• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
The feeling of getting my second most hyped game of 2016 for 15$

raptor-dj.gif

The min RAM requirement for The Witness is 4 GB and I had some stuttering when playing in 1080p. I think it is because the min RAM corresponded to 720p, and I forced 1080p. The framerate was over 60 FPS but the stuttering still happened.

Now, the min RAM requirement for Firewatch is 6 GB. I don't know whether I want to try to run it with my 4 GB PC specs. The game runs on Unity, so it might be better optimized than Blow's game. Maybe I could get 30 FPS in 1080p. Who knows?

I don't know that Blow is known for having technically proficient ports...
But the knocks on the Unity engine (at least the old versions) were pretty heavy too.

Are you sure the stuttering isn't something else? There are lots of things that can cause it from having certain settings too high so that VRAM usage is off the charts to not being on a SSD drive and having too many read operations from a slower disk.

Wok

The problem is I break computers when I try to upgrade them.

Are you sure the stuttering isn't something else? There are lots of things that can cause it from having certain settings too high so that VRAM usage is off the charts to not being on a SSD drive and having too many read operations from a slower disk.

I don't know. Lots of people are experiencing them. It is most likely Blow's game lacking some optimizations.

Lain

For once I was awake while a price mistake was announced in the thread, and I could partake in it. Staying up to wait to watch a couple Grimm episodes was worth it.

Smash88

Banned
I don't think Amazon has ever not honored something like this, as far as I know.

I'll note that since the price mistake relates to digital "stock" rather than physical, the matter of it being honoured is contingent upon either Amazon paying the difference or Squeenix taking the hit, since keys aren't purchased and so Amazon is legally obligated to provide Squeenix with 70% of what's supposed to be the purchase price.

That all being said, you've nothing to lose by trying your luck.

JaseC posted this, so it still puts me on edge and he is the master of these type of things.

Salsa

last act of Rocket League film includes the main character escaping paid and corrupted players aiming to demo him (this kills you) by breaking the boundaries of the court and escaping into the real world doing aerials over landmarks

he bounces off a shot by the main villain which in turn just hits him back mid-air

main guy looks at camera "what a save"

Smash88

Banned
last act of Rocket League film includes the main character escaping paid and corrupted players aiming to demo him (this kills you) by breaking the boundaries of the court and escaping into the real world doing aerials over landmarks

Please stop stealing ideas from the movie The Hunger Games/The Truman Show.

Hektor

I couldn't get on the deal because i'm european without CC.
I hope Hitman turns out be awful and broken.

i'm not bitter. Not bitter at all.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-12775-1394052085-9.gif

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Lol at both ROTR and Hitman having price errors. I'm still bitter that I didn't manage to catch the ROTR error but hopefully Amazon will honor my Hitman preorder.

Let's see which retailer will mess up Mankind Divided's price

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
So my phone just pestered me to say that seeing as it's the Final Fantasy Portal app's anniversary, for a limited time FFII will be free (portal app version just like FFI was on launch of it a year ago). Meanwhile on Steam...
Can anyone actually log into the portal, or is it just being ass on my end?

Smash88

Banned
I couldn't get on the deal because i'm european without CC.
I hope Hitman turns out be awful and broken.

i'm not bitter. Not bitter at all.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-12775-1394052085-9.gif

i465Kpl.jpg

I got a pre-order in, with my beautiful CC. Sitting pretty and the game will no doubt be amazing!

Someone people from GAF got extra copies I'm sure of it, they might resell it for cheap if Amazon honours it.

zkylon

zkylewd
wait so the $15 bucks thing for hitman whatever weren't like the real price?

i saw that on steam and went like this is weirdo business model

but like you're supposed to pay 60 bucks for like the first two chapters for real?

wtf, what am i missing

don't google this
i said there were gonna be boobs

20 boobs? thats too much
20 dollars

It's already my GOTY.
the demo was fantastic so i'm expecting nothing but goty material from it

I can't wait for Breeding Season to get released.
whats this mean

i465Kpl.jpg

I got a pre-order in, with my beautiful CC. Sitting pretty and the game will no doubt be amazing!

Someone people from GAF got extra copies I'm sure of it, they might resell it for cheap if Amazon honours it.

The game will be less that $15 on it's own before he gets a fraction of those sold.

AHA-Lambda

wait so the $15 bucks thing for hitman whatever weren't like the real price?

i saw that on steam and went like this is weirdo business model

but like you're supposed to pay 60 bucks for like the first two chapters for real?

wtf, what am i missing

People got the $60 full version for the price of the first episode

kagamin

Nice for people who got the Hitman code, I'm not personally interested in playing it, but I'll reserve my negative and or positive judgement until I see what's up with it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can log in but I don't think FFII is up for about another 6 hours. I think it's free until the 14th so no great rush unless you want it asap.

And let's be honest here: Final Fantasy II is subjectively the worst Final Fantasy game ever made

I'd still buy it if it came to Steam

Parsnip

Now, the min RAM requirement for Firewatch is 6 GB. I don't know whether I want to try to run it with my 4 GB PC specs. The game runs on Unity, so it might be better optimized than Blow's game. Maybe I could get 30 FPS in 1080p. Who knows?

Optimized game on Unity engine?
HA!

Turfster

I love missing all these deals like the 75% off new Hitman game and not even being able to update the fucking dailies and bundles because my connection has been shit all week.
It's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom