• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Somehow I missed the xcom 2 steam controller bundle. Shame, since I just bought xcom 2 and been meaning to acquire a controller at some point. Rocket League still free with the controller?

Anno

Somehow I missed the xcom 2 steam controller bundle. Shame, since I just bought xcom 2 and been meaning to acquire a controller at some point. Rocket League still free with the controller?

I seem to remember there being something about people who preordered XCOM still get 40% off the controller even when buying it separately.

So far, I've only had to look up one puzzle in braid (4-4) and I pretty much had the hardest part figured out. There have been a couple of real head scratchers but I've managed.

I'm aiming to finish it before the weekend is over. Only took me 8 years to get around to it lol

Arminsc

I still don't know how people can play games with RivaTuner OSD (or whatever software you are using). :D Even this green FPS counter from GeForce Experience is annoying to me.

You can use the steam fps counter which has a small grey font. You even forget it's there!

Dr Dogg

Squaddie Kelly reminds me of the TF2 Scout.

Sadly Sqd Kelly is one the game gives you from the tutorial mission so not quite random as the other bunch.

What kind of lightweight dies to drowners?!

Also why aren't you online on Steam more often? I feel it would be far more effective to witcher-shame you directly on Steam than it is here on GAF.

A lightwieght that in their absence from the game time and time again forgets what the controls are and fires off potions instead of selecting weapons and forgets which is dodge and which is roll. The drowners were probably more confused than I was, thinking 'what on earth is he doing prancing around like that'.

Hiding from Witcher shaming obviously :p
Getting Chunners killed will be a bannable offence.

My girlfriend asked if I'd create her for XCOM2. That's some good pressure.

well, if you refuse to go with guys that can eradicate hordes of enemies in seconds and go with randoms instead, you already lost the earth and have nobody to blame.
To be fair, Kratos may turn on your other squad members right off the bat, but not that he has any chance succeeding with this bunch.

I'm so stuck in RPG limbo for the time being, I can as well be consultant on how to save the earth in my free time, it's not as good as saving the planet myself, but close enough.

Hehehe

They're quite accurate!

Saddly options are a teeny bit limited for the more flamboyant World Warriors. Blanka is probably going to look a bit odd.

I still don't know how people can play games with RivaTuner OSD (or whatever software you are using). :D Even this green FPS counter from GeForce Experience is annoying to me.

Well I'm still in the process of finding out what works best for me settings wise. Got it down pat in the gameplay maps but as soon as I'm back to the base/ship I'm unexpectedly getting pulled down to 50fps without using my GPU that much at all. Initially though could be CPU limited as a couple of threads were getting a pounding but dropped the resolution down to 1280x720 and performance shot up so no idea. It's not to much of an issue and something I can easily live with although mouse movement is a bit jittery when it happens. Good job I've got an easy solution to that though *hugs Steam Controller*.

^^
OK, my timing is bad as usual.

So after the first mission where you have more direct control not only did my band of kooky red shirts survive but they completed the mission flawlessly.

Plus do like the new results and stats screen. Don't think 80% successful shot percentage is happening again anytime soon.

Just look at how random this randomly generated bunch look. Going to miss you when you all die eventually.
I meant to ask. You play all your games with the Afterburner stats showing constantly? I run AB before playing games but only toggle it on shortly to check stats.

Eila

Apparently Rocket League is love so if it goes 50% off in the sale I'm going to take the bullet.
Otherwise I'm not really sure what the sale will be about. I guess a bunch of visual novels like Hatoful Boyfriend?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
when will the steam controller be available in Europe anyway?

Dr Dogg

^^
OK, my timing is bad as usual.

I meant to ask. You play all your games with the Afterburner stats showing constantly? I run AB before playing games but only toggle it on shortly to check stats.

Ha! Yeah generally when testing and such until I'm a happy camper or if something unexpected happens so I can hopefully get a read on what's going on.

when will the steam controller be available in Europe anyway?

When you move to a Tier 1 country :p

Can't you order it via Steam? Couple of folks in the Controller OT did and they were in places like Holland and Germany which are spitting distance from you (well sort of).

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Gaben why do you hate the free world? Norway clearly is a top tier country argh

that's it, I'm going uplay exclusive from now on bye

Ban Puncher

gKEgifi.gif

Pachimari

Well, I just received an email from Amazon asking me to verify all the fake info that I used to be able to preorder Hitman. They also cancelled my order and locked my account

auch, every one that bought it and isn't in the US is fucked then, I assume.

Oh shit. I haven't gotten such an email (yet welp) but I'm not sure if I should take the risk on this one.

Did you use a fake address for the credit card too?

I'm having an American address, but a Danish address on my card. =/

ok, maybe my question should be: when will it be available on the Norwegian store? :p

Can't you order it via Steam? Couple of folks in the Controller OT did and they were in places like Holland and Germany which are spitting distance from you (well sort of).

I'm in Denmark, and I have been able to buy the controller from Steam since launch (Oct last year?) and it can be bought in GameStop around the country.

Anteater

huh is this new

I thought you needed to install the game for the commentary, it just shows up on my list and allow me to stream the videos now, that's neat

Q5Oq917.jpg

brau

About to start Xcom2! woots

Dude, I just clicked on your profile and see that you're playing Dragon's Dogma and Tomb Raider. Those games are perfect with the Steam Controller. DD with a mixed controller+mouse/gyro config, and Tomb Raider where aiming activates gyro/mouse (Sensible Config).

I'll try both games with the controller and let you know how it went.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
And what are you going to do for a controller then? Hope Yves designs this?

that is a very hot controller!

hmm, I'll likely get a steam controller next time I'm abroad.. Or maybe go for XB1 instead. My Wii U pro is acting a bit strange of PC these days, the left analogue seems to be not properly calibrated, so I will auto-drift to the left all the time. Can't figure out how to fix it either. bleh

So steam sale is really happening? I don't find any articles or news about it tho.

Make a new thread on the Gaming side that a sale is coming and I guarantee you'll start seeing articles within the hour ;)

A lightwieght that in their absence from the game time and time again forgets what the controls are and fires off potions instead of selecting weapons and forgets which is dodge and which is roll. The drowners were probably more confused than I was, thinking 'what on earth is he doing prancing around like that'.

I can see the problem here. Can you?

Hiding from Witcher shaming obviously :p

Take your lumps like a man, dogg!

Meanwhile, I got through 2 areas of the Witness today and I feel like Einstein!

Tizoc

That'd be a shitty way to go. But at least you'd get the humilate rewards for free!

Drop the graphical quality and resolution down to minimum and you're done.

This joke is getting trite, but naw make some SNK characters Dogg.

Success! Today's patch for RotTR solved my issue of Steam not taking screenshots. I took a felt hundred in
Syria
and
England
last night in vain :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom