• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

After last update steam again autologouts me out of store for no reason
thanks volvo for trying to save my money

i've noticed that discussing the +5 year old games that im playing to clear my backlog has zero conversational traction in this thread hah
which games are you talking about?
I thought it's my curse, aside from Trails, nothing I play ever gets any talk in the steam thread, then again these are usually new games not old.

That's because we don't play games here :p

i know, i just figured if a couple of people read my posts and go, "oh yeah i never played braid" then something came of it.

On another note: Rise of the Tomb Raider is already at +320k in steam sales and that doesnt count the real cheapos that picked up the game on the Windows Store. So it seems that Rise has to have been a success on PC given that it already sold +1 million on the XB1.

I hope that CD is going to come out alright after all is said and done.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The Steam thread is generally all about hype for new games which eventually turns into disdain for old games.

Arthea

The Steam thread is generally all about hype for new games which eventually turns into disdain for old games.

It's more or less true, only you need to see a bigger picture, that's not just steamgaf, all internets caught this sickness, it's all about hype and hating.

edited: talking about hype - 2 weeks until Dang, 3 weeks until Stardew Valley
let's do this hype thingie

Monooboe

Heh, I'm 280+60 done in the Witness and started to wonder how many puzzles I have left... saw that there are around 650 puzzles haha. Trying to solve everything on the island before I go to the final place... but starting to feel it just isn't going to be possible with my brain.

i know, i just figured if a couple of people read my posts and go, "oh yeah i never played braid" then something came of it.

On another note: Rise of the Tomb Raider is already at +320k in steam sales and that doesnt count the real cheapos that picked up the game on the Windows Store. So it seems that Rise has to have been a success on steam given that it already sold +1 million on the XB1.

I hope that CD is going to come out alright after all is said and done.

I don't think Braid is a good example where discussion will flourish, since it's always been pretty divisive.

It got summarily shit on here during the recent swell of talking about the game in the wake of The Witness.

I thought the game was damn near perfect, using nostalgic game-isms as a storytelling device instead of the standard "Oh, hah!" moments that most games too often opt for. The story was elliptical and withholding, reading more poetry than prose, but I think you'd need to beat the game first before any discussion could continue in that department.

Parsnip

It looks like I managed to upgrade to 8 GB of RAM without breaking my computer.

Yay.

In fact, I have 2 identical computers, one of which is currently taking dust, so I stole 4 GB from this one to add to the one that I am using daily.

Next time someone wants to use the dusty computer, I will have to buy some RAM, but I am now confident I can install it.

Congrats for your new found skills.

Infinite was about 5 hours too long and the shooter stuff got worse as they kept dumping more and more arena battles at you.

Those first 5 hours though. i would totally go back with a VR set and try those opening areas out, even if that means i'll spend most of that time with intense vertigo and nausea

Arthea

XCOM2 is at the top at bestseller list... ATS is second?
and TR15 is third, while Naruto 4 is 4th with having mostly negative reviews, amazing

Adry9

Guys, I'm finishing games from my backlog and I want to play something short, is Kane & Lynch 2 actually worth my time?

That's...interesting.

windows store games seem to run in some weird custom borderless windows thing in full screen and apparently that doesn't play well with some gfx card features. when i bought the two Spartan Halo games for $.10 each during the holidays i got to see this for myself. It's funky.

That reminds me, i need to add those shortcuts to steam already. It's a bit of a process but if i dont add it ill totally forget i even own them

Is the "sale" supposed to start today? I am hoping for MGSV (unlikely as it doesnt match love or lunar festival)to match their weekend sale from a few weeks ago. I missed it :(

Anteater

Restarted Psychonauts, since I don't remember where I left off. I remember not liking it that much when I played it back then, but that's really the only thing I remember from the game, I'm having a good time this time around, guess I just need to be in the mood for some games.

The game's visuals aged pretty well, I thought it's pretty good looking in motion, but I'm easily pleased.

screenshot_2016-02-054iqez.jpg
screenshot_2016-02-050lr6x.jpg
screenshot_2016-02-05y0rhb.jpg

screenshot_2016-02-05ruo34.jpg
screenshot_2016-02-05lkqen.jpg
screenshot_2016-02-051up46.jpg

Stall19

A little over 3 hour until the next monthly bundle. Subscribed only because I had the10% coupon but this is kinda exciting. Now to wait for the disappointment.

Pretty much prepped for this Steam sale, whenever it occurs. Not much I want to buy at the moment, though.

Also watched some Hitman gameplay from the alpha. Looks really good. Excited to see if they can deliver on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom