• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example, Faith from Catalyst now looks like some sort of (emo) robot:

wdfVFSL.gif

looking good to me breh

bYH6eYD.gif

Wok

FS sold pretty well actually? It's FC that bombed hard (hence it's inclusion in a 1 dollar tier).

The fact that it is based on American football did not help to sell it to the rest of the world.

I mean... I would not buy it Bloodbowl, which sold very well and is supposedly good, because it is based on American football...

Warxard

Banned
Hey. I was interested in doing a thread listing popular free to play games on PC
and console too maybe
and discussing some of their monetization in regards to how close the games lean into the 'P2W' realm. Would anyone be up just to suggest popular/unknown F2P games to put in the thread?

Dr Dogg

You're implying that this thread didn't jump the shark years ago. I think we've gotten past a lot of that though and are currently riding out the lul in our own spin-off like Mork & Mindy. Exiled to the community tab. Still great, but not that many people see us as compared to the original. Arguably better in almost every way.

I'm in an undecided place if this thread has reached the point where the core writing team was in a transitionary period so we've been going through a bunch of clips shows or a couple of the main cast members moved on so they we're strangely absent for a few episodes before returning but replaced by a different actor but nobody says a thing about how Becky from Roseanne kept changing back and forth from one season to the next.

Hektor

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hektor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-654DAFE66BD8ADA8 - Taken by ExoSoul

Do play FS, it's awesome!

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Frozen Synapse -- MB-7207C490B09F11F2 - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.
Shattered Planet -- MB-B0312713CD7CB4B4 - Taken by Costa1774

t1454613849z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Could also be a chinese new year sale.

Whats kinda strange though, because the smaller sales like "doujin sales" or similar never skip weekend deals or even weeklong deals but this weeks weeklong deals seem so barren.

It's definitely a big sale, considering there's barely any weeklongs, no weekend deals, and even the daily deal today only goes for 24 hours instead of the usual 48.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's definitely a big sale, considering there's barely any weeklongs, no weekend deals, and even the daily deal today only goes for 24 hours instead of the usual 48.

The real question is: will Valve use this "surprise sale" to actually update features on the site? Or a meta game? Or are we getting more of the same ol "run through your discovery queue for cards" affair like the winter sale?

Or, more likely, nothing.

Ludens

Banned
But they're also giving away DLC and Season Pass. Though I wonder how they'll determine if the winner is actually in one of the eligible countries.

120 viewers, all from GAF!
In before when the stream ends, some GAF will post he won the base game, season pas, FFVIIR and FFXV too.

More Enter the Gungeon action

And isn't Valentine's day on the 14th? A random 1 week sale? Not that I would complain.

Gungeon looks good!

The real question is: will Valve use this "surprise sale" to actually update features on the site? Or a meta game? Or are we getting more of the same ol "run through your discovery queue for cards" affair like the winter sale?

I kinda hope its nothing. It was nice to not have to deal with meta games that sucked away time better spent playing actual games.

But they're also giving away DLC and Season Pass. Though I wonder how they'll determine if the winner is actually in one of the eligible countries.

bah, twitch chat won't load for me.

Or Carnival/Mardi Gras sale?

Is there a way to see what steam key you used to unlock a game?

I don't think so; not anymore. Maybe possible with some magic from enhanced steam or something.

You can view CD keys for games which have the key popup when you first play them. Just right-click on the game in detailed view and view key is one of the options.

Teggy

I don't think so; not anymore. Maybe possible with some magic from enhanced steam or something.

You can view CD keys for games which have the key popup when you first play them. Just right-click on the game in detailed view and view key is one of the options.

Hm, ok. I have a copy of Neon Struct that I can give away if I can prove I haven't used it yet. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out which bundles it's been in. Maybe I have gotten it twice.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I have a totally empty discovery queue (because I went through it when they first launched the service and so now every day I just need to go through one run of the queue to catch up) so the sale was pretty weird for me because I just clicked a button to get 3 cards.

So the sale has to start pretty soon, right? It doesn't make much sense to have so few weekly deals this week if the sale starts after Sunday.

Nabs

So we can feel more like SONY.

-

Finding Teddy 2 sits in a weird spot with me.

I like the pixel work in it but I don't like how there is no map.
I like the controls but I don't like that you can't rebind keys.
I like the music but I don't like that there is hardly any music.

The game itself is also weird. At the start I was thrown a long explanation of past events, but as I play I'm not really getting information or explanations.

It's one of the tougher games to write about. I usually feel strongly about games I play, but this one just kinda of sits there. It's not great, but it's not bad. I guess it just sits right in the middle for me.

I can say that the combat gets boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom