• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Plans do change! :) We worked with licensing to get the art book extended for the one-off Lunar promotion. It's not meant to be sold on its own as we (and Udon) still need to continue selling the print edition.

Are there any plans to fix the artbook PDF?
Here's how most of the spreads look for in the preload version:

wKrdB3B.png

MUnited83

For you.
Plans do change! :) We worked with licensing to get the art book extended for the one-off Lunar promotion. It's not meant to be sold on its own as we (and Udon) still need to continue selling the print edition.

From a business and community engagement perspective, the free digital art book is just another means to expand the DD audience.

We're also considering putting together a Fashion's Dogma community contest with prizes. Still working out the logistics and timing on it, but we'll be sure to make some noise once we hash out the details.
Fashion Dogma contest? I do approve :D
Any chance you could get a key for new app for people who had the old one? A +1 is always good :p

Hektor

I just played 10 hours of XCOM2.

i'd say the game is quite ok.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hektor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
XCOM 2 -- MB-F8CDC7E5C7ACB8E8 - Taken by Haunted. 93 entrants total.

t1454799974z1.png

Please only participate if you really want to play this game!

zkylon

zkylewd
ok is it just me or is it impossible to create asian characters in xcom 2

edit: nvm found it

it's kinda complicated cos race and skin color are separate and faces look weird

wish you could just edit the face skyrim style

I don't really get this sale, most of the games I really want to get are not on sale, even if lots of other games from the same publishers are.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Are there any plans to fix the artbook PDF?
Here's how most of the spreads look for in the preload version:

wKrdB3B.png

Unfortunately, that's how the originals were created. The PDF was created from the source material that was originally designed for print. It's just not practical to re-author the entire book into a dual-spread single page format. Sorry...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do you recommend it for people who don't have clue number one about programming?

I haven't played it yet (I'm still at work for another hour or so) but it certainly doesn't look like it's as user-friendly as something like SpaceChem.

From what I've seen, it looks like you might be able to get through it if you have logical and critical thinking skills and a general aptitude and willingness to learn.

Huh, I just noticed the lunar sale, what is that? They never made it before. Is there an official thread about it in the gaming section?

I haven't played it yet (I'm still at work for another hour or so) but it certainly doesn't look like it's as user-friendly as something like SpaceChem.

From what I've seen, it looks like you might be able to get through it if you have logical and critical thinking skills and a general aptitude and willingness to learn.

Okay, that sounds like a no then.

Volimar

I was doing great in XCOM 2 until this last mission. It seemed easy enough, secure a disabled UFO. Ended up with 2 dead and everyone else injured. Ouch.

Endruen

because you didn't do a disgaea giveaway + say how awesome it is like i told you to do.

Welp, I haven't played it yet XD
I played the DS version for a couple of hours and it was nice. It was kinda awesome, though. I'm eager for the PC version to realease.
And really, I don't have 20$ to spend on Disgaea right now, I wouldn't have entered the raffle if that was the case XD

Vlad

Oh, that's for sure. I'd say that it's definitely got the largest learning curve compared to SpaceChem and Infinifactory, with the latter being the easiest to get into.

There aren't really what you would call any tutorial levels to speak of. Sure, the first ones are easy, but the game kind of just throws you to the wolves when it comes to understanding the concepts. It comes with a PDF manual that details what all the commands do, and it's absolutely required reading. It's not hard to get a handle on, but you've got to do the work when it comes to figuring everything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom