• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Still my birthday, so here's a bump for the giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Street Fighter V -- MB-74AC4A9FE729C9D8 - Taken by Ludens. 82 entrants total.
Life is Strange -- MB-95704122ACD4AA36 - Taken by rainking187. 38 entrants total.

t1454716931z1.png

And a few more things. Because I can.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SOMA -- MB-2966F3580C34FD1A - Taken by Ozium. 55 entrants total.
Shadowrun: Hong Kong -- MB-FEA29B76682D6905 - Taken by Spirited. 40 entrants total.
Transistor + OST -- MB-D238876E6DA8F9ED - Taken by Endruen. 16 entrants total.
Oxenfree -- MB-355078B224F5FF88 - Taken by the_firewithin. 57 entrants total.

t1454717234z1.png

Uzzy

yeah, February has gotten to the point of ridiculousness. I'm glad March is quite quiet, just so I can catch up on them all.

Quiet for the moment, but by mid March I imagine we'll have seen a dozen must haves at this rate. I've still got REZero to finish, ROTR to go through, XCOM2 to start.. Firewatch looks quite good, and of course SFV is just going to kill all free time I dare to have after that.

How are the "new" Shadowrun games? The base game and the Dragonfall expansion are in sale for so cheap i'm almost pulling the trigger on them, just need some approval before doing it.

Dragonfall's exceptional. It features some really impressive writing, characters and setting work. I'm a huge cyberpunk fan, but I always thought the Shadowrun universe was a little silly with it's mishmash of elves and chrome. But Dragonfall finally made me get the setting as an authentic universe.

~Kinggi~

Banned
If you're in the UK (and don't mind Zavvi) they have DS3 for £27 on disc.
In the US, and i dont use sites like nuuvem etc. Definitely the cheapest right now, and i find it hard to believe Bethesda will drop Dooms price before launch.

Edit; Yeah Uzzy giveaway is generous

Your cool in my book Uzzy.

---

I'm playing Unearthed. I'm.... not sure about what my life is anymore.

You could say you're in uncharted territory now as you unearth yourself more.

( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

AHA-Lambda

In the US, and i dont use sites like nuuvem etc. Definitely the cheapest right now, and i find it hard to believe Bethesda will drop Dooms price before launch.

Edit; Yeah Uzzy giveaway is generous

kl kl, actually what is the 27% voucher?

Highest I see is 25%

kagamin

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bridge Constructor -- MB-A87DF637284F8F0B - Taken by Maniac. 2 entrants total.

t1454708297z1.png

Just in case you wanted to build a bridge you know.

Never preorder games.

Formula Fusion looks great. I thank you for suggesting it, because I had completely missed it.

Gotta second this, pre orders offer very little to offset the risks. While you sometimes get a pre load and can play day one, marketing more often misrepresents the game.

I've got my money ready for dark souls 3 but will wait till it releases. Just so that I can read or watch some final version thoughts.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Happy birthday Uzzy! Great guy, great player, great enemy!

If you like point-and-click adventure games, then you really need to play Dropsy. I Kickstarted this some years ago, and it has really delivered on its promises. So send a message to ModBot for a chance to hug every stranger you meet, and
for a chance to pee on every fire hydrant you see
. Also, grab Broken Age if you feel like it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ucchedavāda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-CFFE8CFA51AADADE - Taken by redlacs. 24 entrants total.

Dropsy -- MB-10E6FF5201474950 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 14 entrants total.

t1454793794z1.png

Nordicus

How are the "new" Shadowrun games? The base game and the Dragonfall expansion are in sale for so cheap i'm almost pulling the trigger on them, just need some approval before doing it.
Shadowrun Returns is a nice linear introduction to the engine and the combat mechanics of the game, while Dragonfall is more of a proper RPG with proper side content and larger variety in mission approaches

I'm 20 hours into Shadowrun Dragonfall, and while agree that it's an improvement in most areas, there is one thing Shadowrun Returns does better

Party variety.

In SRR, you'll rarely have enough free story characters to make up an entire party, and those story characters aren't super strong either, so you fill any gaps in your group with one of the dozen different mercenaries that were available.

In Dragonfall, you have just barely more free story characters than you have room in your party, and these story characters are pretty much objectively better than any merc you can hire, so you'll spend most of the game with the same group of characters.
The merc selection that is there is also barebones, in SRR you'd see a wide selection of different builds, some more niche than others.

sadblob

Don't think I'll get anything. The things I want most, like Trails SC or Lightning Returns, aren't discounted.
I was considering Pier Solar but it has mixed reviews, has anyone here played it?

mp1990

Banned
Dragonfall is a must play--it's amazing. Hong Kong is very good, probably better with the just-released extended edition. Shadowrun Returns is a pass, unless you're set on playing it, in which case play it first.

Returns is okay. Dragonfall: Director's Cut is one of the best games of 2014. Hong Kong is really solid too.

i liked them quite a bit, although the ui, specially in shadowrun returns is a big headache since it's so clearly designed for tablets

but the writing is really good, the combat is fun and challenging and it's got a good look and atmosphere

i diidn't get too far into dragonfall, but i liked what i played of it and i beat returns

def recommended if u like those kinds of games

If you can just get one, Dragonfall DC is the definite choice.

Quiet for the moment, but by mid March I imagine we'll have seen a dozen must haves at this rate. I've still got REZero to finish, ROTR to go through, XCOM2 to start.. Firewatch looks quite good, and of course SFV is just going to kill all free time I dare to have after that.

Dragonfall's exceptional. It features some really impressive writing, characters and setting work. I'm a huge cyberpunk fan, but I always thought the Shadowrun universe was a little silly with it's mishmash of elves and chrome. But Dragonfall finally made me get the setting as an authentic universe.
Note to self: stop listening to SteamGAF recommendations before i become poor

CaeySY_XIAADO7K.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom