• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

QpHIrBD.jpg

SALES!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What is great about PC gaming is the fact that upgrading one component, e.g. RAM from 4 GB to 8 GB, gives a new youth to the config, to the point that it feels like I have a brand new config!

I would never have thought that this was dragging my config down so hard. Before stutterings of The Witcher 3 (2015) and The Witness (2016), every game was running perfectly fine on 4 GB. Even Tomb Raider (2015) or GTA V (2015) were running fine on low settings.

Oh man, you upgraded your RAM? Congrats! Some of us were worried we'd scared you off with all the upgrade talk yesterday.

Wok

Oh man, you upgraded your RAM? Congrats! Some of us were worried we'd scared you off with all the upgrade talk yesterday.

To the contrary.

It is on.

var NAVBAR_ITEMS = [{"navbar_title": "Ark: Survival Evolved", "id": "ark", "navbar_icons": ["hb-steam"]}, {"navbar_title": "1 of 8: Titan Souls", "id": "titan-souls", "navbar_icons": ["hb-drmfree", "hb-steam"]}, {"navbar_title": "2 of 8: Broken Age", "id": "broken-age", "navbar_icons": ["hb-drmfree", "hb-steam"]}, {"navbar_title": "3 of 8: Volume", "id": "volume", "navbar_icons": ["hb-steam"]}, {"navbar_title": "4 of 8: Penarium", "id": "penarium", "navbar_icons": ["hb-drmfree", "hb-steam"]}, {"navbar_title": "5 of 8: Dropsy", "id": "dropsy", "navbar_icons": ["hb-drmfree", "hb-steam"]}, {"navbar_title": "6 of 8: Alien Isolation", "id": "alien-isolation", "navbar_icons": ["hb-drmfree", "hb-steam"]}, {"navbar_title": "7 of 8: Elephant in the Room", "id": "elephant-in-the-room", "navbar_icons": ["hb-drmfree"]}, {"navbar_title": "8 of 8: Planetoid Pioneers: Sneak Peak Demo", "id": "planetoid-pioneers", "navbar_icons": ["hb-drmfree"]}, {"navbar_title": "About the Charity", "id": "action_against_hunger", "navbar_icons": []}];

List of the 8 Humble games:

• Titan Souls
  • Broken Age
  • Volume
  • Penarium
  • Dropsy
  • Alien Isolation
  • Elephant in the Room
  • Planetoid Pioneers: Sneak Peak Demo

garath

Looks like all the prices haven't updated yet? Following this little discovery queue type thing has a third of the games not on sale.

The cave set piece in Rise was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in a game. All of the rocks just happening to make perfect crawl spaces as it collapses around you.

And Lakeview Cabin collection is grand, watch the giantbomb quick look and be sold. Three titles (plus a fun secret area) that are all completely different in mechanics and tone.

garath

Some of the discounts aren't as deep as winter :( Gabriel Knight is $10 instead of $5. Dammit.. Should have bought it winter.

zkylon

zkylewd
just wait for a bit until things stabilize

it's always like this with steam sales

Wandered over into gaming side last night. Found people including FROM's Souls/BB in their JRPG lists.

c78.gif
dark souls is hard to pin down to a genre

like, it's definitely a rpg and it would always have a place in a top rpgs list, but u can't really call it a jrpg or wrpg.

and i guess the problem with rpgs is that it's always has had to be one or the other, something like front mission that has maybe more in common with xcom than final fantasy will still be called a jrpg even if it's from the srpg subgenre

genres are weird

so i wouldn't blame ppl for putting dark souls in their list

dark souls is hard to pin down to a genre

like, it's definitely a rpg and it would always have a place in a top rpgs list, but u can't really call it a jrpg or wrpg.

and i guess the problem with rpgs is that it's always has had to be one or the other, something like front mission that has maybe more in common with xcom than final fantasy will still be called a jrpg even if it's from the srpg subgenre

genres are weird

so i wouldn't blame ppl for putting dark souls in their list
did you play and beat bloodborne? I'm honestly curious.

AsylumX

List of the 8 Humble games:

• Titan Souls
  • Broken Age
  • Volume
  • Penarium
  • Dropsy
  • Alien Isolation
  • Elephant in the Room
  • Planetoid Pioneers: Sneak Peak Demo

I really like this month's bundle. Broken Age, Titans Souls and Alien Isolation worth $12 to say the least. The rest are just freebies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom