• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordicus

they should create a system in which users could vote which anime gets into steam with little to no oversight

what could go wrong
i3bhWRS.jpg

Absolutely nothing

Ryse is on sale for -66% and it will end in few hours. Is it a suitable price for this game or should someone wait for sth like -80% or -90% this summer for example (Batman Arkham Knight was -40%, not enough for sure)?

Wok

It looks like I managed to upgrade to 8 GB of RAM without breaking my computer.

Yay.

In fact, I have 2 identical computers, one of which is currently taking dust, so I stole 4 GB from this one to add to the one that I am using daily.

Next time someone wants to use the dusty computer, I will have to buy some RAM, but I am now confident I can install it.

The things I find myself doing in Yakuza 5.
Yesterday I beat up a bear with a scooter. After that I had to dress as santa and beat the crap out of a gang with a christmas tree.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
1080/60 on XCOM 2 with these settings so im happy until they patch it

basically dropped MSAA to FXAA (MSAA completely wrecks FPS in this) and DoF to simple, rest is all maxed

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Rise of the Tomb Raider new PC patch out

Startup issues (Steam Only):
  • Fixed C++ runtime error showing up on startup preventing some users from running the game.
  • Provided work-around for issue where the VC++ redist would not properly get installed, stopping the game from starting at all.
  • Solved problem where the game would crash on startup when tools like Bins Taskbar organizer or Spacedesk are installed.
  • Updated options screen with among other things:
  • Independent mouse sensitivity control for aim and regular navigation.
  • Mouse and Gamepad X axis inversion
  • Option to disable keyboard button prompts.
  • Option to disable mouse smoothing (very light mouse smoothing is present otherwise)

Other fixes included in this patch:
  • A variety of fixes and improvements to UI including map, basecamps, and Remnant Resistance mode.
  • New graphics option 'Specular Reflection Quality' to enhance resolution and reduce aliasing of specular reflections, at some performance cost.
  • New graphics option to disable film-grain independently from 'Screen Effects'.
  • Improved HBAO+ quality, including better occlusion for distant objects.
  • Improved NVIDIA SLI performance. (Steam only)
  • Fixed SLI glitches during water/snow effects. (Steam only)
  • Resolution Modifier option that allows you to use a lower rendering resolution independent from window size when running in windowed mode.
  • Performance optimization for situations where Razer Chroma features are enabled. (Steam Only)
  • Improvements to Razer Chroma effects. (Steam Only)
  • Fixed an issue that could rarely lead to an error on machines with 16 hardware threads or more.
  • Fixed mouse cursor not always being hidden when using gamepad.
  • Fixed major stuttering in Endurance mode.
  • Fixes for Endurance leaderboards.
  • Fixed Remnant Resistance missions occasionally not starting.
  • Fixed rendering glitches on some objects on NVIDIA 6x0 and 7x0 hardware. Some issue do still happen and we are working with NVIDIA to resolve those in future patches or drivers.
  • Warning messages for users turning textures to Very High or enabling SSAA to indicate high-end hardware is required.
  • A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
it's between 50 and 60

some drops to 40s

but it's just kinda really janky at random

just inconsistent. which when it happens every 10 seconds is more annoying than just a low framerate

That is really the biggest problem, I can live with lower framerates but the fps is constantly jumping all over over the place which is reeeeaaaally annoying

Wok

Wow, the difference between running The Witness with 4 GB of RAM and 8 GB of RAM is stunning.
For the few tests that I have done, there was no stuttering at all. I suspect the stuttering was due to some assets not fitting totally in the RAM, so that the game would read from the disk instead.

I cannot wait to try Witcher 3 (I had stuttering at the start of each cutscene, which was super annoying, but the game was fine apart from this) or GTA V (I was running the game in the lowest possible settings, but it was running fine) again.
Or just Firewatch.

Tizoc

Oh man hope that new Rise of TR update can let me run it at 60 FPS. I can't even get that with Low settings @_@

Wow, the difference between running The Witness with 4 GB of RAM and 8 GB of RAM is stunning.
For the few tests that I have done, there was no stuttering at all. I suspect the stuttering was due to some assets not fitting totally in the RAM, so that the game would read from the disk instead.

What GPU do you have?
I have an AMD card and I get a lot of microstutter, a lot more now after the latest update.
The FPS is firmly locked at 60 but still get stuttering and it's really annoying.

Wok

What GPU do you have?
I have an AMD card and I get a lot of microstutter, a lot more now after the latest update.
The FPS is firmly locked at 60 but still get stuttering and it's really annoying.

This is my config:
  • Intel Pentium G2020 @ 2.9 GHz
  • 1 GB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7770 @ 1 GHz
  • 4 GB DDR3 RAM @ 667 MHz
I am running the game in 1080p at 60 FPS with the following settings. The framerate could be higher but I lock it using RTSS.
Code:
:/display
vsync false

:/render/low
render_width 1920
render_height 1080
dynamic_resolution false
fov_vertical 73

I kept the same settings to test the game after my upgrade to 8 GB of RAM.

Dr Dogg

So after the first mission where you have more direct control not only did my band of kooky red shirts survive but they completed the mission flawlessly.
Plus do like the new results and stats screen. Don't think 80% successful shot percentage is happening again anytime soon.
Just look at how random this randomly generated bunch look. Going to miss you when you all die eventually.

Arthea

I'm not ready for any sale, unless it will be bad, then I was born ready.
Does it start today or something?

From the 05.02 to the 12.02. apparently.

thanks, Hektor

So after the first mission where you have more direct control not only did my band of kooky red shirts survive but they completed the mission flawlessly.

Plus do like the new results and stats screen. Don't think 80% successful shot percentage is happening again anytime soon.

Just look at how random this randomly generated bunch look. Going to miss you when you all die eventually.

are you saying that only steamgafers slack on missions and die?

boo this guy

Dr Dogg

you are doing it wrong, you should go with Ryu, Kratos, Cloud and Sephy, or change Cloud with Bayo - instant win

What do you think this is? Smash Bros?

Have you ever heard of the unreleased Street Fighter 2 character named Geralt?

I'd only get him killed. Saying that when I played a bit of his only game the other day I was getting him killed in that too. Bloody pack of Drowners blindsided me.

I'd only get him killed. Saying that when I played a bit of his only game the other day I was getting him killed in that too. Bloody pack of Drowners blindsided me.

What kind of lightweight dies to drowners?!

Also why aren't you online on Steam more often? I feel it would be far more effective to witcher-shame you directly on Steam than it is here on GAF.

Uzzy

Well I'm in the process of creating the cast of Street Fighter II in the game so we'll see how they fair.

Getting Chunners killed will be a bannable offence.

My girlfriend asked if I'd create her for XCOM2. That's some good pressure.

kagamin

Made it to chapter 10 in VC after cleaning up Ch 9's battle and a new skirmish as well, making good progress and I'll continue tomorrow.

Arthea

What do you think this is? Smash Bros?

well, if you refuse to go with guys that can eradicate hordes of enemies in seconds and go with randoms instead, you already lost the earth and have nobody to blame.
To be fair, Kratos may turn on your other squad members right off the bat, but not that he has any chance succeeding with this bunch.

I'm so stuck in RPG limbo for the time being, I can as well be consultant on how to save the earth in my free time, it's not as good as saving the planet myself, but close enough.

Getting Chunners killed will be a bannable offence.

My girlfriend asked if I'd create her for XCOM2. That's some good pressure.

that sounds like a dangerous challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom