• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eat shit :( salty as fuck lol

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

This gives me an idea, we should make a Steam community group that posts time sensitive price errors, people in this thread can post when a price error occurs and it will be shown to everyone in the group via a Steam group notification.

Uzzy

For you, the day Uzzy graced your thread with these gifts was the most important day of your life. But for me..

It was my birthday.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Street Fighter V -- MB-74AC4A9FE729C9D8 - Taken by Ludens. 82 entrants total.
Life is Strange -- MB-95704122ACD4AA36 - Taken by rainking187

t1454716931z1.png

For you, the day Uzzy graced your thread with these gifts was the most important day in your life. But for me..

It was my birthday.

happy birthday Uzzy, did you treat yourself to Disgaea? :)

also for the love of god, everyone go for Life is Strange, let me hold that SF5.

AHA-Lambda

As much as I would love to dive into XCOM 2 right now, it's been a long and stressful day now and I need my bed ._.

Time to defend the earth in the morning!

Endruen

For you, the day Uzzy graced your thread with these gifts was the most important day in your life. But for me..

It was my birthday.
Happy birthday :)
Why not a free for all? Now I have to choose >.<

Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
Nice joke, ModBot.

Lomax

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

This gives me an idea, we should make a Steam community group that posts time sensitive price errors, people in this thread can post when a price error occurs and it will be shown to everyone in the group via a Steam group notification.

Reddit gamedeals is basically that. Though honestly every community misses some things. Casual browsing of this thread is usually sufficient.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Happy birthday Uzzy, one step closer to the sweet sweet embrace of death.

Or, you know...to be able to legally drink? I dunno how old you are >_>

I feel you on the FPS, I play on a laptop as well and its why I cant play hardcore. Also I dont know if you are on normal or cruel or whatever but you can always grind a few levels and it gets much easier.

I'm currently on normal, so far I didn't feel the need to grind for levels because doing all the side quests gave me enough xp to keep up with the areas.

drakaenae

Reddit gamedeals is basically that. Though honestly every community misses some things. Casual browsing of this thread is usually sufficient.
I subscribe to the reddit gamedeals RSS feed to get deals right away, cuz the really good deals always get sold out or removed within minutes.

For you, the day Uzzy graced your thread with these gifts was the most important day of your life. But for me..

It was my birthday.

Happy birthday, Uzzy~!

I hope I'm not on your blacklist. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------

To our surprise, Naruto is yet another Japanese bad port.
Just finished downloading, yep, only resolutions options are 720p and 1080p, it also has options for FXAA (looks so much worse than SSAA in the previous games), shadow quality, motion blur and glare.

The menus are also incredibly sluggish, the previous Naruto games on PC were already pretty barebone ports, but this one is worse.

Also, tried enabling SSAA through the config, either it doesn't work or I did something wrong. Though, I'm gonna give it a week or so, if there's no improvements I'm gonna refund this.

brau

Yeah, if you'd like to join, just ask Se7en. He'll kidnap you and hand you off to Exo for the orientation.

I try to PM him but i guess he is not taking PMs.

I'll ping him when i see him around here. If not, point him to my and Kriken post ,if you guys can be so kind :)

Lingitiz

I wonder if this is some weird Valve deal where they paid them to prioritize this over regular gamepad on launch

and by wonder I mean I know it is

More like designing your interface around KB/M and then maybe giving one dude or a few dudes on the team a few days to cobble together a Steam Controller Profile doesn't really require anyone to reprogram anything.

But no standard controller support?

Steam Controller is just implementation of the M/KB interface so it's not like they need to reprogram any parts of the interface or things like that.

MUnited83

For you.
Happy birthday, Uzzy~!

I hope I'm not on your blacklist. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------

To our surprise, Naruto is yet another Japanese bad port.

That's actually surprising. I was expecting it to be at least on par with the previous games.

Goddamit Namco, stooopppp

wut

Use steammover man

Nah... just use Steam.

(1) Move the game you want from your Steam library folder on drive A to the Steam library folder on drive B.
(2) Delete local content for the game in the Steam client.
(3) "Install" the game, ensuring you choose the library location on the desired drive (drive B in this case)
(4) Steam will discover the existing files and do a validation check and you're done.

This way you don't get any possible mess/fallout from having symlinks between drives. (I've used steammover in the past and it can turn into a downright mess in terms of how it functions this way).

For Rhaknar, with his download speeds, it might be faster to just re-download if there's no data cap concerns.

There is one caveat I've run into with this method though: You must have double the size of the game's size in free space because Steam is stupid and checks for free space to download the game before discovering the game is already on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom