• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BanHammer -- MB-581B43F12E7AEB12 - Taken by dave is ok. 3 entrants total.
Imperial Glory -- MB-5DDB08C331A4F19E - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
Praetorians -- MB-9228B78D99396891 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Alien Shooter -- MB-3596976E43B87468 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-719E646DE0922586 - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Zombie Shooter -- MB-552CE06087A130C4 - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Zombie Shooter 2 -- MB-55A31073D4E824BA - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Abduction Action! Plus -- MB-CAA42F63B174350C - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded -- MB-D7BC96F64C2D3735 - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Shattered Planet -- MB-103B7B4F69EE63AA - Taken by septicore. 2 entrants total.

t1454734755z1.png

Adry9

X-Com 2 performance is so bad, usually in the high 40s during general movement but the special camera moves and drop ships can drop to the mid 20s ;-; 980 ti, maybe it's finally time to take my i53570K to the dump.

Am playing at 1440P though.
Wut??? I know it looks better than the previous one but geez,that sounds like awful optimization

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
BanHammer -- MB-581B43F12E7AEB12 - Taken by dave is ok. 3 entrants total.

Is this bish's new game?

Haunted

Personally I recommend Enhanced Steam for somewhat obvious reasons. It uses IsThereAnyDeal's prices and such and can integrate with their "watch list", but shows data directly on the Steam store pages.
Obviously I already have Enhanced Steam installed ( :D ), but I think the Steam store interface/search is fairly clunky/slow compared to some of these other sites.

Ok, now my interset is piqued.

I have not played XCOM:EU or XCOM:EW. I own both.

On the off chance that modbot stops ignoring me and "The Curse of Shadownet" isn't real, I may have them bumped to the top of my backlog...

So I guess it's time to understand exactly what the expansion is/does and how it integrates/affects the main game.

Since you just said that the poster you quoted should go directly to the expansion, does that mean it's just a bunch of new maps/units/whatever that get integrated into the already existing EU campaign? Or is it separate, like... say... a Blizzard expansion?

rigged in no one's favor. It's a weird RNG, but certainly not rigged.

I know rigged generally applies to someone "fixing" the odds so certain people can't win and that isn't necessarily the case with the awbot/nightbot giveaways on the Alienware stream... but there's at least some question as to how random the seeding for the RNG is with those bots out on the interweb (not just limited to the Alienware stream).

What were they giving away this time?

The_Super_Inframan

On the off chance that modbot stops ignoring me and "The Curse of Shadownet" isn't real, I may have them bumped to the top of my backlog...

So I guess it's time to understand exactly what the expansion is/does and how it integrates/affects the main game.

Since you just said that the poster you quoted should go directly to the expansion, does that mean it's just a bunch of new maps/units/whatever that get integrated into the already existing EU campaign? Or is it separate, like... say... a Blizzard expansion?

the first one, it expands the base game with new and more interesting stuff and just makes it better... so there is no reason to play just the base game if you have the expansion

it's par for the course for Firaxis, Civ 4 + 5 are the same in that regard, there is no reason to play just the base game after the expansions where released... XCOM is the same

Messiah

I know rigged generally applies to someone "fixing" the odds so certain people can't win and that isn't necessarily the case with the awbot/nightbot giveaways on the Alienware stream... but there's at least some question as to how random the seeding for the RNG is with those bots out on the interweb (not just limited to the Alienware stream).

The expansion just adds a lot of stuff to the existing campaign and makes the experience better. It shouldn't really be a problem starting out with Enemy Withing.

Xcom 2 and gtx 780

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow, I've been following the game but it's the first time hearing about this, not even totalbiscuit mentioned it. I hope they are already working on improving that.

Totalbiscuit did mention it.

bigzgod

A man named LenardisPro won a giveaway done by Lenard, I WANT TO SEE THE RECIEPTS!

I'm not actually serious, just slightly salted is all :)

It's an obvious alt/bot of someone else. That user only follows the AW channel and who would have their twitch name be LenardisPro before even knowing about the stream?

It's an obvious alt/bot of someone else. That user only follows the AW channel and who would have their twitch name be LenardisPro before even knowing about the stream?

*Gasp*
People having multiple twitch IDs and using them to increase their odds of winning?
Next thing you'll tell me is that these guys are reselling the codes they won...

Buraindo

It's a long watch, so I get people not wanting to watch. But you should know that he likes Siege a lot, he's just disappointed it has nothing to do with the original games in terms of strategy etc. He says he had lots of fun with Infinite Crisis as well.

At this point I just have to assume that some people only want Patriots because it was cancelled.

Werd

Does the original Unreal's campaign hold up alright? I beat Dark Forces last year so I can handle some older mechanics if well done. I had it on original release but lost my save in the middle of it, can't remember much about it. Except the magazine article I read making a big deal of the enemies playing some kind of dice game animation before you show up as if it was complex AI.

Either way bought the pack for nostalgia, had played a lot of UT and some UT 2004.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This might just be the most bored I've ever been in my life.

Someone stream xcom or something

Eila

I always miss alienware streams.
Stupid phone seems to only send e-mail notifications when I sell a card or something, not e-mails I actually want.

Follow them.
Open Stream.

The end.

You have to write !ticket 1 when there's a giveaway open, though. Can't just leave it open and go elsewhere. I mean I guess you can, but only after you get in the giveaway.

I stopped going on the AW Twitch stream. Got tired of seeing people always begging for keys. There were hardly ever any interesting conversations.

That's so simple. I'll try leaving it on next time they stream.

Have lots of gaffers won?

Yes, but it's different now.

The_Super_Inframan

question...

is Road To Gehenna (talos principle) much harder than the base game? cause I really liked to play more of it...

But I'm also really really dumb and had problems with the end game in the base game...

Should I buy the expansion or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom