• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Veggie buy a lightbulb. They are cheap.

Jawmuncher

lWiPqXs.png

ozzy and I are worried about you, snake might be in smesh nx, don't do anything crazy.

Lol, I've been driving and moving stuff. My PC is still not hooked up. It's all good.

Veggie buy a lightbulb. They are cheap.
So am I.
I'm interested. First one was great. Already wanted an open-world to parkour in back then. Not sure about Dice's capabilities for a good campaign though. Bad Company 2 was great but Battlefield 3 was really bad.
Just got my Nuclear Throne Indie Box. Not bad for including Steam and PS4/Vita codes.

If you care to see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAI7aQUAyCU
There's some timeless charm with physical boxes. This had some neat stuff in it. Cool.

I saw it here first and I just trust you guyyyyyz.
Open Steam\resource\layout\gamespage_grid.layout and change the interiorspacing and GridView.DropShadowLeading values to -1.
Thank you. The above method and yours didn't completely remove the border.
-5 for each setting was what I needed.

O0z6rCJ.png

dot

dang, ninja storm 4 already has a mixed rating

30 fps lock again... :(

the movies being added is neat i guess

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Well, I just received an email from Amazon asking me to verify all the fake info that I used to be able to preorder Hitman. They also cancelled my order and locked my account

MUnited83

For you.
Well, I just received an email from Amazon asking me to verify all the fake info that I used to be able to preorder Hitman. They also cancelled my order and locked my account

auch, every one that bought it and isn't in the US is fucked then, I assume.

Not just you, its happening with me too.

Well, that's kinda reassuring I guess.

dang, ninja storm 4 already has a mixed rating

30 fps lock again... :(

the movies being added is neat i guess

It's more than just 30fps lock.
-No V-SYNC (Can be turned on if edited config files)
-720p and 1080p resolutions in settings (Can be changed to 1440p or 4K in config files)
-FFXA (SMAA can be turned on in config files)
-No Supersampling
-Gamepad only and even some gamepads don't work (Keyboard controls seems almost non-existent)
-Badly Optimized: Lots of people are getting slowdowns, crashes, low fps, sound not working (also voices can only be heard from left channel at the moment), stuttering and even game in a different language (not applied to me but still want to throw that out there.)
The configs are there, but they just don't bother to put it in-game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

This is why I never liked using US amazon with fake info, was always afraid of this

Lain

That sucks. I hope it's not gonna happen to me.

--

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM: Enemy Unknown -- MB-253B3B8B9AC4094D - Taken by someguyinahat. 4 entrants total.

t1454639591z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, perhaps. I've also read that someone fixed the problem by simply restarting his PC.

I'm still downloading it but at least it seems it isn't refund material just yet. Sucks that they took out the configuration in menus for some weird ass reason but oh well, after dealing with the ini the game should look and perform fine.

I was gonna try for that $15 Hitman deal but couldn't see a way for them not to use my gift card total (wanted to use that for something else down the line)...usually they let you say whether or not to use that (at least on physical items)

oh well...not the first deal I've missed on and surely won't be the last

Volimar

A goodie from the alienware stream.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Volimar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM Enemy Unknown -- MB-5B7F9FDA7A1FE843 - Taken by kagamin. 1 entrants total.

t1454639831z1.png

Anteater

that feel when you've got no money and there are newer games coming out you want to play and all the games in your backlog are already past tthe 2 weeks refund period.

Damn. Cdkeys is really not good for Canadians. Keep it in Canadian dollars and its more expensive than Steam, switch to US and the deal price is basically the same as regular Steam.

I guess I'm sticking to GMG. Just wanted a good deal on Ark for a friend.

I have a stupid question. I've just started getting into multiplayer with a buddy through Steam. How do I make it so when I plug my headset into my XBox One controller the sound of the game still goes through my speakers and not my headset? Tried with The Forest and Killing Floor 2 and couldn't get it to work.

Also tried through GameVox and same deal.

Dsyndrome

When did Canadian currency go to shit, the past six months? I remember back in college when I crossed the border into Windsor and was greeted with "Welcome to Canada, where your dollar gets you so much more."

jediyoshi

I have a stupid question. I've just started getting into multiplayer with a buddy through Steam. How do I make it so when I plug my headset into my XBox One controller the sound of the game still goes through my speakers and not my headset? Tried with The Forest and Killing Floor 2 and couldn't get it to work.

Right click the speaker on your system tray -> Playback devices
After your headset is plugged in, click on your speakers/regular sound device and hit Set Default

Right click the speaker on your system tray -> Playback devices
After your headset is plugged in, click on your speakers/regular sound device and hit Set Default

Oh shit. Well that's easy, thanks.

I'm assuming some games don't support straight up voice chat within the game, right? Or is that for older games only?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
When did Canadian currency go to shit, the past six months? I remember back in college when I crossed the border into Windsor and was greeted with "Welcome to Canada, where your dollar gets you so much more."

around the time of the oil price collapse
GYrzfxw.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam probably won't be a serious contender in the digital movie space until they get quite a bit better selection, more studios on board, and support importing and exporting rights from your Ultraviolet library.

Until then there are much better ways to buy movies online.

Tales from the borderlands is pretty fucking good game

Yes it is! I'm currently replaying it on PS4. It also won 7th place in our GOTY voting last year.

e13aKTu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom