in the film, with pop-in visuals

imagine wachowski's Speed Racer as a visual reference

yo lets make this happen

MUnited83

For you.
I'm just hoping it's not a trick to get us to drop $15 and then have it just be the first episodic pice that you can preorder for $15 on the Steam storefront...

You only get charged on release I think. That, and Amazon would refund you anyways if it ended up being the first episode only. What's happening now on Amazon is listed as the full version discounted, and they will either honor that or refund, they won't screw people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom