• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
well to be fair to valve they've been constantly updating the controller and its capabilities. It's already doing much more now than it did day one and they are pushing out new features and updates on about a weekly basis.

I've found typing with the controller to be pretty easy but i get the gyro rest stuff. The gyro seems to get sloppy faster than i would like

the typing works great, its opening up the keyboard that is the issue, often times i find myself back in BPM instead of opening the keyboard because you have to press the home button to open it. also the controller would really benefit if you could customize the buttons without going into bpm like i said before

Hey guys, this might be the wrong place to post, but I'm needing some assistance from some Source Film Maker experts.

I'm not one but it seems like Source Filmmaker is gaining a lot of ground. I'm seeing it used more and more.Good luck in finding someone who can help you.

PMS341

wat? i don't watch star trek and i have no idea who that company is, idk if its supposed to be a parody or its just a coincidence that he looks like him

In Star Trek, Spock's race is Vulcan. The character model looks Spock influenced, with the haircut, ears, hand gesture, etc. Just a fun cameo/nod.

Teppic

A little over 3 hour until the next monthly bundle. Subscribed only because I had the10% coupon but this is kinda exciting. Now to wait for the disappointment.
Waiting for the bundle is the best part. It's like how xmas presents are better before you've opened them. (Not to say I'm disappointed in the gifts I've received, just that they lost the possibility to be anything after you've opened them).

Arthea

that looks like the star trek guy whos always super srs, is that suposed to be him?

seriously7fsz5.gif

Maniac

Banned
I was absolutely blown away by some of the SFM videos put up. The potential is astounding.

Aye, it is. So much so that last I heard Shane Acker, creator of the animated film '9' (produced by Burton) was making an animated film called Deep with it. Haven't heard any news for a while though, so hard to say if it's still in the works.
As long as we avoid the uncomfortable masturbation talk again.....

Uncomfortable?

Pfft.

gelf

Wish I knew someone who had a Steam controller so I could try for a while before buying. I love the idea of it but I've also hated every trackpad device I've ever used so I'm reluctant to throw £40 at it with the risk I'll hate it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
is there srsly going to be a sale or is everyone just joking? why would there be a sale?

There has always been this period from December - July that traditionally hasn't been represented well by Steam sales. A lot of people put stuff on their wishlist for "the next big sale" which from January on could be up to 6-7 months away. The end of the year is loaded with "big" sales now - after the Summer sale we get an Autumn and Winter sale, in addition to a smaller Halloween sale.

It makes sense to try to make a somewhat big sale happen sometime after January but before June/July. The beginning of February seems like an odd time to split that gap, but it makes sense why they wouldn't want to wait 7 months between sales at the beginning of the year.

FloatOn

hey I have a $100 amazon card and I'm having a damn hard time finding a steam code for street fighter 5

are they not out yet?

rtcn63

Finished RoTR. *minor spoilers sorta not really*

If you disliked the focus on combat and the relative difficulty of TR (2013), and you just wanted more to do and look at- I'd recommend it.

If the focus on combat and relative difficulty was the main reason you enjoyed TR (2013) then I'd say wait for a heavy discount. The game goes out of its way to make things maddeningly easy. For example, you get most/all of your primary weapons very early on instead of spaced out through the campaign. (Upgrades and alternate weapons are completely unnecessary, and a not at all worth the time invested in getting them) And what few combat encounters there involve areas littered with ammo and environmental aids (exploding barrels, etc.)

Compared to Uncharted - no humor or self-awareness, but better world-building because well, you actually get to explore it. And the graphics (barring Lara's facial model) are really damn good. But it's disappointingly boring otherwise.

Still, taken as a whole package it's an alright game. Just not one I'm personally likely to replay. TR (2013) I've beaten at least twice.

Firebrand

So, um, XCOM 2 just updated, while I was playing XCOM 2. That can't be good? I don't even have "allow downloads while playing" enabled. Only thing I did was to alt+tab out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, um, XCOM 2 just updated, while I was playing XCOM 2. That can't be good? I don't even have "allow downloads while playing" enabled. Only thing I did was to alt+tab out.

DLC can be downloaded in the background. If you purchase/enable DLC for an installed game, you'll see that it's tagged as "Ready to play" while the download completes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom