• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Why are there so many trailers out today? End of PAX? I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Nabs

oh nice. could this be the game i can actually use this controller for?

Dude, I just clicked on your profile and see that you're playing Dragon's Dogma and Tomb Raider. Those games are perfect with the Steam Controller. DD with a mixed controller+mouse/gyro config, and Tomb Raider where aiming activates gyro/mouse (Sensible Config).

Parsnip

Nah... just use Steam.

(1) Move the game you want from your Steam library folder on drive A to the Steam library folder on drive B.
(2) Delete local content for the game in the Steam client.
(3) "Install" the game, ensuring you choose the library location on the desired drive (drive B in this case)
(4) Steam will discover the existing files and do a validation check and you're done.

This way you don't get any possible mess/fallout from having symlinks between drives. (I've used steammover in the past and it can turn into a downright mess in terms of how it functions this way).

For Rhaknar, with his download speeds, it might be faster to just re-download if there's no data cap concerns.

There is one caveat I've run into with this method though: You must have double the size of the game's size in free space because Steam is stupid and checks for free space to download the game before discovering the game is already on the drive.
Alternately just move the game folder and its associate acf file(appmanifest_#####.acf where ## is the app id) from library A to library B (and restart steam?) and skip steps 2-4.

It's surprising that Steam doesn't have an option in the client to move games between libraries, considering how easy it is to actually do. They should just put it in the local files tab in game properties or something.

Do it Gabe. Do it for the people.

Yeah, if you'd like to join, just ask Se7en. He'll kidnap you and hand you off to Exo for the orientation.

Se7en (and a few others) invite me sometimes, though not recently.
All I can remember is seeing others get upset with the conversation and then leaving...

For you, the day Uzzy graced your thread with these gifts was the most important day of your life. But for me..

It was my birthday.

Happy birthday. You're one step closer to the finish line. :)

Dude, I just clicked on your profile and see that you're playing Dragon's Dogma and Tomb Raider. Those games are perfect with the Steam Controller. DD with a mixed controller+mouse/gyro config, and Tomb Raider where aiming activates gyro/mouse (Sensible Config).

Perhaps he likes a DS4/X1 controller better for games that were designed for them. I see no fault in that, especially if you're not a fan of the steam controller for those types of games.

Since XCOM 2 is turn-based, I'm sure it's a great place to use the Steam controller though, if one isn't inclined to use kb/m.

Out of curiosity, is this episode1 or the whole season?

You must be new to SteamGAF.
If he's giving away a copy of SFV, he's not giving away LiS episode 1. It's the whole season, I'd bet money on it.

Alternately just move the game folder and its associate acf file(appmanifest_#####.acf where ## is the app id) from library A to library B (and restart steam?) and skip steps 2-4.

It's surprising that Steam doesn't have an option in the client to move games between libraries, considering how easy it is to actually do. They should just put it in the local files tab in game properties or something.

Do it Gabe. Do it for the people.

Is the ACF in the root of the library folder?
This would've been useful knowledge to have when I moved TEW to my SSD and it wouldn't fit because I didn't have double the space.

8E6975163CE04556AB91C46799A25B4E5B45F540

hella aliens

giphy.gif

That is a great attitude towards mods. Wish more devs would actively work with modders together, maybe even add technical mods (framerate unlocks etc.) as an option in their games.
IT'S TIME

i am prepping for Noewfoundland, and a Rookie is being tasked with joining us...

his job may be the most important there is, but Who wants to have their name attached to him?
I volunteer for your party. Hope I stay alive longer than in XCOM 1 ;)
For you, the day Uzzy graced your thread with these gifts was the most important day of your life. But for me..

It was my birthday.
Have a nice happy birthday Uzzy!
There's supposedly some dude who got 438 copies, so you might want to hit him up
Dang, the full new Hitman for 15 bucks. That's pretty tempting.
I payed that much for Blops2 like an idiot. Tried zombie mode, had no fun. Wasted :(

Uzzy

happy birthday Uzzy, did you treat yourself to Disgaea? :)

also for the love of god, everyone go for Life is Strange, let me hold that SF5.

Not yet, might grab it today! So much else to get though, Danganronpa, Blazblue too.. and of course SFV will devour all my free time. Just bought XCOM2 and ROTR as well.

Don't know how you younguns get to play 52 games a year.

Happy birthday :)
Why not a free for all? Now I have to choose >.<

Nice joke, ModBot.

If only you had time powers so you could rewind and see the results of both choices.

Happy birthday Uzzy, one step closer to the sweet sweet embrace of death.

Or, you know...to be able to legally drink? I dunno how old you are >_>

1000 year old cyborg, obviously.

xw0QDyC.png

Happy birthday, Uzzy~!

I hope I'm not on your blacklist. :(

Shouldn't be, unless you've been very naughty. I only picked the community blacklist.

Out of curiosity, is this episode1 or the whole season?

Whole season. Hope you enjoy it if you win!

And thanks for all the good wishes everyone.

ezodagrom

Wait, Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 is a bad port!? What happened? And what's wrong with it? The framerate?
It's a barebones port, even more lacking than the previous ones.

720p and 1080p resolution options in the game itself, for other resolutions have to set them manually in the game's config.ini file, 30fps lock (for the previous games it was understandable, PC version wasn't planned from the beginning, but now, it just feels like they don't care), only anti-aliasing method is FXAA, while the previous games had 2x SSAA (FXAA looks so much worse).

bVOmoZv.png

Wrapped up The Swapper earlier. Done in only two sessions and two days. Really shows how much it grabbed me more than anything else. I found the length to be perfect. Just ended before it became a trudge. Almost ten hours is a good length, even more when the puzzles never repeated or even got too similar. Each has its own "feeling".

What can I say? It all clicked very well with me. The visual style is not only beautiful but adds to the cryptic world building and desolate tone. Controls were perfect and it is just nice to learn new tactics and moves with the same basic mechanics.
Puzzles almost never were a forgettable breeze, neither frustrating. That made me especially glad, since I usually don't play puzzle games. Kinda proud that I managed to solve every room on my own. All besides three measly puzzles. Bit my teeth off at those many times but once it became frustrating I called it a day and looked them up. It's fine though. Two of those had a similar gist to it which I don't think I'd come up with. And the other one was a bit cheap-ish.
Once done with all rooms, I saw a guide explaining the
secret rooms
. They have terminals and even though I loved reading them and learning more about the world, accessing them is a bit stupid done. Reading a guide to get to them would break immersion, so I skipped them. Ending was great.

Totally recommend giving it a shot. A great little gem.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
jeez, XCOM runs like crap on my 7870, I know it's an old card now, but the XCOM graphics aren't really that great either...

I have to set the game more or less to low to get somewhat constant 60fps and even than it drops frames like there is no tomorrow :/

Witcher 3 is running better on my rig than this...

Steam help please.

How do you remove the borders between games on the Games Grid?

Edit: Also why did the Air skin change the Play icons on the grid tiles to the actual word "PLAY"? The triangle inside a circle is so much more elegant. I had to dig my deleted version out of the trash and reset it.

Steam help please.

How do you remove the borders between games on the Games Grid?

Edit: Also why did the Air skin change the Play icons on the grid tiles to the actual word "PLAY"? The triangle inside a circle is so much more elegant. I had to dig my deleted version out of the trash and reset it.
Open Steam\resource\layout\gamespage_grid.layout and change the interiorspacing and GridView.DropShadowLeading values to -1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom