• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

the best part of my Rocket League thing is that the in-game text chat of "What A Save!" and all that is an actual thing in the film, with pop-in visuals

imagine wachowski's Speed Racer as a visual reference

yo lets make this happen

The orginal Speed Racer is an anime (Pre-Wachowski), just saying. :p

I'm just hoping it's not a trick to get us to drop $15 and then have it just be the first episodic pice that you can preorder for $15 on the Steam storefront...

the full price is listed as $60 and it's listed next to $60 copies of the console games so it appears to be the full version of the game.

If it ends up being an error i'll either cancel my preorder or ask for a refund. no biggie

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
the best part of my Rocket League thing is that the in-game text chat of "What A Save!" and all that is an actual thing in the film, with pop-in visuals

imagine wachowski's Speed Racer as a visual reference

yo lets make this happen
I used a similar device in my NicoNico movie adaption. You'll be hearing from my lawyers shortly.

New Vegas with mods is such a better game. I'm going through now with the Outside Bets restored content mod, and me, Boone and Veronica rolled up on Nelson to rescue some NCR troopers while being backed by a bunch of soldiers who never appeared before. Stormed the place like it was Omaha Beach and rescued everyone.

This game never fails at doling out memorable moments.

Salsa

The orginal Speed Racer is an anime (Pre-Wachowski), just saying. :p

yeah guy, im saying imagine the 08 film to get a visual reference cause that was very unlike the original series but super cool

who do you think I am

I guess something like the Scott Pilgrim film, too

Jazz573

yeah guy, im saying imagine the 08 film to get a visual reference cause that was very unlike the original series but super cool

who do you think I am

I guess something like the Scott Pilgrim film, too

I know, I'm just teasing you because I know how much you hate anime. :p

Killed Dominus and I reached Act 4. The first part of the fight wasn't too hard, just having too deal with two groups of three mini bosses and the enemies the kept spawning.

Though after I killed him his second form caught me by surprise and the raining blood attack was bonkers until I understood how it worked. The attack will reach all the place and the only point safe is near Dominus, but what was my worst enemy was my old laptop, the rain effect made the FPS drop to single digits reaching, so it ended making avoid some attacks pretty difficult but in the end I killed him with 4 or 5 deaths under my belt, nothing bad.

I feel you on the FPS, I play on a laptop as well and its why I cant play hardcore. Also I dont know if you are on normal or cruel or whatever but you can always grind a few levels and it gets much easier.

madjoki

Seems legit, especially considering the list price and percentage discount. Something tells me we're only getting the "Intro Pack" with this though, considering the price.

Oh well - since it doesn't exactly say, I'm guessing I can get support to compensate when the time comes if needed.

It same product id which was sold for $60 previously.

So it's very likely a mistake of some kind.

$15 for Hitman?!? Sign me up, I really like Amazon's policy of not charging until the game ships/is available to download, because I would have been bummed if I didn't have the money at the time.

The Witness truly is the Dark Souls of puzzle games (move over Snakebird!).

I unlocked like 7 shortcuts today to places I have been previously. Now my head hurts

Cth

Am I the only one who thinks that Frostbite 3 engine's characters animations are really bad? (unlike environments, which are generally great looking).

For example, Faith from Catalyst now looks like some sort of (emo) robot:

wdfVFSL.gif

She looks like one of those Life is Strange characters.. that's what's bugging me :D

Lomax

Glad I waited on Frozen Cortex and The Last Federation. Two humble weeklies in a row that I bought at BTA price, I don't think that's ever happened before.

zkylon

zkylewd
So no one else should get good deals? :p
well i'm also secretly wishing you all win the lottery so you can easily afford games on bad sales

The Witness truly is the Dark Souls of puzzle games (move over Snakebird!).

I unlocked like 7 shortcuts today to places I have been previously. Now my head hurts
i get what you mean, but i feel fulfillment when i beat something in dark souls, no such luck with the witness :T

Wok

The min RAM requirement for The Witness is 4 GB and I had some stuttering when playing in 1080p. I think it is because the min RAM corresponded to 720p, and I forced 1080p. The framerate was over 60 FPS but the stuttering still happened.

Now, the min RAM requirement for Firewatch is 6 GB. I don't know whether I want to try to run it with my 4 GB PC specs. The game runs on Unity, so it might be better optimized than Blow's game. Maybe I could get 30 FPS in 1080p. Who knows?

Worst case scenario is I get a refund and use the money to buy Michonne next week.

The min RAM requirement for The Witness is 4 GB and I had some stuttering when playing in 1080p. I think it is because the min RAM corresponded to 720p, and I forced 1080p. The framerate was over 60 FPS but the stuttering still happened.

Now, the min RAM requirement for Firewatch is 6 GB. I don't know whether I want to try to run it with my 4 GB PC specs. The game runs on Unity, so it might be better optimized than Blow's game. Maybe I could get 30 FPS in 1080p. Who knows?

upgrade to 8gb friendo

r3n4ud

Ram is cheap man, upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom