• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really want to spend money now do I?

Oh I finally beat MGS 3D. I wanted to be able to kill that
juggling idiot
but it was not meant to be. On to Devil Summoner and Yuzu's unnaturally large assets.

Phinor

Damn, already depressed that there will be no new deals for the next week. Steam sales suck!

On the other hand, Shadowrun Hong Kong bonus campaign is now available for all owners of the game, including all backers.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Alien Isolation Collection for under 14 EUR....BOUGHT!

Dr Dogg

Urrrggghhh it's also that time of year again where I normally pick up the newest Footy Manager, bemoan very little has changed since the last iteration but still still do this merry song and dance year after year.

Salsa

I keep wanting to click on XCOM 2 but Rocket League is right beside it and I click that and then it's 3 hours later

tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard
Cards Alert
tradingcard
tradingcard
tradingcard

Anno 2070 got cards.

Phawx

ARK: Survival is the one game not hidden in the next humble. $12 for that and whatever else might not be too bad.

Werd

What is up with Resident Evil HD? Not in this sale of the winter sale, over a year old and it's largest discount is 25%.

Anyway, I knew buying a monthly bundle where the revealed game was a good AAA title that I already owned would be dicey. I don't own any of the new ones, so at least I'm happy about that, but a lot of smaller indies that seem likely to end up in $1 tiers. Haven't heard of several of them, but some do seem interesting. Oh well, decent enough but just once again when you go from ~$4-6 optional BTA tiers to $12 blind purchases you expect an increase in quality and I still haven't really seen that.

Don't worry, you're not on my ignore list! And I'm surprised that people are surprised that you're not on the ignore list when I think the same thing about several other posters all the time. ;)

dark souls is hard to pin down to a genre

like, it's definitely a rpg and it would always have a place in a top rpgs list, but u can't really call it a jrpg or wrpg.

and i guess the problem with rpgs is that it's always has had to be one or the other, something like front mission that has maybe more in common with xcom than final fantasy will still be called a jrpg even if it's from the srpg subgenre

genres are weird

so i wouldn't blame ppl for putting dark souls in their list

The latest FROM games fit predominately in the Action RPG... but beyond that, it doesn't have any of the normal "staples" of a JRPG like Persona/Final Fantasy/etc. It's closer to something like Devil May Cry than it is to Final Fantasy or Persona.

I was thinking of posting in that thread until I saw all the "souls" this and "bloodborne" that and figured it wasn't a discussion I really wanted to be a part of.

Arkham Knight is great
on PS4

It's fine on PC if you have a decent CPU and a 970 or higher (and install it on a SSD). :p

Tizoc

To the contrary.

List of the 8 Humble games:

• Titan Souls
  • Broken Age
  • Volume
  • Penarium
  • Dropsy
  • Alien Isolation
  • Elephant in the Room
  • Planetoid Pioneers: Sneak Peak Demo

Now that's a good bundle.

BTW Sorcery is cheaper now than a few days ago, could be a pricing error.

Anyone got a spare Volume key? :p

Unai

The latest FROM games fit predominately in the Action RPG... but beyond that, it doesn't have any of the normal "staples" of a JRPG like Persona/Final Fantasy/etc. It's closer to something like Devil May Cry than it is to Final Fantasy or Persona.

I was thinking of posting in that thread until I saw all the "souls" this and "bloodborne" that and figured it wasn't a discussion I really wanted to be a part of.

It's fine on PC if you have a decent CPU and a 970 or higher (and install it on a SSD). :p

What about Kingdom Hearts or the Ys series? The truth is that JRPG is a really horrible description if it means Final Fantasy-like.

Phawx

Don't worry, you're not on my ignore list! And I'm surprised that people are surprised that you're not on the ignore list when I think the same thing about several other posters all the time. ;)

Dark Souls comes up often enough that I'm always reminded about the first game I played of theirs and I really liked it. I can still remember renting King's Field from Blockbuster.

I never bought the game though.

Ludens

Banned
This sale is horrible.
No badge, crappy discounts (I mean, stuff that was 50% off or 60% off is now 40% off and 25% off), no metagame, some titles are listed in the deals but they are full price.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This sale is horrible.
No badge, crappy discounts (I mean, stuff that was 50% off or 60% off is now 40% off and 25% off), no metagame, some titles are listed in the deals but they are full price.

Worse than just having the standard weekend sale on 1-2 games?

This kinda came out of nowhere so it's no surprise that publishers weren't sure how to price things.

Ludens

Banned
Worse than just having the standard weekend sale on 1-2 games?

This kinda came out of nowhere so it's no surprise that publishers weren't sure how to price things.

Well, of course if you compare it to normal week-end deals it's better, compared to other sales is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom