• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarification: Naruto is now on topic here.

Go ahead anime fans, talk about how much you love Naruto. I dare you.

yn2s6.jpg

OK, ever since December I'm on a roll like never before. So many games finished in a few months. Dishonored, Alien Isolation, ARMA3, Tomb Raider 2013, The Swapper. I'm not even trying to do the 52 Games Challenge either, just feel in the mood for gaming. Maybe it's the cold weather, haha.

Anyway, I just started up Rise of the Tomb Raider and suffice to say, the visuals are pretty great. Pretty great. I just arrived in
Siberia
and so far a lot feels the same but a lot has been improved as well. Facial animation, character movement, camera shakiness. All much better now. No more
same-old area, it's a globetrotting adventure
. I love it! The thematic even, I find it a lot more interesting. Maybe because I like history. Great start I have to say. Characters are also vastly improved. The few ones so far shown are interesting.
The Tombs or better the one tomb so far, was good. Could be bigger but it's a vast improvement already.
Yes,
audio logs, shooting, slip&slide
sections are still the same but with the greatly appreciated improvements in other areas, they become easier to stomach.

I'm having fun. That's what matters. Hope it continues :)

Eh, just noticed Steam didn't take any screenshots but it's enabled and worked just fine with other games today. Bummer.

rtcn63

My advice for RoTR is to ignore the side missions and item collecting for the most part. You're better off just doing the optional tombs and focusing on the main story, since the payoff for everything else is... well there really isn't.

And if you want any sort of challenge, you may want to consider NOT upgrading your combat-related skills or weapons. Basically play it like you would Uncharted.

zkylon

zkylewd
how come you don't share ur secrets to me anymore salsa ;_;

it was depressing. two of my teammates insisted that we needed 5th dragon/Baron to win
yea i was just finding it funny cos i don't think i've seen a game with that many kills in ages. it's like a once in a year thing, but probably a thing that makes bronze super fun lol

just pick safe stuffs and getting out of bronze is ezpz

Yes. Yes it is. On that we can agree.
i'm a very agreeable person

you just gotta see things my way :>

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, SteamGAF, you doing okay? I'm sorry, I was sucked into OT for a while.

But I'm back now.

Daddy's back.

Salsa is asking for dating advise and Volimar is talking about the drugs he's doing.

So... typical SteamGAF Thursday night stuff.

Vamphuntr

Namco's doing a pretty good job if their objective is to have people ignore their PC games. 2 out of 2 bad ports released over a week. Congrats.

Namco's doing a pretty good job if their objective is to have people ignore their PC games. 2 out of 2 bad ports released over a week. Congrats.

The worst part is it's not after a track record of indifferent mediocrity like KT.

Bearseria's looking shaky without even seeing any details, ya know?

MUnited83

For you.

Well, to be fair, Naruto isn't even near as bad port as Symphonia. It has some weird decisions like not having a menu where to choose a arbitrary resolution and v-sync, but those options are still available through .ini, and the bad performance reports seem so far all come due to a bug where the game will default to integrated graphics cards, which is also something easily fixable. A patch to fix these issues seems something very trivial to do, and once it's done it's a alright port(even if barebones).

wish i could enter this whole Xcom 2 bandwagon with you guys, but i didn't even finish the first one. it does look really good tho.

Salsa

I have no idea wtf is happening

deleted local content. re-downloaded

download says 24 gigs out of 25

reaches 25, stops downloading

but the game isnt downloaded and it doesnt even exist on steamapps

this happens every time, even restarting steam

Deleted local content, started download, says I already have 18.2 GB download. Oh boy, what did I do?

welp

Salsa

I guess its fucking stuck on unpacking forever or something?

cause I go to "browse game files" and it does nothing cause they don't exist

Teggy

I guess its fucking stuck on unpacking forever or something?

cause I go to "browse game files" and it does nothing cause they don't exist

I'm actually doing this on my Macbook because I was going to play a little in bed before I went to sleep. I'll have to even find where it puts the files lol.

Salsa

LGRlYEH.png

this is literally what's happening and I have no indication of it doing anything beyond my HDD making noise

I guess it's unpacking while downloading what it already erased.. or some shit

I was having a really good RE5 Mercenaries run right when XCOM 2 decided to unpack. Now the final character unlock is in limbo until the decrypting finishes...

For some reason I thought I was the one deciding when Steam did its thing. Oh well.

bigzgod

I'm really not interested in trying to circumvent region locks.

Uh, it's not really circumventing region locks. That would be activating keys or gifts that are restricted to that region.

Nobody really cares if you use a VPN to unpack a preload early. There are no consequences and no downside for any party (Valve, publishers, and yourself). It's ultimately your choice but I don't see the harm at all.

Teggy

Uh, it's not really circumventing region locks. That would be activating keys or gifts that are restricted to that region.

Nobody really cares if you use a VPN to unpack a preload early. There are no consequences and no downside for any party (Valve, publishers, and yourself). It's ultimately your choice but I don't see the harm at all.

It would be playing the game before the publisher has agreed to allow the game to be played in your region, no?

MUnited83

For you.
Whatever, I'm not going to apologize because I follow the rules. If they wanted you to play the game before a certain time you wouldn't have to use a vpn. It's not like it's a big deal to wait.

It's also not a big deal to use a VPN. And the "if they wanted you to play the game before" is irrelevant.
You pay for a damn digital game: when it unlocks for one country, it should unlock for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom