• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
header.jpg

He said "fighting game". Not "one button parody of a fighting game".

Key was region locked

Extreme times call for extreme measures.
VPN, like you did to buy it, and activate. :p

Unless it's runtime locked, I think that should be sufficient to work for you... JaseC can correct me if I'm wrong.

Nabs

Divekick started out simple but is now pretty much a regular fighting game with meter building, ground supers, air supers etc.

I completely lost interest in it once they added a billion systems. Should've stuck to the simplicity setup.

All of that stuff was there from the very beginning.

Hey guys, sorry for the begging post, but does anyone have a spare gift/key for The Ship laying around? I thought the game would have local coop MP, but apparently it's LAN only, and it seems like something my GF would enjoy playing.

I know I've had a couple of copies sitting on my inventory in the past, but like everyone else I dumped them in ModBot/gifted them to the first poor soul that wanted them. I guess some of you still have one of them laying around and is willing to finally get rid of it :p

Vlad

Hey guys, sorry for the begging post, but does anyone have a spare gift/key for The Ship laying around? I thought the game would have local coop MP, but apparently it's LAN only, and it seems like something my GF would enjoy playing.

I know I've had a couple of copies sitting on my inventory in the past, but like everyone else I dumped them in ModBot/gifted them to the first poor soul that wanted them. I guess some of you still have one of them laying around and is willing to finally get rid of it :p

Yeah, I've got one. Shoot me a PM if you still need it.

I'm sick hyped about Hitman. And I never really started playing Hitman 2, Contracts and couldn't get that much into Blood Money, while I haven't touched Absolution. I loved Hitman 1 though. It was so hype back then, as it was the first big game developed in Denmark.

And if there's no interesting deals during the Steam sales, I'll go get that Street Fighter V and FFXIV one-month subscription.

I played Contracts religiously back in the day. Must have logged in over 100 hours.

Glad I got in on the Amazon deal - interested to try out the beta.

Tizoc

^Correct!

RoTR late game
... And the deathless ones are even less of a challenge than Trinity soldiers. No automatic weapons, smaller groups of enemies. (How did they overwhelm Trinity?) Plus there's jars of greek fire everywhere (in addition to the once again insane amounts of ammo/mats). I was hoping they'd be invulnerable or something, forcing you to use your shit to get past them.

Oh, and you get greek fire for your arrows from an optional tomb that melts armor in one hit. The game is going to end with Lara destroying the divine source and proclaiming that only she can be the god of this world.

Da fuck.
Knew I should've finished a few tombs before advancing =_=

I played Contracts religiously back in the day. Must have logged in over 100 hours.

Glad I got in on the Amazon deal - interested to try out the beta.

Same for me. Contracts along with Fallout one were my reentry to PC gaming a handful of years ago and because they were what I had, and I didn't have a job I wrung them both until they were dry.

Salsa

Got a (slightly) more expensive copy of XCOM 2 from GMG, but still managing to get a refund on the first one cos Salsa is true bro and can still shift it to someone who can actually use it :p

Plus another kind gaffer seems to be able to hit me up with Hitman ^_^

You guys are alright, anime withstanding ;)

giphy.gif

Key was region locked

noiiice

rtcn63

Da fuck.
Knew I should've finished a few tombs before advancing =_=

The greek fire? It's in a cave with a really pissed off bear in the Lost City, where there are deathless ones patrolling. I didn't ge the "optional tomb nearby" warning until AFTER finishing the tomb. Assumed it was intentionally hidden.

Maniac

Banned
Got a (slightly) more expensive copy of XCOM 2 from GMG, but still managing to get a refund on the first one cos Salsa is true bro and can still shift it to someone who can actually use it :p

Plus another kind gaffer seems to be able to hit me up with Hitman ^_^

You guys are alright, anime withstanding ;)

giphy.gif

Key was region locked

Who... Who hooked you up with dae Hitman? :3

Hrmmm.

I'm digging the doom campaign trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAFSz8yxrE

I can see a bit of the newest Wolfenstein reboots in there with how fast it is and how ridiculously overpowered you can seem.
Perhaps I should go try my hand at the DLC expansion for Doom 3 sometime soon and get that out of the way before DOOM hits later this year. :-K

Dr Dogg

I meant in the latest patch released by modders - I'm not sure if Squarenix/DotEmu have even touched the game since shortly after release.

Gotcha, well was one step ahead of you posting by hey testing, taking screenshots and uploading them takes time!

So here was my intial hacked together fix using a combination of GLDirect, GeDoSaTo and SRWE.
What I did was render the game at 640x384, scale it with GeDoSaTo (thanks to converting OGL calls to DX9 via GLDirect) and then hot sampled the image to 1920x1152 via SRWE. Works but you still have bilinear filtering on the background tiles.

Now using Krisan Thyme's mod/patch on it's own really isn't going to give you flawless results as you'd still get tile clashing if you don't render then game at the correct multiple. For example here's what the game looks like selecting 2560x1440 as my resolution (actually ends up rendering it at 2556x1414)
Better asset presentation but still scales incorrectly.

Soooo revisiting my crazy method from before and by having the filtering method changed to nearest (as the mod on the Steam hub does) you can cut out pretty much all of my other steps and just setup a custom resolution. Using the same formula to create a custom resolution at a multiple of the native rendering size (so x3 would be 1920x1152 x4 would be 2560x1536 etc) then you get this.

I think I'm quite happy with how that comes out. It's still not perfect but miles better than the game in the state it shipped in. Here's a trickier scene that had awful tile clashing or loss of detail from texture filtering.
And it isn't too bad in motion either.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Darkest Dungeon is fun again after doing a bunch of money runs with fodder guys to upgrade my actual proper guys. Also just hit 50 hours in it, dat value. Will most deffinately get back to it after xcom

With all the combined depth of about one regular fighting game character. The game is still really basic and easy to get into.

Yeah... even rolling 14 characters into one doesn't help. Maybe... maybe... they combine to have a depth of a party brawler character. :)

Darkest Dungeon is fun again after doing a bunch of money runs with fodder guys to upgrade my actual proper guys. Also just hit 50 hours in it, dat value. Will most deffinately get back to it after xcom

Buy the party the nicest stuff, so I can steal it.... and then I'll go off on another holy quest the find God and repent.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how am i doing?

you just reached max rank, after almost dying in a champion dungeon. Also, fun sidenote, apparently the party that survives the titular darkest dungeon (aka the last one) retires from the game >_>

and theres 3 runs of it (just like the rest of the tilesets, each boss has 3 versions), so you always need at the very least 16 max rank guys. Of course thats not counting the ones you will inevitably lose

Buy the party the nicest stuff, so I can steal it.... and then I'll go off on another holy quest the find God and repent.

I have long removed your kleptomania

rtcn63

Wait there's a season 4 of Reboot that takes place after
they find Bob and reboot Mainframe. Well fuck. And it's online.

Dr Dogg

A lot of them do (for obvious reasons). The better ones don't.

And I have to agree as well as a lot of social media, web based games too. They all share very common aesthics and design choices. Sadly the OPs examples were not like this and with using a blanket statement like 'all mobile games' kind of got caught on the back foot when others were offering up examples of wildly different games like The Room, Monument Valley, Lara Croft GO and others that are wildly different from one another. What could have been decent discussion kind of got thrown under the bus by the OP ignoring these examples and latching on to folks mentioning titles that weren't initially developed for mobile. Ah well 'twas a fun read.

Salsa

how much is salsa getting xcom 2 for in USD?

I can't get it

I got it for lambda but got a BR key and now im trying to flip it with some BR friends so I can get him his money back

otherwise i'll just refund him with my money and use a vpn or something cause that's shitty. sent a ticket to nuuvem too but bleh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom