• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

I love missing all these deals like the 75% off new Hitman game and not even being able to update the fucking dailies and bundles because my connection has been shit all week.
It's awesome.

I do love how pretty much every time a big price mistake like this happens it's when I'm out with people away from a computer. Yeah...

Lain

So, IsThereAnyDeals keeps sending me emails with Raiden 3 being on sale at Imperial Games. I removed Imperial Games from the list for all my waitlist games, but those emails keep coming. After 50 emails in a day I'm really annoyed.
Is there a simple way to make it stop sending me emails about Raiden 3 being on sale at Imperial Games (beside removing the game, removing email notifications or deleting my isthereanydeals account)? Did I miss a blacklist n store setting?

MY GTX 980 IS READY TO RENDER BRADFORD'S GLORIOUS SWEATER

XCom-Bradford.jpg

Pachimari

SFV: Character Introduction Series - Ken

Nice little video on Capcom Fighters detailing some of the new stuff Ken can do. No flowcharts though, so that's clearly a fail.

I'm slowly planning on buying Street Fighter V for PS4 on launch, and though I still plan on Charlie Nash to be my main, I really like what I have seen of Ken and Karin.

[edit]
Honestly, that was a poor video. I really don't think it demonstrated anything particularly well, especially as his commentary doesn't seem to fit what's going on the screen. A little funny how he pronounces Ryu's name two different ways as well. ^_^

Dr.Acula

Banned
So just before that Squareenix twitch was about to do that final RotTR giveaway, my ISP had a 15-minute province wide outage! I managed to connect to the chat window on my phone, but my login cookie for twitch had expired, and then my phone stalled.

Can't help but laugh.

Lain

It's one of the highest funded projects on Patreon. You should check it out.

Let's see...

Breeding Season is a free adult game and a labor of love. [...] we want to make a game that is so fun and addictive that you'd want to play it even without all the fucking. That said, the fucking is pretty important to us too.

Hm. Steam version when.

And let's be honest here: Final Fantasy II is subjectively the worst Final Fantasy game ever made

I'd still buy it if it came to Steam

objectively, friendo.... objectively.

In the mainline series, there's not much worse than FFII.

Though I'd through my experiences with FFV and FFX down near it... :p
Someday I will try to give the new steam version of FFV a shot. And I will attempt to replay FFX as well... but I do not think they will move on my list... at least I don't think FFX will anyway.

Tizoc

Street Fighter V is the easiest fighting game you could get into that is on Steam at least.
Only other ones that come to mind are Skullgirls because it has a good tutorial that teaches a lot of FG stuff, and to an extent Guilty Gear Xrd.
Furthermore, if you don't mind the port, Battle Fantasia is a simple fighting game too, although I never bothered much with the Power up and parries :p

Pachimari

I'm sick hyped about Hitman. And I never really started playing Hitman 2, Contracts and couldn't get that much into Blood Money, while I haven't touched Absolution. I loved Hitman 1 though. It was so hype back then, as it was the first big game developed in Denmark.

And if there's no interesting deals during the Steam sales, I'll go get that Street Fighter V and FFXIV one-month subscription.

Some of the achievements in D4 really suck.

Speaking of D4... the other game Swery is known for is Deadly Premonition, right?
I think I might have to finally attempt to play it after this...

Pachimari

How's Darkest Dungeon?
I just saw the OT for the game and I like the character design and art. And factors like stress and such seem to play a part in the gameplay. Interesting.

Some of the achievements in D4 really suck.

Speaking of D4... the other game Swery is known for is Deadly Premonition, right?
I think I might have to finally attempt to play it after this...

D4 was so quirky, i mean it was an adventure game with side quests. only swery would think to make that happen.

and deadly premonition is pretty buggy on PC. It's playable thanks to durante's work but even still, it's not exactly the most stable piece of software out there

Volimar

How's Darkest Dungeon?
I just saw the OT for the game and I like the character design and art. And factors like stress and such seem to play a part in the gameplay. Interesting.

I kind of wish I had gotten it when it had a deep discount in Early Access.

This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 16 seconds.

W0Rw0sd.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
objectively, friendo.... objectively.

In the mainline series, there's not much worse than FFII.

Though I'd through my experiences with FFV and FFX down near it... :p
Someday I will try to give the new steam version of FFV a shot. And I will attempt to replay FFX as well... but I do not think they will move on my list... at least I don't think FFX will anyway.

Your opinion on FFX is unlikely to change unless your original complaints were about how muddy the textures were in the PS2 release. Other than graphically, not much has changed.

As for FFV, I know one of your big complaints was the translation in the PS1 version which has been 100% improved in the recent (mobile and Steam) releases. Also, the graphics are pretty good once you get rid of the character's bilinear filtering with the latest patch.

Do it!

Ozium

Street Fighter V is the easiest fighting game you could get into that is on Steam at least.
Only other ones that come to mind are Skullgirls because it has a good tutorial that teaches a lot of FG stuff, and to an extent Guilty Gear Xrd.
Furthermore, if you don't mind the port, Battle Fantasia is a simple fighting game too, although I never bothered much with the Power up and parries :p

header.jpg

milena87

It should've been higher.
Also "nr." is not an english abbreviation for number that I've ever seen. # would be the default shorthand.

# is weird, I'd never use it. I see and use "Nr." a lot for work, so it now even comes more naturally than the italian "n." or "n°". I might try to remember to use "No." in the future, though :p

Anyway, solved the puzzle in The Witness that was giving me trouble yesterday. I have to say that I really like the art style and the colors this game uses. At this rate I'll have 100+ screenshots by the end of the game.

Wok

# is weird, I'd never use it. I see and use "Nr." a lot for work, so it now even comes more naturally than the italian "n." or "n°". I might try to remember to use "No." in the future, though :p

Anyway, solved the puzzle in The Witness that was giving me trouble yesterday. I have to say that I really like the art style and the colors this game uses. At this rate I'll have 100+ screenshots by the end of the game.

Or 445

5y5vLiv.png

QaeGP69.png

4bkuSfs.png

Knurek

Well, there goes my full BP run in Trails SC.

There's a boss fight in chapter 6 with Estelle taking on 5 guys.
You need to win this to get +5 BP.
I won it.
The game awarded me +2 BP.
After a hour and a half unskipable cutscene.
Thank you game.
get rekt game

Haunted

Divekick started out simple but is now pretty much a regular fighting game with meter building, ground supers, air supers etc.

I completely lost interest in it once they added a billion systems. Should've stuck to the simplicity setup.

Dr Dogg

As for FFV, I know one of your big complaints was the translation in the PS1 version which has been 100% improved in the recent (mobile and Steam) releases. Also, the graphics are pretty good once you get rid of the character's bilinear filtering with the latest patch.

What? As in like officially Squenix/DotEmu have changed texture filtering on magnification to nearest or that someone has made a mod/patcher themselves?

Either way seeing as you can invoke arbitrary resolutions in that you should be able to get the game to scale correctly now without interpolation. If I can remember for the life of me what values to scale it by.

AHA-Lambda

Got a (slightly) more expensive copy of XCOM 2 from GMG, but still managing to get a refund on the first one cos Salsa is true bro and can still shift it to someone who can actually use it :p

Plus another kind gaffer seems to be able to hit me up with Hitman ^_^

You guys are alright, anime withstanding ;)

giphy.gif

I doesn't work because of region restrictions or because of something else?

Key was region locked

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What? As in like officially Squenix/DotEmu have changed texture filtering on magnification to nearest or that someone has made a mod/patcher themselves?

Either way seeing as you can invoke arbitrary resolutions in that you should be able to get the game to scale correctly now without interpolation. If I can remember for the life of me what values to scale it by.

I meant in the latest patch released by modders - I'm not sure if Squarenix/DotEmu have even touched the game since shortly after release.

rtcn63

RoTR late game
... And the deathless ones are even less of a challenge than Trinity soldiers. No automatic weapons, smaller groups of enemies. (How did they overwhelm Trinity?) Plus there's jars of greek fire everywhere (in addition to the once again insane amounts of ammo/mats). I was hoping they'd be invulnerable or something, forcing you to use your shit to get past them.

Oh, and you get greek fire for your arrows from an optional tomb that melts armor in one hit. The game is going to end with Lara destroying the divine source and proclaiming that only she can be the god of this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom